Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #99
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Cyber Gray...

LTs have consistently shown to gain around 15 HP on top if not more...I really doubt he would have dynoed at 255 stock...but who knows!?

Sure its a good chunk of cash, but this stuff aint cheap either lol
Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #100
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Cyber Gray...

LTs have consistently shown to gain around 15 HP on top if not more...I really doubt he would have dynoed at 255 stock...but who knows!?

Sure its a good chunk of cash, but this stuff aint cheap either lol
The car had a dyno (stock) last year at our clubs dyno day, car pulled 230.6, don't know if that was Power or Torque (checking on which one it was). Still the gain of horsepower is nice, but also sounds sweet!
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #101
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Don't think I ever posted this but if ya'll want to see improvement then look at my before and after dyno's. The #s on the side are at peak rpm of 6600. So for the bang for the buck I would go with this. Remember hp/tq ratings that companies list are at the highest point, not peak rpm. ARH with my other setup are the shit. Plus look at the weather conditions.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #102
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfe View Post
The car had a dyno (stock) last year at our clubs dyno day, car pulled 230.6, don't know if that was Power or Torque (checking on which one it was). Still the gain of horsepower is nice, but also sounds sweet!
Then in this case. I guess the weather condition has caused a drop in the car's performance. There must be something wrong with it !!

304 hp on the crank and 230 RWHP = loss of 74 hp (where the hell did they go?) Thats far more than -15% guys ... and around 25% loss !! :(

Are you sure that the car was on?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #103
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Then in this case. I guess the weather condition has caused a drop in the car's performance. There must be something wrong with it !!

304 hp on the crank and 230 RWHP = loss of 74 hp (where the hell did they go?) Thats far more than -15% guys ... and around 25% loss !! :(

Are you sure that the car was on?
Have you dyno'd yours, you may be in for a shock then
No expert just looking at the numbers, devildoc's first run was 229.69
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #104
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfe View Post
Have you dyno'd yours, you may be in for a shock then
No expert just looking at the numbers, devildoc's first run was 229.69
It is worth a dyno after all? You need to take your horses to a hospital man for steriods or something.... that is so sick .

Are you sure that it says hp on your spec sheet, coz it seems to me like dp (donkey power) !!

I will save those mods money to trade for a used SS, end of talk
Old 01-09-2011, 02:05 AM   #105
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
Don't think I ever posted this but if ya'll want to see improvement then look at my before and after dyno's. The #s on the side are at peak rpm of 6600. So for the bang for the buck I would go with this. Remember hp/tq ratings that companies list are at the highest point, not peak rpm. ARH with my other setup are the shit. Plus look at the weather conditions.
Too sad to say man, but whenever I reach the highest RPM I realize that the road is short.

Why do we need turns and bumps? can we just have straight never ending roads so we can enjoy those high RPMs
Old 01-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #106
devildoc

Quote:
Too sad to say man, but whenever I reach the highest RPM I realize that the road is short.

Why do we need turns and bumps? can we just have straight never ending roads so we can enjoy those high RPMs
I dont realize the road is short, I just realize there is more room for speed. I am a speed junkie, 120s on the hwy are a norm for me (if it is safe out). I go for drives in the middle of the night to feed it. You just have to want it. If you don't then why are you commenting on what others are doing? It seems you are only out to bring down others, what a shame :(
Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #107
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
I have to say I am actually pretty surprised at how quite yours sounds...mine is deafening and horribly raspy when the engine has been cold. Once it warms up it sounds amazing though. Still not sure what i'm gonna do...

As for the dyno numbers. Keep in mind that dynos can vary hugely depending on brand, location and weather conditions. I did a dyno in California and pulled 265hp with just my exhaust and intake. When I did a dyno here in Arizona on a 110 degree and humid day AFTER having the headers installed my dyno came out 40hp less. You really need to be testing on the same dyno in similar conditions for any sort of accurate result.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #108
devildoc

That's why I have the same shop doing my dyno but notice again, like you said falcon, that the weather plays a large part in performance.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #109
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Guys!!

Thats it....

I found the solution for this V6 dead engine...

Not an exhaust, or intake, or headers, or tune, or TB or expensive FI.

If it works for men.....

It should never disappoint them at all... anyway.

Please welcome..... my solution

Old 01-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #110
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra

we get it. you hate mods. save your money and buy an ss. The rest of us would like to continue discussing these kickass headers.
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #111
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Guys!!

Thats it....

I found the solution for this V6 dead engine...

Not an exhaust, or intake, or headers, or tune, or TB or expensive FI.

If it works for men.....

It should never disappoint them at all... anyway.

Please welcome..... my solution
If you hate the V6 so much then sell your car. If you actually bothered to learn or try mods on your car you would realize the benefits of them.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #112
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
If you hate the V6 so much then sell your car. If you actually bothered to learn or try mods on your car you would realize the benefits of them.
Well well.

I finally get to try the legendary SS, and I was shoked. I thought that I will be riding the wind. However, I didnt get the feel of the 426 hp .

It was moded SS with Borla Type S Catback and K&N intake!

Indeed I felt the V6 is more responsive. The SS dude hated me for my comments and asked me to f**k off, but as you know my sense of humor is always high. So I offered him a free ride on my LT.

At the end he said, dude I never expected the V6 to be strong like this, you could beat a stock V8 with this thing in a take off!!

I only have CAIinc and Magna flow cat back in my pockets with Pfadt sway bars.

I was really touched by his comment .

V6 is a strong car after all just burn all the dynos away dudes. They are completely worthless.

It is good to have a friend like him !!