Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-10-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Camaro 6 Piston Bolts

Hi All,

This may seem like a newbie question but since I am taking interest in doing things myself to reap the rewards of learning something new I figured I will ask. I have 4 piston brakes and I am upgrading to the 6 piston brakes. I bought the calipers (front and back) and I am buying all the parts necessary rotors, pads and etc. The question I have before I start taking everything off..Do the 6 piston brakes calipers use a different caliper mounting bolt than the 4 pistons or are they the same? I discovered they use a different brake hose so I bought new lines for the 6 piston setup.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #2
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
When doing the swap on my car I only found the head of the bolt to be a different size everything else about it remained the same.

My aftermarket SS hoses were the same length of the ZL1 hoses so I was able to retain them (Actually had to).
Old 09-10-2020, 05:15 PM   #3
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
Do the 6 piston brakes calipers use a different caliper mounting bolt than the 4 pistons or are they the same? I discovered they use a different brake hose so I bought new lines for the 6 piston setup.
I believe it depends which 6 piston brakes. The ZL1/ZLE 6 piston calipers do use a longer bolt compared to the SS 4 piston caliper. That said they also use the same Goodridge stainless upgraded brake line part number between them. So the fact you are discovering the need for different brake hoses leads me to believe you are talking the SS/1LE or GMPP 6 piston brake calipers. And that caliper bolt I don't know the answer to... Call Matt at WildHammer?

https://wildhammermotorsports.com
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
I believe it depends which 6 piston brakes. The ZL1/ZLE 6 piston calipers do use a longer bolt compared to the SS 4 piston caliper. That said they also use the same Goodridge stainless upgraded brake line part number between them. So the fact you are discovering the need for different brake hoses leads me to believe you are talking the SS/1LE or GMPP 6 piston brake calipers. And that caliper bolt I don't know the answer to... Call Matt at WildHammer?

https://wildhammermotorsports.com
Thanks I will give him a call. You are absolutely correct I referring to the SS/1LE 6 Piston brake setup. I figured the rears are the same since it pretty much a color swap and they are 4 pistons already, so no change there. I will double check on the fronts and share the info.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote