Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 04-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
DISCOUNT TIRE NORTH RICHLAND HILLS

Well To say I am VERY particular about my wheels and tires is a GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT. Time and Time again, I usually find something I am not quite happy with when it comes to mounting tires and wheels. Invariably there is at least a very small nick or scratch on the wheel or the wheel weights are too visible or the wrong color etc. etc.

I took my BRAND NEW Apex wheels to the DISCOUNT TIRE store in North Richland Hills TEXAS (817-788-1557) and I had them mount some MICHELIN PS 4S 305 30 19 tires on some APEX 19 x 10.5 wheels. I took it specifically to them because they have one of those high dollar tire changers (30K) that DOESNT touch the rim.

The store manager (Jeremy Parsons) whom I have known for years from other DT locations assured me that they would handle this, NO PROBLEM. He then entered all the notes on the job in the system such as what TPS sensors I wanted and the black wheel weights I requested ETC.

When I picked up the wheels and tires the next day, there was a small amount of white grease on the front of the tire which was used of course to help slide the tire over the rims. I was told they left it there because they did not want to scratch the wheels by rubbing them with a cleaning rag (which by the way is EXACTLY the right thing to do because you use a car wash to pressure wash the grease off ).

So basically after I pressure washed them I could find ZERO and I mean ZERO damage on all four rims and tires. So this is FIVE STAR service as far as I am concerned. Not all Discount Tire stores have this type of tire changer so you might want to ask if your local one does if this one is too far away from you.

A big shout out to Jeremy and his guys!!!
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
Good news

Thanks for sharing. Be sure to fill out a receipt survey.
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #3
Harpinc

Drives: 19' ZL1 1LE
Good to hear...
Texas Track Works is my choice..
Harpinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #4
supersportss

Drives: 2019 SS
I've had really great service and no scratched or damaged wheels at the Discount Tire In Greenville Texas, they do great work.

Last edited by supersportss; 05-06-2020 at 10:59 AM.
supersportss is offline   Reply With Quote