Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-04-2019, 09:11 AM   #15
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
He is why I laugh when everyone whines that GM is run by non car people. Simply isn’t true especially now.

I’ve met him been in meetings with him and he is one of very top few people I have huge respect for.

As a side I remember sitting next to his father Loyd in a meeting almostv30 years ago when he was President and being in such awe.

This is a good move.
All this. Plus he got a chuckle when I told him the story of me stealing his dad's car my 1st month at GM.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #16
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Mark Ruess will be CEO sometime in the near future. I like Mark, big time car guy, just hope he can turn things around without all the corporate bean counters standing in his way.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:51 AM   #17
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Mark Ruess will be CEO sometime in the near future. I like Mark, big time car guy, just hope he can turn things around without all the corporate bean counters standing in his way.
Making Mark President boils down the list of Mary Barra's successors to either him or Dan Amman (who, by the way is about as skilled a track driver as Mark Reuss). Dan was President before Mark and is now the CEO of Cruze Automation, the GM wholly owned company set up to deliver GM's autonomous vehicle portfolio. So the future is one of two car guys, one who's in charge of the "mainstream" portfolio, one who is in charge of the future portfolio. I'm good with that.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 01-04-2019, 10:38 AM   #18
CaptainRedHat
Resident IT guy

Drives: Silverado (Camaro SS coming soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
If the pensions are killing GM its time to kill off the pensioners... j/k! ������
Please don't kill my dad. I still need that employee discount to buy a Camarow.

Last edited by CaptainRedHat; 01-04-2019 at 11:12 AM.
CaptainRedHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:51 AM   #19
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRedHat View Post
Please don't kill my dad. I still need that employee discount to buy a Camaro.
You buying a Camaro or a Camarow? (check your profile)

Old 01-04-2019, 10:55 AM   #20
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
For all you who believe electric cars are not the future you need to pull you heads out of the sand. Any car company that is not converting to electric will be gone in 20 years if not sooner. But cheer up, combustion engines are not going away anytime soon, that is until government outlaws them.

You mean like China ?? …

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...stion-engines/
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #21
CaptainRedHat
Resident IT guy

Drives: Silverado (Camaro SS coming soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
You buying a Camaro or a Camarow? (check your profile)
Oops I meant Camarow. Sorry about that. Post edited.
CaptainRedHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #22
fosterelli

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
In charge of GM decisions:

Board of Directors
Shareholders
CEO
US Government

Then we get to the rest.

Last edited by fosterelli; 01-05-2019 at 01:31 PM.
fosterelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #23
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
id like him to get the camaro back in high sales and why don't gm advertise the camaro
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:26 AM   #24
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd haughton View Post
id like him to get the camaro back in high sales and why don't gm advertise the camaro
so many on this forum agree with that. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually saw an ad for a camaro. of if they are advertising them, they are not on any tv shows I watch... like Drama, movies, sports or comedies. I don't watch Lifetime or Oprah channel, so they could be doing something there.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
If a lack of commercials were the problem, then the 5th gen wouldn't have sold well. Because GM didn't advertise that either.

Likewise, I don't see any commercials for either the Mustang or Challenger ... yet they're doing better than the Camaro. So there is nothing to support the idea that commercials = success for pony cars right now.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #26
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If a lack of commercials were the problem, then the 5th gen wouldn't have sold well. Because GM didn't advertise that either.

Likewise, I don't see any commercials for either the Mustang or Challenger ... yet they're doing better than the Camaro. So there is nothing to support the idea that commercials = success for pony cars right now.
5th gen had Bumblebee.

I see a ton of performance based Dodge commercials featuring the Charger/Challenger and the SRT brand.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #27
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
GM is not selling the Camaro because they didn't change the bunker feel and made it a bit smaller than the 5th gen, the Challenger may be a bigger platform but it is still selling better every year. More people are interested in a larger car that can haul the family with a back seat and trunk that can be used when needed.
It may have done a bit better if GM didn't treat it like a red headed step child but it is more a nitch vehicle now with the direction GM has taken, the Camaro and the Mustang have lost ground to a 10 year old platform, that must say something about what the current car buyers are looking for in their cars. Bigger cars or bigger engines or something close to that, I have many that tell me when I am out with my Challenger that Dodge has stayed true to their vision and that GM has lost sight of theirs.
GM lost my interest when they cut the Mid size cars that I always owned and then turned the IROC into a Large Geo Storm with the 4th Gen.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #28
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Maybe Canadians don't get the Dodge Challenger / Charger ads up there...they play quite frequently here. I don't see Mustang ads though.