Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #85
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
My biggest gripe with the GTR is that it is just too plain civilian looking. Half the time I don't even know it's a GTR until I actually look at it. It just does not stand out like a Shelby or ZL1 does. And you're right about the performance. However from a dig I do think the GTR has the advantage due to AWD. And once you start modding them I think the GTR will go faster and still be much more live-able as a DD. But like you said, when you factor in that for the price of a used 4 year old GTR you can get a brand new fully optioned ZL1 then the go to is the ZL1.

In my case it is the opposite. For what I have planned it would not make sense to buy a brand new GT350 when I can get a low mileage one for mid $40K and then put the $15K into it to make it what I want and end up with a 800+ RWHP GT350 and a total price spent of around $55K to $60K. Plus since I'll be voiding the warranty right off the bat, I'd rather not spend the extra money for a brand new one and then have no warranty.
I think the GT-Rs look good, but yeah, a bit pedestrian from the front. From the rear and side profile, though, they look like a sports car IMO. They have the long hood, fastback, and short deck proportions that look good; similar to the Mustang or Camaro.

I also have massive sticker shock looking at the GT-R NISMO pricetag. If I had $215k to spend on a car, a NISMO GT-R would probably be my last choice. Off the top of my head, I'd go 911 Turbo S, McLaren 570S, AMG GT R, Ferrari Roma, etc., before a $215k GT-R.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:00 PM   #86
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
I think the GT-Rs look good, but yeah, a bit pedestrian from the front. From the rear and side profile, though, they look like a sports car IMO. They have the long hood, fastback, and short deck proportions that look good; similar to the Mustang or Camaro.

I also have massive sticker shock looking at the GT-R NISMO pricetag. If I had $215k to spend on a car, a NISMO GT-R would probably be my last choice. Off the top of my head, I'd go 911 Turbo S, McLaren 570S, AMG GT R, Ferrari Roma, etc., before a $215k GT-R.
When modded tho the N-GTR is supposed to be pretty much unbeatable. I remember they set a record time on one course (I think it was the Ring) and it was on wet grounds after it had rained or something like that. However for what I would be doing with a GTR it certainly is not worth $215K. I'd get a used 720S or something along those lines. For the normal GTR, I think it is priced a bit high but I would buy one over a GT500 for sure.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:50 AM   #87
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I like the new "car guys" atmosphere a lot better than the old "brand loyalists" one.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #88
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I like the new "car guys" atmosphere a lot better than the old "brand loyalists" one.
+1!!
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:56 PM   #89
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Well I am still a brand loyalist in that I do think GM makes the best product hands down. However I have always been willing to buy other competing vehicles when they are a good value. I just think and have expressed that Ford was making a terrible product all this time. I still think that. But for what I intend to do, a used GT350 is the best bet as far as Mustangs go. Still tho, I don't think it is a worthwhile purchase brand new considering what the competition offers at the same price. The GT500 is a decent value at MSRP but you can't get one at MSRP. And there are a lot of flaws and design quirks with it that turns me off. And I do not think I would trust that engine or trans with modding. Any case, yea I am still brand loyal. I'm just willing to try out other stuff.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:45 PM   #90
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Well I am still a brand loyalist in that I do think GM makes the best product hands down. However I have always been willing to buy other competing vehicles when they are a good value. I just think and have expressed that Ford was making a terrible product all this time. I still think that. But for what I intend to do, a used GT350 is the best bet as far as Mustangs go. Still tho, I don't think it is a worthwhile purchase brand new considering what the competition offers at the same price. The GT500 is a decent value at MSRP but you can't get one at MSRP. And there are a lot of flaws and design quirks with it that turns me off. And I do not think I would trust that engine or trans with modding. Any case, yea I am still brand loyal. I'm just willing to try out other stuff.
I definitely have my preferences and generally believe GM makes a better performance product than Ford (Camaro vs Mustang), but Ford and other manufacturers make some good products and I'm an overall car guy who will give credit and or critique where it's warranted regardless of make.

End of the day this is a Camaro forum so I expect most on here to be Camaro fans and people who understand the overall performance level and value of the 6th gen which is objectively hard to beat, but it's nice when people are open minded and willing to experience what the other side is all about.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote