Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #15
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpider View Post
Minimum? 1080P 60fps. No green and purple hues plaguing the shadows and brightly illuminated areas and out of the box support for larger than 32gb cards... basically better video quality than a 5+ year old $80 throw away dash cam would be a start
I have a 64GB in mine. As far as I know, you can use any size as long as you format it to FAT32.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:19 PM   #16
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I always get a chuckle over PDR.

Majority of people on this forum "absolutely buy PDR, it's the second coming for the 1LE."

The reality - PDR has great data logging which 90% will never use, potato quality camera, and god awful sound.

Change my mind.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:08 PM   #17
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post

Majority of people on this forum "absolutely buy PDR, it's the second coming for the 1LE."

The reality - PDR has great data logging which 90% will never use, potato quality camera, and god awful sound.

Change my mind.
You’re not wrong at all haha I just love the fact that it’s integrated into the car already, it’s EXTREMELY useful in an Autocross setting since I can watch my previous runs immediately after. As for the data I may not fully utilize all of it but it is very useful and I utilize as best I can!
Old 01-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #18
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I have an old GoPro 4 that does much better video and audio. It's amazing what the video looks like when you compare the 2. I think GM spent about $5 on the camera chip. Those of us who track the car know the main point of the PDR is for the data you can get using Cosworth Toolbox.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:15 PM   #19
DeadSpider

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
I have a 64GB in mine. As far as I know, you can use any size as long as you format it to FAT32.
*nods* I had 64gb as well when I was testing it out. Had to track down how to format the larger sized drive in fat32 instead of the default exFat and or ntfs, which many people have no idea what all that nonsense is. That's why I stated it should have out the box support for larger than 32gb.
DeadSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:13 PM   #20
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
We need a wifi app to control gopro / garmin camera from the main screen.

Too much to ask ?

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:07 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
I've got a 128 in mine. Still have videos saved from my last car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
I have an old GoPro 4 that does much better video and audio. It's amazing what the video looks like when you compare the 2. I think GM spent about $5 on the camera chip. Those of us who track the car know the main point of the PDR is for the data you can get using Cosworth Toolbox.
True, except for the sorry GoPro batteries and the fact you can review your runs on the car screen with little to no effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
We need a wifi app to control gopro / garmin camera from the main screen.

Too much to ask ?
Now this is what MyLink or Infotainment should have on all GM vehicles, not just Camaro.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #22
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:

Change my mind.
I would think most people who actually race their car take advantage of the PDR. Take a gander at the track day thread. Lots of folks posting PDR video. Even if they don't use the full data logging capability, they probably review the videos and use it to improve their driving. I know I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
You’re not wrong at all haha I just love the fact that it’s integrated into the car already, it’s EXTREMELY useful in an Autocross setting since I can watch my previous runs immediately after. As for the data I may not fully utilize all of it but it is very useful and I utilize as best I can!
This! I've gotten much better at autocross by watching PDR videos in between runs. I never used to do that with my GoPro because the tiny screen is useless.

I would love a camera upgrade for PDR so we can get better quality video.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #23
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:

Change my mind.
You aren't wrong except maybe how many people actually use the data.

The video is crap but at least I don't need to bother keeping my gopro batteries charged. It works as a dash cam also so that's another thing not to install.

But it's value is definitely in the data. I review data of basically every lap I do and have used it to show others driving my car where to improve, etc. I have a Solo2 also which I could also get the data from, but having it all combined in the car is a nice Team Lazy touch.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #24
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
Can they just upgrade the thing to show me my lap times on the HUD?
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #25
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
PDR is great for my use as dash cam or looking back to remember my best launch rpms when I'm at the drag strip.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:21 AM   #26
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Damn, my ice cream is too cold...

Last edited by Chris C 1SS 1LE; 01-23-2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
Chris C 1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote