Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #1
kjbride

Drives: 2018 Camaro Convertible
2018 Camaro Convertible Dashboard Dimmer Question/Issue

I own a 2018 Camaro convertible and I have had an issue (on and off) where the radio doesn't dim with the rest of the dashboard at night when the lights are on. When using the dimmer switch the gauges dim like normal but the radio does not from time to time OR the radio stays bright the entire time. I am still under a warranty but I am reaching out to see if anyone else has had an issue like this as maybe I am missing something.

Appreciate any insight and recommendations. I will end up taking to the dealer but wondering if I am at fault for missing something.

Kevin
kjbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #2
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
The first thing I would check would be whether there are any software updates available for the Infotainment system.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #3
kjbride

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that a couple times and there is no update. I have started to wonder if the radio screen is not dimming because of my car lighter plug being used for a dash cam. Last night I started the car with it plugged in and the radio didn't dim. A few moments later after driving home and being in the garage I shut the car off, then restarted without the dash cam plugged in and the radio dimmed for the first time....BUT then when back to not dimming after about 5 minutes. So might be an issue with electrical or maybe a off and on faulty fuse. I will ask the dealer and see what they know. Just didn't want to leave my car for a day with them to find out they can't find anything wrong.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbride View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that a couple times and there is no update. I have started to wonder if the radio screen is not dimming because of my car lighter plug being used for a dash cam. Last night I started the car with it plugged in and the radio didn't dim. A few moments later after driving home and being in the garage I shut the car off, then restarted without the dash cam plugged in and the radio dimmed for the first time....BUT then when back to not dimming after about 5 minutes. So might be an issue with electrical or maybe a off and on faulty fuse. I will ask the dealer and see what they know. Just didn't want to leave my car for a day with them to find out they can't find anything wrong.
Sounds like either a software glitch (have you tried clearing all of the settings and re-programming everything?) or something that the dealer is going to need to address with repairs.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #5
kjbride

I will try clearing everything and see if that helps out. I appreciate the help.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:32 PM   #6
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbride View Post
I will try clearing everything and see if that helps out. I appreciate the help.
You might try disconnecting the battery for a while as another option to reset the electronics.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:54 AM   #7
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
You might try disconnecting the battery for a while as another option to reset the electronics.

Yes, you can disconnect the negative cable for about 10 minutes. You will probably have to re-index your windows. Also, it may not start until the second try.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote