Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #15
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
Hi @JCunningham,
Where do you plug them? I have a few questions. I figuered it out how to delete the sound tube and how to plug the fire wall. Unfortunately elite did not send any plugs.�� I don't understand which hose goes where to the can and I have only 1 valve. And what did you use for the air intake?
sorry still havent got back to you.
the plugs go in the intake tube. they replace the sound tube and pvc chamber.
the line coming from the valley cover goes to the middle inlet of the catch can. the outlet on the catch can goes to the line with a 1 way valve behind the throttle body. the 2rd outlet on the catch can goes to the intake tube with a 1 way valve.
Attached Images

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:07 PM   #16
JCunningham

If anyone wants a black set made up for them i can have made 2 or 3 with the delrin I have left. Ill have to find out a price. It my sisters boyfriend that made mine. Ill have to see what he want for them.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 08-18-2017, 06:49 AM   #17
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Hey JCunningham,

I have only 2 Exits on my can. I want to keep the sound tube if possible.
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...hzdvcy_jpg.htm

Do I have to remove the PVC Chamber?
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4...u4w8ns_jpg.htm
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #18
JCunningham

to keep the sound tube you have to drill a hole in the intake tube and push the hose barb that comes with the can in it.
the pvc chamber only has to be messed with if you are are adding a clean side catch can.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #19
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Hey JCunningham,
Please excuse my ignorance.

I finally installed the can.

As you can see I have only the single one. I connected the upper one with the one way valve to the exit of the can and the lower to the center of the can. I have also the clean side catch can. If I connect the clean side can with the pvc chamber I can keep the sound tube?
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #20
JCunningham

yes you only need to tap into the intake tube by the throttle body on the dual output cans
Old 08-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #21
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Cunnigham is a great asset!

#62197 from www.USplastics.com has a fitting that will fit right into the opening that he made the Delrin plugs/adapters for, or we can machine some fittings if needed.

Will still need to go down to 3/8" from there to the can outlet. or do -8 on the one outer fitting, but cheap good solution for the V8 guys, and the short L with single slot bracket will mount right to the one bolt under the TB on the engine for a clean install.

This shows the medium L with 32 slots, but short L with one slot looks the best.

Attached Images

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #22
jasonct

Drives: Camaro SS Nightfall Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I finally got to install my Elite E2 dual port catch can.
Next you connect the 2nd exit port with 1 way valve to the air bridge (intake tube) as close the the throttle body as you can. I just happened to find a piece from a https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Haus.../dp/B0000CBJ9O Its the filter on the bottom that holds the air chuck. The 3/8" vacuum nipple that come with the 6th gen Elite kit screws right into it and it fits perfectly in the spot that the sound tube was mounted. You can also buy a 1" plug and thread it for the vacuum nipple.
JCunningham,

Nice write up!

When I go to the Amazon link, it takes me only to the sander and I don't see the piece for the air chuck. Any hints on where to go?
jasonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:10 PM   #23
zryan

Drives: 1973 z28 Rs, 2018 SS 1LE
Any better pictures of where the two valves not the one going to the intake end up
Old 12-02-2017, 11:23 PM   #24
JCunningham

just took these. I couldn't find the part either. I had a friend make some plugs out of black Delrin. I gave Elite the blueprints to make them. Id call and ask for Steve
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #25
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
just took these. I couldn't find the part either. I had a friend make some plugs out of black Delrin. I gave Elite the blueprints to make them. Id call and ask for Steve
What size spring hose clamps did you use for the 3/8 inch inner diameter hose?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #26
JCunningham

i took the hose into the part store and found what fit
Old 12-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #27
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
i took the hose into the part store and found what fit
Gotchya. Only reason i ask is i bought a 20 pack of 5/8. Didnt fit once they were plugged up. Kinda maxed out.

Then yesterday i bought 11/16 and 3/4 from a local store.

11/16 works, and the 3/4 works but the 3/4 is able to slide over the hose when its just the hose.

Mainly didnt know how tight they should fit. Figured id see what someone else was running on the e2-x setup

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #28
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thanks for the write up. It was a little confusing at first, especially if the reader is not intimately familiar with the set up to begin with. I have an E2-X, I think I have it figured out for the most part. The lower barb coming out of the crank case (drivers side) connects with the center catch can fitting. The upper barb connects with one of the outside connections on the catch can, with a check valve pointed away from the catch can. The third connection of the catch can goes in the opening in the air bridge left by the removed sound hose.

Question I have, is there a simple way to connect the hose to this opening. Elite Engineering suggested that they now include a fitting in one of their posts. I just received my E2-X kit, and I will have to check it when I get home.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote