Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-22-2020, 06:16 AM   #15
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I did the Borla S-Type Axle Back with the Carbon Fiber Tips. Sounds way better than stock. This is just to get me by until I do headers and off road pipe and a few other things!
Attached Images

EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:39 AM   #16
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
I can't comment on any of the catbacks, but mine has kooks headers with high flow cats tied to the stock exhaust. It scares cats, dogs and females when it starts up, no drone at cruise but imo sounds great when you get on it. My older ears wouldn't want anything louder.

Other then saving some weight, I'm not sure I'd do anything any different and I like the stock exhaust tips better then anything I've seen aftermarket.
A cat back exhaust won't void your warranty, but headers and sport cats will.

Last edited by Mark R; 10-22-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #17
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I went with an S-Type on my non-NPP SS. Loved the sound difference.

I don’t mind the stock NPP sound as much as the non-NPP, but if I do ever replace it I will probably go S-Type again.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:30 AM   #18
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL View Post
I did the Borla S-Type Axle Back with the Carbon Fiber Tips. Sounds way better than stock. This is just to get me by until I do headers and off road pipe and a few other things!
didnt know borla made an axle back for the zl1????
i see one listed on wildhammer for the ss/zl1 but when i contacted borla about it they said it is not for the zl1
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:20 AM   #19
EvilZL

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
didnt know borla made an axle back for the zl1????
i see one listed on wildhammer for the ss/zl1 but when i contacted borla about it they said it is not for the zl1
When I talked with Borla, they said the same thing. I ordered mine from CSP and saved 10% with free shipping.
I talked with Jacob from CSP and he said they will work. I know a few people that have done just the axle back. He said a few years ago it was the same part # ss/zl1, then they came out with the catback for the zl1 and now they want you to buy the whole system.
So, I bought it with the S-type with the NPP on it just to get me by until I do headers and off road pipe and a few other things next spring.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #20
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL View Post
When I talked with Borla, they said the same thing. I ordered mine from CSP and saved 10% with free shipping.
I talked with Jacob from CSP and he said they will work. I know a few people that have done just the axle back. He said a few years ago it was the same part # ss/zl1, then they came out with the catback for the zl1 and now they want you to buy the whole system.
So, I bought it with the S-type with the NPP on it just to get me by until I do headers and off road pipe and a few other things next spring.
well shit that would have saved me 800 buks. oh well, i already got it paid for and an appointment at vengeance guess i should have asked sooner...
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:37 PM   #21
EvilZL

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
well shit that would have saved me 800 buks. oh well, i already got it paid for and an appointment at vengeance guess i should have asked sooner...
No worries, yeah I was curious myself before I bought mine, so that's when I asked Jacob about it before I ordered.
I am going to get some bolt ons done in the spring along with headers and off road connection pipe with a few other things, so this was just to get me by until then.