Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-08-2018, 08:25 AM   #15
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
This part is just for people with money to burn, useless “upgrade.”
I guess that is one way to describe a cosmetic mod. I have a few "useless" upgrades on my car to dress up the engine bay and the exterior to make mine look a little better and unique (in my eyes of course which is the only opinion that counts).

If people want to cover up their coolant expansion tank - good for them. The part is a bit pricey but it definitely makes the coolant tank look better. I might ask for one for Christmas. My wife and sons are always asking what I want - this might be one idea.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #16
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I personally don’t see it as a mod. I know when i first looked under the hood and saw the pink in the tank, I was like ‘what the hell is that?’ I’ve never like the appearance and wonder what I could do to enhance the appearance of it but the complete removal requiring fluid drain was not worth it and on top of that, a $399 to $480 plus tank from Granatelli Racing and the other I can’t recall but Lethal did a install vid on it. This by Roto-Fob is a viable option for those who want to have a better look. Don’t get the bashing and trashing of it. As I told Nick Ayers when he asked me to join the campaign traveling with him and Pence in 2016 and I declined and he wanted a reason why? My response was “If you can’t say something good, (just be decent) just don’t say nothing at all.” He said these words as I started saying them and followed up with “I can respect that.”
Root-Fab is just providing something that many have complained about and less than the two existing offerings that have been out there. Not replacing what we have but dressing it up but to each his/her own.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #17
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
if you dont like the color of your coolant tank, paint it. leave a window gauge line somewhere so you can still see the level when you need to and spend a total of about 5 bucks (if you already didn't have the paint).

I know rotofab isn't in the market of making the things that the V6 aftermarket actually needs, like drop-in A8 LSD that doesn't require changing the gear ratio or rear pumpkin and axles, or other big hardware pieces but maybe we could see some useful love in the interior plastics. Upgraded button clusters on the door that dont rattle/vibrate.. replacing all the interior plastic with better panels (higher quality plasics or composits) Bonus, most of that work could be sold for any of the trims.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #18
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Finally got my installed today. It was COLD and it takes some effort to get it on , at least in my case as not to mess up my paint work. Didn’t want to get back in the basement to do it over again.

For me, this is what I want to see when I open the hood. Painting the existing tank is not an option, and it’s time consuming.

This is a much nicer presentation for shows that I do, though judges in Ypsilanti, MI for Camaro Superfest will surely deduct points on this as they did my OEM headliner, glass, and other things Chevy put on the car that the judges didn’t approve of....

Thanks ROTO-FAB for a nice product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk