Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2021, 06:52 PM   #57
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
444hp and 3300 lbs. Tempting.

But hasn't the 370 done poorly on the lightning lap handling wise? I know, magazine racing.
Could a track minded trim handle better than a SS? I could see that happening but it’s never going to be any competition to the 1LE. At most, it’ll match the Mustang PP2.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:43 PM   #58
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
Could a track minded trim handle better than a SS? I could see that happening but it’s never going to be any competition to the 1LE. At most, it’ll match the Mustang PP2.
do you realize that a pp2 mustang on the same tire as a 1LE will deliver virtually the same result? as in a couple tenths of a second difference on a 1:30 lap...? the cars perform almost identically in every way. at most, i believe most see the 1LE as easier to drive at the limit.

i don't see a new z car competing unless they can stuff some big tires under it. if so, i expect it to be quicker and faster in almost every regard vs the domestic pigs.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:06 PM   #59
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
do you realize that a pp2 mustang on the same tire as a 1LE will deliver virtually the same result? as in a couple tenths of a second difference on a 1:30 lap...? the cars perform almost identically in every way. at most, i believe most see the 1LE as easier to drive at the limit.

i don't see a new z car competing unless they can stuff some big tires under it. if so, i expect it to be quicker and faster in almost every regard vs the domestic pigs.
That’s news to me with the PP2 package performing that well. I was unaware. I followed the Mustang6g pretty closely as I owned a 2016 Mustang GT for 5 years.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:46 AM   #60
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post

Quote:
That’s news to me with the PP2 package performing that well. I was unaware. I followed the Mustang6g pretty closely as I owned a 2016 Mustang GT for 5 years.
I'm not sure where he got that from, but it is possible. I know the PP2 kept up with a 1LE on Cup 2's, which are stickier than 1LE stock tires. I am not so sure it would keep up with same tire. Possible, but need to see proof.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:09 AM   #61
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Quote:
If the Nissan Z (400Z) does indeed have 444 horsepower and a dry weight of 3,252lb, it will be at least as fast as the Mustang GT, Camaro SS, and Challenger Scat Pack. The weight is very believable as the Z is not moving to a new platform. It will be using a heavily modified version of the 370Z platform. The VR30DDTT has also been out for some time as well with 400hp. It’s not a stretch to believe the power being boosted (literally, fugitively) to 444hp.
From what I heard, sounds like they are going to use the 400hp red sport engine, but at around 3300 lbs and it should be easy to tune it to 475 at least without much effort. IDK, that blue interior looks interesting. I'm still not sure about the front end though. I also wonder if they will offer some old school colors and not generic white, black, silver, gray or red like the Supra. I'm still leaning towards a Scat Pack as I want a new ride no later than the fall, but still can't decide on the trim for sure and a little hesitant as new model may be coming out in 23. I love everything about the Challenger except the weight.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote