Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
Lforce31

Drives: 2014 corvette c7 z51
ordered today

Hey guys, been a member for a long time but just fell off the wagon I guess. anyways I placed a deposit on a ZL1 today from a dealer that states they guarantee they have an allocation, but I have heard this before when ordering a new corvette in 2014. one thing I don't understand is the whole cycle business, after reading for hours and hours i feel from what i am reading that i am kinda screwed, i don't mind waiting a few months but certainly don't want to miss out on getting a fifty....can anyone please explain to me in dummy terms. apologize as i am sure that has been explained many times. I guess what i am looking for is, as long as my dealer has an allocation will i eventually get a car or am i late to the game.

Last edited by Lforce31; 02-21-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Lforce31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
It doesn't get any simpler than this. ZL1s can only be ordered during a certain week of each month. There are just two more times this year that will happen. 3/9 and 4/6. Certain dealers across the country have an allocation to place an order. They must have an allocation that matches what you want to buy otherwise your order will be submitted and not produced until much later if ever in the production process. Ask the dealer if they have an allocation and be sure to ask if it's coupe or convertible and specify what color. Good luck.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:12 PM   #3
Lforce31

thanks, I do appreciate it..guess i need to get on the phone with them tomorrow to ensure they have the correct allocation. I would hope that they would since the general manager was the one that said i was good and he knew exactly what i was asking for, but i will call tomorrow to make sure
Old 02-21-2017, 10:30 PM   #4
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroaddemons View Post
It doesn't get any simpler than this. ZL1s can only be ordered during a certain week of each month. There are just two more times this year that will happen. 3/9 and 4/6. Certain dealers across the country have an allocation to place an order. They must have an allocation that matches what you want to buy otherwise your order will be submitted and not produced until much later if ever in the production process. Ask the dealer if they have an allocation and be sure to ask if it's coupe or convertible and specify what color. Good luck.
Are you sure color matters? I thought it was just coupes or vert
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 AM   #5
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Only colors affected are Krypton Green and Garnet Red.....

The other factors are Coupe or Convertible and M6 or A10......
Old 02-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #6
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
Only colors affected are Krypton Green and Garnet Red.....

The other factors are Coupe or Convertible and M6 or A10......
My point exactly which is why I said color since it could play a factor. Assuming you want the A10 as well tell them everything. Lastly get proof. Too many dealers claim to have allocation but sadly do not Good Luck
Old 02-22-2017, 07:00 AM   #7
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Orers can be entered anytime but can only be placed during the ordering cycle when the dealer has allocation. The dealer will not know if an order may pass and be placed before the cycle's constraints are published the first day of the weekly ordering cycle. The dealers is told how may builds it can be expected to order during the course of the model year some time before the first placing an order against an allocation begins.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:09 AM   #8
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Orers can be entered anytime but can only be placed during the ordering cycle when the dealer has allocation. The dealer will not know if an order may pass and be placed before the cycle's constraints are published the first day of the weekly ordering cycle. The dealers is told how may builds it can be expected to order during the course of the model year some time before the first placing an order against an allocation begins.

Laborsmith
Yes. Clarification for the OP. Entering an order is like placing a request. That can be done any day of the month. However the cycle of actual ordering begins on 3/9 and ends a few days after. The next opportunity is 4/6. Technically you could configure a car today but until we get closer to 3/9 the dealer can't guarantee their allocation will be good. Best regards
Old 02-22-2017, 07:11 AM   #9
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Congrats, see this great thread from cartem2 about chevy's ordering process & what happens now:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438736

And then read Becky’s thread:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:16 AM   #10
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lforce31 View Post
Hey guys, been a member for a long time but just fell off the wagon I guess. anyways I placed a deposit on a ZL1 today from a dealer that states they guarantee they have an allocation, but I have heard this before when ordering a new corvette in 2014. one thing I don't understand is the whole cycle business, after reading for hours and hours i feel from what i am reading that i am kinda screwed, i don't mind waiting a few months but certainly don't want to miss out on getting a fifty....can anyone please explain to me in dummy terms. apologize as i am sure that has been explained many times. I guess what i am looking for is, as long as my dealer has an allocation will i eventually get a car or am i late to the game.
Stingray Chevy has allocations for March order cycle if u need a back up. I had 2 orders going at the same time. Stingray was my backup for March order in case my Feb allocation at another dealer fell through. If you want to give them a call, ask for Harley or Matt. They took my order without a deposit and gave me a workbench order number. Not sure if they cancelled the order or left it to put the car in for inventory stock. You can always change the options on it till the code changes pass 3000 status.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
Lforce31

quick update, called the dealer today to ask for an order workbench, was told I needed to wait another day or two because GM has to accept the order and than assign an order number to it. This is not the way I remember things going when I ordered my Corvette in 2014, but unfortunately the process back then was pretty horrible as well. unless I get some horrible feedback from you guys I am going to give it a few days, but I would really like to have an order#, if you guys give bad feedback then I will go talk to the GM in person tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #12
Shadow77

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lforce31 View Post
quick update, called the dealer today to ask for an order workbench, was told I needed to wait another day or two because GM has to accept the order and than assign an order number to it. This is not the way I remember things going when I ordered my Corvette in 2014, but unfortunately the process back then was pretty horrible as well. unless I get some horrible feedback from you guys I am going to give it a few days, but I would really like to have an order#, if you guys give bad feedback then I will go talk to the GM in person tomorrow.
If they actually submitted the order, there will be an order number generated immediately. My guess is that they either did not submit the order or they don't know how the process works.
Shadow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #13
Lforce31

thanks for the input. I am just going to go tomorrow and talk directly with the general manager. the way these guys operate just kills me, take your money and then don't do there damn job. its only day 2 and I am already fed up. lol