Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #29
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Maybe they are reading the board or they realize that they don't have any Transformers movies to use for free advertising any longer.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #30
oOKhanhOo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
disappointing
oOKhanhOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #31
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Maybe they are reading the board or they realize that they don't have any Transformers movies to use for free advertising any longer.
Free? I bet that cost GM a fortune.
DaveC113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #32
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Anyone ever stop to think that the lower gen 6 sales may be do to things other than lack of TV advertising? just saying....

Last edited by Stex; 01-17-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:37 AM   #33
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Anyone ever stop to think that the lower gen 6 sales may be do to things other than lack of TV advertising? just saying....
Nobody is saying that it's tv commercials, but marketing overall - No matter what other problems the car might have. We already have more GT500 stock footage and tons of pics compared to the 19 Camaro (it's just 2 short clips of an SS und convertible standing still in a boring hall, no revs, no driving footage, etc) - So every journalist can only present your brandnew sportscar with booring footage and cheap renderings hat make the car look really bad.

No matter how practical your car is compared to the competition, if other companies make driving the car look exiting and fun and be in the automobile news every months with some news your car will go down in media. And no matter how much Camaro drivers love their car, someone with an open mind will surely be influenced by all the marketing of the other brands if you don't read anything about the Camaro at all. To me I think the Challenger is only going that strong because their marketing team is really killing it recently.

At least they are now really going strong in advertising the Silverado, so hopefully that will put that effort into other cars soon too
Old 01-18-2019, 06:12 AM   #34
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
and yet challenger sales have gone up
And here’s why.....
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...aro-collection

Bumble Bee cars sell tomorrow at Barret-Jackson....fyi....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:32 PM   #36
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Nobody is saying that it's tv commercials, but marketing overall - No matter what other problems the car might have. We already have more GT500 stock footage and tons of pics compared to the 19 Camaro (it's just 2 short clips of an SS und convertible standing still in a boring hall, no revs, no driving footage, etc) - So every journalist can only present your brandnew sportscar with booring footage and cheap renderings hat make the car look really bad.

No matter how practical your car is compared to the competition, if other companies make driving the car look exiting and fun and be in the automobile news every months with some news your car will go down in media. And no matter how much Camaro drivers love their car, someone with an open mind will surely be influenced by all the marketing of the other brands if you don't read anything about the Camaro at all. To me I think the Challenger is only going that strong because their marketing team is really killing it recently.

At least they are now really going strong in advertising the Silverado, so hopefully that will put that effort into other cars soon too
May not be the commercial effect. Just may be a more desirable car due to many things....room, visibility, price, engine choices,,etc…, we need to face that the current Camaro may have fatal flaws.... hard to think such on a Camaro site...besides does anyone really watch regular TV anymore?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:22 AM   #37
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
So, GM is now pitching the Camaro as an econobox that can be had for under $26k. Embarrassing. Honestly, their marketing folks are totally off the mark. For goodness sake, it's an American icon, pitch it as such. Youtubers do a better job filming and selling cars via cool vids. WRXFan's review/video of the 1LE is what got me interested in the car. Before that, it wasnt on my radar. I was shopping Corvettes, Mustangs, and Challengers.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:33 AM   #38
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
So, GM is now pitching the Camaro as an econobox that can be had for under $26k. Embarrassing. Honestly, their marketing folks are totally off the mark. For goodness sake, it's an American icon, pitch it as such. Youtubers do a better job filming and selling cars via cool vids. WRXFan's review/video of the 1LE is what got me interested in the car. Before that, it wasnt on my radar. I was shopping Corvettes, Mustangs, and Challengers.
Exactly! I had a 15 Mustang GT, but all the reviews from Matt, MotorTrend, etc really got me into the Camaro (I always liked the Camaro, but 15 GT was such a big step compared to 14 Camaro). I am still wondering how they could not put Matt in a 19 SS as fast as possible to make people hyped for the car - His 6th Gen Camaro review got friggin 1,3M views!
Old 01-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #39
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
it’d be cool to see a camaro commercial that rivals the 2011 c6 one about america still building rockets. i remember seeing it on tv and thinking got damn a real commercial for a corvette...sweet.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:31 AM   #40
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
A year or two ago, While I was shopping for another gen1 Camaro SS, i had seen a couple spots that showed a Camaro Doing serious burnouts at a track.
It stuck with me, and forced my decision to go to a dealer and test drive one to prove to myself that the new ones were lame.
I still remember the test drive, and my grin.... all I had to do was pick the one for me and make my best deal.
So called halo cars get butts in the dealer.... my butt is a perfect example
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:05 PM   #41
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Yeah, very sad. Dodge doesn't the cheapest Challengers available like this Camaro, they show the most muscle. Commercials of the halo cars such as ZL1, ZL1E, and SS doing their thing brings attention and sales of all Camaros. GM/Chevy marketing is a joke. Maybe they shouls bring back the "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder and sell it for $ 25 K.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #42
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcool View Post
I want a Camaro commercial with Bill Goldberg in it or maybe Stone Cold Steve Austin!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote