Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
ZL1 Addons email scam

So about a week ago I was on their website shopping for a wickerbill, I added it to the cart along with the stealth hardware upgrade and the rivnut tool. The total came to around $280 which I decided was more than I wanted to spend so I decided not to complete the purchase. The next day I get an email offering a discount and when I clicked on the "Complete Order" button it showed the same order including the hardware upgrade and rivnut tool for $226. That was more reasonable so I went ahead and bought it. When the item arrived there was no tool and it had the standard hardware. I sent an email to them asking about those items and they told me that I didn't purchase them. I've sent them the screenshot below twice showing that it was on my order and they refuse to even acknowledge it, it even shows those items on the packing slip! Instead they keep insisting that I didn't add them to the cart and this is somehow my fault. They were already there, why would I add them a second time? While it would have been nice of them to do the honorable thing by sending me the tool and hardware, I honestly would've been happy with a simple apology and acknowledgment that there was a glitch with the pricing on their website. No, instead I got 3 emails of them taking zero responsibility and placing all of the blame on me when all I did was click on the link to complete the order that THEY emailed to me. This makes me wonder whether or not this is an actual glitch or just an outright scam. Either way, between that and their lack of customer service, it's the last time I will be buying anything from them.
Attached Images

LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #2
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Wow
Old 04-25-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
That's always sad to hear. At first I had a pretty good experience with them as well.

I bought their front splitter guards a while back when I got my 1LE. So far I think they've done their job very well too. A few months ago, I crept up too far on a granite curb and ended up tearing off the center one just under the front point. When I originally bought these splitter guards, they offered to replace any that you lost for free. It took a while to get in touch with than but they finally responded but said my order wasn't in their system. They said they would still do it, and asked for my shopping info. I gave it to them and I never heard back or received the replacement.

It was supposed to be free, so I'm not mad or anything, but it's unfortunate there was no follow up. I think it's only like one guy with a machine shop so maybe he's just to busy?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #4
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Benefit of the doubt is what they're relying on. Economy is tough right now so expect more of this from small online business owners.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:26 PM   #5
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
Benefit of the doubt is what they're relying on. Economy is tough right now so expect more of this from small online business owners.
Except any car product will have a huge backlash because the car community is so close and talks.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I had good luck with them too. They shorted me 1 screw and ring on the black stainless hardware kit I ordered. They sent me 2 more complete black stainless hardware kits for free. That was like $60 in free parts just for missing 1 screw.

That said, I would be hella pissed if this was me. That purchase receipt clearly shows what should have been included with the order, and for them to ignore that just plain sucks. Website mistake or not, they should send it.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote