#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #15
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCT View Post
Really, it's disappointing but it makes sense. There is a lot of sentimental fondness for the retired drivers and they often are driving the cars that brought them fame. Those retired drivers were often childhood heroes to the older fans who are paying to attend.

The ZL1 is based on a car not even sold in Europe so it's completely irrelevant to the audience there, except as a passing curiosity.
Chevy has left Europe as a volume brand but they still sell the Corvette and Camaro.
http://www.chevroleteurope.com/
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #16
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Hopefully using line lock will not void the warranty like some other manufacturers.
If it is provided by GM, how could it void the warranty?
Old 06-26-2016, 08:23 PM   #17
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
If it is provided by GM, how could it void the warranty?
The mustang GT comes with line lock but if used it will void the warranty but hey that's ford for you.
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:35 PM   #18
HCT

Drives: Charger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
The mustang GT comes with line lock but if used it will void the warranty but hey that's ford for you.
That gets repeated a lot but is not true. Here's the confusion: Ford says line lock should only be used when racing. I'm sure that line came straight from their legal team to avoid liability when someone using line lock on the street crashes. It's racing that voids your warranty, but Ford's no different from any other manufacturer in that regard.

So you can use line lock all you want on the street and it won't void your warranty. They don't sanction its use on the street but it does nothing to your warranty. But go racing and regardless of whether or not you use line lock, your warranty doesn't apply.
HCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #19
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
That gets repeated a lot but is not true. Here's the confusion: Ford says line lock should only be used when racing. I'm sure that line came straight from their legal team to avoid liability when someone using line lock on the street crashes. And it's racing that voids your warranty, but Ford's no different from any other manufacturer in that regard.

So you can use line lock all you want on the street and it won't void your warranty. But go racing and regardless of whether or not you use line lock, your warranty doesn't apply.
Didn't Al and GM say that if you raced any of the Camaros you would be covered under warranty? That's how confident they were in this car.
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:32 AM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by F N MUSCLE View Post
Didn't Al and GM say that if you raced any of the Camaros you would be covered under warranty? That's how confident they were in this car.
Yes, as long as there are zero mods on the car. No CAI or anything.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:50 AM   #21
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Lots of interesting cars this year at Goodwood, I hope they release the official times list soon.

I wonder how the ZL1 of course did, then the 991.2 turbo S did vs the 570S.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #22
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Really, it's disappointing but it makes sense. There is a lot of sentimental fondness for the retired drivers and they often are driving the cars that brought them fame. Those retired drivers were often childhood heroes to the older fans who are paying to attend.

The ZL1 is based on a car not even sold in Europe so it's completely irrelevant to the audience there, except as a passing curiosity.
I'm happy to report that during my last two trips to Europe I saw 4 5th gen Camaros. 1 near the nurburgring, 2 in Switzerland, and 1 in Italy.

The two in Switzerland were in the same small town.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
I'm happy to report that during my last two trips to Europe I saw 4 5th gen Camaros. 1 near the nurburgring, 2 in Switzerland, and 1 in Italy.

The two in Switzerland were in the same small town.
We had a guy in our Houston Camaro Club that shipped his gray ZL1 to Switzerland.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #24
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
I didn't hear any blower whine.
Therefore the ZL1 is obviously n/a.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #25
Freaky62

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
I'm from the UK, and I've ordered myself a new 6th gen that will arrive in 6 weeks.

They are being sold over here, and allegedly good numbers too but this is to be proven in real world situations.

I would expect a chevrolet released video from in car footage and lap times once they have edited the footage (I'd be surprised if there wasn't as every vehicle gets one). If i see anything before any of you guys I'll be sure to post it! But I will also ask my friends that attended this event if they know anything. As for there not being much footage from the live coverage it was the same thing for the mustang gt350 last year they try to send cars out way too close to eachother so the camera men are often scrambling for the best shot on every car unless as like another poster has mention here above its an old racer in an old race car. The event was founded on old historic race cars even when you visit the show its much the same all over..

*please note I cannot view the videos in the earlier posts due to a rubbish Facebook link to this page *

https://youtu.be/AxQgqmwQGus hopefully no one gets a silly (not viewable in your location) message.
Freaky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #26
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
That gets repeated a lot but is not true. Here's the confusion: Ford says line lock should only be used when racing. I'm sure that line came straight from their legal team to avoid liability when someone using line lock on the street crashes. It's racing that voids your warranty, but Ford's no different from any other manufacturer in that regard.

So you can use line lock all you want on the street and it won't void your warranty. They don't sanction its use on the street but it does nothing to your warranty. But go racing and regardless of whether or not you use line lock, your warranty doesn't apply.
Exactly. But it does void any type of warranty to do with your tires, regardless of "racing" or not.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #27
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky62 View Post
I'm from the UK, and I've ordered myself a new 6th gen that will arrive in 6 weeks.

They are being sold over here, and allegedly good numbers too but this is to be proven in real world situations.

I would expect a chevrolet released video from in car footage and lap times once they have edited the footage (I'd be surprised if there wasn't as every vehicle gets one). If i see anything before any of you guys I'll be sure to post it! But I will also ask my friends that attended this event if they know anything. As for there not being much footage from the live coverage it was the same thing for the mustang gt350 last year they try to send cars out way too close to eachother so the camera men are often scrambling for the best shot on every car unless as like another poster has mention here above its an old racer in an old race car. The event was founded on old historic race cars even when you visit the show its much the same all over..

*please note I cannot view the videos in the earlier posts due to a rubbish Facebook link to this page *

https://youtu.be/AxQgqmwQGus hopefully no one gets a silly (not viewable in your location) message.
Enjoying the comments about Chevy "stealing" line lock from Ford. As some of the comments point out, Ford isn't the one to coin line lock. Second, the system in the Mustang was not developed by Ford - it was by a supplier who actually developed the particular system for another customer. I hate when people talk about this "stealing" of tech. MRC in the GT350 was developed under Delphi, in a time of overlap when Delphi was owned by GM and also once separated. Ford did not "steal" MRC from GM. Supplier developement.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #28
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We had a guy in our Houston Camaro Club that shipped his gray ZL1 to Switzerland.
The two I saw in Switzerland were silver and yellow. Neither were ZL1s though. I think they were both SS but the yellow may have been a V6.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote