Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-25-2018, 11:09 PM   #43
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Following...same problem.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #44
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Have had this problem for 2 years now. My local dealer is no help, their standard answer for everything "never heard of that" and "can't reproduce".
That being said I contorted my way into the trunk where I could reach around and produce the sound for them along with the link to this thread. That has been a good 18 months by now.......clean and grease every month is my only resolve
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #45
Drsagacity

I had two small velcro strips and wrapped the post...squeaking and rattling are gone.

TBD performance
Old 02-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #46
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I created this thread, and after over 2 years, I'm still noise free. That velcro strip & lube have lasted a long time & was a very simple fix.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:14 AM   #47
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
Back to the dealer for my last attempt at a laundry list of issues (tranny, top rattle, loose light, mylink display, and replace door panel they got oil on during last oil service). To my complete surprise they called me with an update that sounds promising, ordering a "fork wedge" for the top and have the front fascia torn down to repair loose fog/running light, and tranny flush. Will address the door panel when other repairs are complete........fingers crossed!!!!!
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:53 PM   #48
tom's2005gto

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Well, the service manager said he heard TWO distinct noises, a "rattle" and a "clunking" noise.

The rattle was caused by the bracket (pic 2) that goes onto the bolt (pic 1) when the trunk deck is in it's normal place (regardless if top is up or down). He said GM has had problems with this and told him to specifically check it. Apparently the bracket is so tight on the bolt, that it moves side to side on the bolt, rattling in the process. Notice how the bolt is covered in Velcro, which was lubricated. How long will this fix last? who knows. I am not going to let it end with this though. I don't feel it's a proper fix.

The clunking noise was from the stoppers not being adjusted properly, making the trunk deck bounce up & down slightly.

At this time, the noises are completely gone.
The creaking has started. I cleaned the two post with 97% rubbing alcohol and cut strips about 2" long and wrapped the post, which was about 1.25 times around, just wanted to have some overlap. I then coated the velcro with grease and the fork style latch.

It still creaks. Suggestions? And any idea if more times around the post is needed?
tom's2005gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #49
GrantB

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
This is not the same issue, but maybe you guys can tell me how to fix this problem: where the top meets the top of the windshield, there is just a constant creak and what not from that exact area right by my head. Anyone had/have this problem? Does the latch need to be tightened? Loosened some maybe...? It is extremely annoying when I'm not listening to music with the top up, or with music on low volume trying to hold a conversation. It's also embarrasing when people are in the vehicle and are very impressed by it, and then when I start driving and we're chatting it is just constantly creaking. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Also, I believe my vert did the problem this thread covered the other day, it was a weird creak/rattle from the rear passenger area. It did it for a few minutes and never again. It has 10k miles and I have never heard since that one occasion. If it happens again I will know what to look for!

Thanks in advance guys!
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom's2005gto View Post
The creaking has started. I cleaned the two post with 97% rubbing alcohol and cut strips about 2" long and wrapped the post, which was about 1.25 times around, just wanted to have some overlap. I then coated the velcro with grease and the fork style latch.

It still creaks. Suggestions? And any idea if more times around the post is needed?
GrantB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #50
Biggdummy

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss vert
Alot of the creeks will stop with some rubber seal conditioner on all the weather stripping.I have even had success with silicon lube.
Biggdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:30 PM   #51
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert

I use this....
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:13 PM   #52
EddyC

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I created this thread, and after over 2 years, I'm still noise free. That velcro strip & lube have lasted a long time & was a very simple fix.

Just done exactly this fix, only been for a short drive but when leaving the garage where I always get a "clunk" and nothing! Amazing it's such a simple fix, thanks for sharing!!!
EddyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:33 PM   #53
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Hopefully the rattles are easy to fix... they're pretty annoying with the top up.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with either window hitting the convertible top when you open the door? My windows index on opening but not fast enough to stop the rub. To counteract this, I end up pulling the handle gently and holding the door so it doesn't open, wait for the glass to drop and clear the ragtop, pull the door open.

These issues aren't deal breakers, I'll be driving with the top down 90% of the time. Although, I'd love to hear about simple solutions...if there available. Thanks!
I've got a 2017 RS Vert. My passenger window hits the ragtop but the driver's side does not. I've done the index reset several times but it doesn't help. Just like you, I pull the door handle and wait a second before opening the door.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:05 PM   #54
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
I too was getting a lot of clunking noises going over bumps. I ended up wrapping all 4 latching posts for the tonneau cover with 3 layers of automotive cloth tape and greased the latching forks. Clunks are gone.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #55
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom's2005gto View Post

Wrap around a couple times. You wrapped the posts that a fork comes down and connects to it, right? I probably wrapped 2-3 times around with Velcro.

TBD performance
Old 08-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #56
FRANKLT1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro convertible LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post
I've got a 2017 RS Vert. My passenger window hits the ragtop but the driver's side does not. I've done the index reset several times but it doesn't help. Just like you, I pull the door handle and wait a second before opening the door.
I have a 2020 LT1 and yes my driver's door window is doing the same thing, is there a fix for this
FRANKLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote