Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #29
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Take the car to a Dyno and see what it puts down. That should give you an indication of what you have.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #30
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakins View Post
To be Frank, you (and everyone) should be logging data at track events; and I'm talking serious, every piece you can read data logging in real time. If you had been logging during the road course event and felt the issue you could immediately pull in and run a playback. It would have answeed all your questions right there.

If it were one of my engines, it would be headed to a dyno or to a track (whichever is easier) to log data and see just what is going on if my street logs were not showing anything. I'd love to see your ignition data before and after.
Good suggestion. What datalogging software are you using?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #31
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Tune: I can only assume GM paired the GMPP Air Intake setup with an associated tune. I've noted the car does not drive like a modern car would, IMO. Low rpm throttle response is jerky, etc. But maybe that is the way it is.

Logging: I'd prefer not to datalog all the time. I expected to buy a solid new car that unless you upgrade it, requires none of that. Apparently, it was my turn in the barrel for a discrepancy to accompany the car note!

Check Engine Light: did not illuminate. Unsure if a code is stored...may swing by Autozone.

Dyno: scheduled for Monday morning. Mustang AWD setup. Of course, I don't know what numbers to expect on that layout...

OEM Air Box: I may have a lead on one to do a comparison. May try to get Chevy to reprogram to a non-GMPP intake tune...

Crazy all this on a new car. But it will get faster!

Appreciate all the input.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #32
Whocares05050

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
did that throw a code?
yeah p0420 but not right away
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #33
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
yeah p0420 but not right away
I think that's cat efficiency bank 1.
You could have a bad cat converter like the one guy mentioned.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #34
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
My comment about your gear shifting was a joke , the 106 mph is to me the tell tale sign of your car having something wrong that’s keeping it from performing like it should.
As an example my 4th gen will always trap around 111mph, if I get a a good launch , 12.5 et, but if i spin off the line, I’ve gone 13.0, but the trap speed stays pretty consistent.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #35
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Have you done a compression check?
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #36
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Appreciate all the comments...ok most of them. :-)

I will not claim to be an expert drag racer, but I've got more than a couple of hundred passes all in stickshifts from street tires to 11.40's on itty bitty drag radials. I'm happy with a 2.0x 60 foot...not interested in abusing for that last bit on street tires.

This car has an issue. Month ago I ran it at Palm Beach road track event and it lost power after about 10 minutes to the point engine misses and loss of ~30 mph on the front straight until the Check Engine Light illuminated. Drove 3 hours home with no issue (at light throttle of course).

The thread:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539024

My comment on the dealer stating bad gas was on a visit immediately following that road course. They did indeed detect random misfires on all cylinders. A possibility was bad gas so they did not elect to change any parts, etc. I had no recourse at the time. There are other possibilities...

I've felt misfires on the street however slight or at extreme accels (3rd WOT and 5000+ rpm). It is not consistent. Tough for me to make it to the dealer to show the situation.

Time slips:

Yes it was Bradenton...the air wasn't perfect, but should not impact performance to that degree - 1400 feet is not terrible!

I've noticed flat spots in the rev range...go WOT at 2000 rpm and it will hit flat spots as it revs...again not consistent.

The car does have a GMPP air box (was factory installed). I'm not confident it is beneficial...noting the MAF sensitivities. I'm attempting to buy an OEM air intake setup to compare.

Lastly, the no lift shift feature doesn't seem to really work on this car, IMO. I can tell it works some of the time, but others, it feels like a full on power shift - not something I care to perform on my new $47K car! The quickest run that night certainly felt like full on powershifts. I will pull the PDR video when able.

Unsure if all connected.

I bought this particular car because it had 8 miles on it - broke it in as per the manual, etc.

I may put it on the dyno for more data...at least for a baseline.

Dave - thanks for the comment / offer. I'm not one to shoe another's auto - we can line up side-by-side though and give it a go?!
I say dyno it. I have the CAI intake (same as the gm unit) and i made 424 Horse and 430TQ to the wheels. granted every dyno is different but I run door to door with a buddy with the same power on a different dyno in a modded 5th gen. The dyno should give you a better idea. Also have them map out your air fuel. Couldnt hurt.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:44 PM   #37
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I'm surprised that its misfired to the point of pretty consistently feeling it yet no CEL.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #38
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
I've been 12.3 a couple of times. For those saying a 1LE isn't a drag car, I won the stock SS class at Camaro Fest this year and came in 2nd place the previous year. This car can do it all.

Name:  Resized_20180714_104519_9411.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  87.6 KB
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #39
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
I've been 12.3 a couple of times. For those saying a 1LE isn't a drag car, I won the stock SS class at Camaro Fest this year and came in 2nd place the previous year. This car can do it all.

Attachment 964173
Great pass! Was that on the stock F1s?
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #40
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
Great pass! Was that on the stock F1s?
Yes
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:34 AM   #41
RobbyBeefcake87

Cai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Appreciate all the comments...ok most of them. :-)

I will not claim to be an expert drag racer, but I've got more than a couple of hundred passes all in stickshifts from street tires to 11.40's on itty bitty drag radials. I'm happy with a 2.0x 60 foot...not interested in abusing for that last bit on street tires.

This car has an issue. Month ago I ran it at Palm Beach road track event and it lost power after about 10 minutes to the point engine misses and loss of ~30 mph on the front straight until the Check Engine Light illuminated. Drove 3 hours home with no issue (at light throttle of course).

The thread:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539024

My comment on the dealer stating bad gas was on a visit immediately following that road course. They did indeed detect random misfires on all cylinders. A possibility was bad gas so they did not elect to change any parts, etc. I had no recourse at the time. There are other possibilities...

I've felt misfires on the street however slight or at extreme accels (3rd WOT and 5000+ rpm). It is not consistent. Tough for me to make it to the dealer to show the situation.

Time slips:

Yes it was Bradenton...the air wasn't perfect, but should not impact performance to that degree - 1400 feet is not terrible!

I've noticed flat spots in the rev range...go WOT at 2000 rpm and it will hit flat spots as it revs...again not consistent.

The car does have a GMPP air box (was factory installed). I'm not confident it is beneficial...noting the MAF sensitivities. I'm attempting to buy an OEM air intake setup to compare.

Lastly, the no lift shift feature doesn't seem to really work on this car, IMO. I can tell it works some of the time, but others, it feels like a full on power shift - not something I care to perform on my new $47K car! The quickest run that night certainly felt like full on powershifts. I will pull the PDR video when able.

Unsure if all connected.

I bought this particular car because it had 8 miles on it - broke it in as per the manual, etc.

I may put it on the dyno for more data...at least for a baseline.

Dave - thanks for the comment / offer. I'm not one to shoe another's auto - we can line up side-by-side though and give it a go?!
I could be wrong but looking at your air box picture it makes me wonder if the MAF is aligned properly. It doesn't seem to be at all but it could be the angle of the photo. Whoever installed it should have lined up the mark's properly. Not saying that's why you're down so much hp but it can't help lol. If they didnt get the install right who's to say they even did the calibration correctly.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #42
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Wow.
So much got lost in this thread.