Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Small sub box & loud chimes?

Hey guys, upgraded from my 50 2LT\RS to a 50 SS and the previous owner had put in a complete component\amp\sub package. I personally thought the Bose system was ok enough and would of left it.

Anyway, I'm not a big bass guy anymore so the full trunk length box and 12" (I think haven't measured) sub is a bit much for me. At this point I have the bass all the way down and it still over powers the vocals. I'm afraid if I pull the sub and box all together there will be next to no bass. Also trying to find a middle point between box size and trunk space, so what is everyone doing around sub boxes? I'd like something much smaller that doesn't take up the width of the trunk but is still secure for hard cornering.

Also, the chimes are insanely loud and I no longer have the rear sensor beep just the warning on the screen. I searched and saw lots of complaints around it but no fix, nothing out there that could fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
If you have loud chimes thru your system.. it was tied into the front speaker wires. Sounds as if the amp was replaced and the new one feeds all the speakers. If so, dont think there is anything you can do other than split amps. I've wired into my rear speaker to add amps, mids, and subs. If you are getting to much bass, you would need to play the the lpf hpf and gain on the amp and within the info screen stereo settings. Sub thump makes a nice custom box.
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
let's assume they grabbed the bass signal from the door speaker feeds. if you just want to limit the bass you can use the car EQ settings or any EQ settings on the aftermarket amp.
if that still doesn't get it right you can insert power resistors in-line with the door speaker feeds to the aftermarket amp. Using a 1 ohm 10 watt resistor will give you about a 3 dB cut. You just need 1 resistor per channel. 10 watt will be fine, because that is a continuous power rating and bass is not continuous. If your current sound is over-the-top bass-heavy you may need 2 or 3 ohms per side.

I know what you are saying about some people liking "more bass than music," but what can you do about taste? I don't get it either.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Maybe utilize stock sub location in between back seats eliminate big box, shoot my 1ss with no sub sounds pretty good. If I had a sub would be perfect definitely don't need a big box sub
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #5
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
When folks install systems, many people get loud chimes, and lose the backup sensors. The fix is a proper install, which utilizes either the NavTV GM650 piece, or the new Pac device. Both do the same job, although NavTV is pricier and has been around longer. In this scenario, you would leave the factory amplifier installed and you wont have to disconnect the noise cancelling mics in the doors
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote