Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #1
SS2020

Drives: Chevy camaro ss
M6 1st to 2nd "thump"

Hey all, 2020 SS M6, when i am trying to go like hell and i bring it up around redline in 1st and bang 2nd as fast as i can I am hearing a kind of quick thump, or thud noise when i let the clutch out. Anyone else ever experience this? The car pulls hard throughout as it should, just that noise makes me nervous. Diving it less aggressively there is no noticable noise. Thanks. BTW, I am not "no lift shifting" but i am shifting as quickly as i can.

Thanks
SS2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:08 PM   #2
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I feel the same thud when shifting quickly, wondering if it’s the traction control kicking in ?
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:49 PM   #3
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Well, it could be that you are shifting so fast that the RPM doesn't have time to fall to appropriate amount for 2nd gear. Do you use auto rev match?

I was just at the track, shifting at redline in 2nd and 3rd gears (auto rev match turned on) and it felt totally smooth with no thump like you describe.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:05 AM   #4
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
I’ve had the same thing happen a few times while I was trying to learn the no lift shift. But I was accidentally just lifting off the throttle a hair. And then your shifting at redline and I think it’s just a big hard jolt to the whole driveline.

But maybe part of it is the traction or stability control kicking in. I’m not sure.

I just had to practice not lifting my foot off the gas at all while shifting.

I’d be interested to hear other peoples experiences.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote