#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #29
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Fake or plugged vents are pretty common actually. The Challenger R/T had plugged vents which could be made functional with the SRT8 vent ducting. The 5th Gen SS had the mail slot fake vent up until 2014.

Fake vents or not, it'll sell well.
I'm not sure it will since it's expensive and already feels old and dated. 4th Gen Supra wasn't a sales stunner either recording 12,059 sales from 93-98 in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
1M is sweet as well. Just like the improvements from there to the 2M. Likely won't own either, unless I suddenly get scared of the big HP GM cars
Same here! Lol there's just something about that V8 rumble
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #30
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
I'm not sure it will since it's expensive and already feels old and dated. 4th Gen Supra wasn't a sales stunner either recording 12,059 sales from 93-98 in the USA.

Same here! Lol there's just something about that V8 rumble
It'll sell well for the same reason that the Camaro sold super well when it first returned.

Myth+Long term lack of supply=Irrational buying

It'll sell very well outside the US for sure.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #31
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
It'll sell well for the same reason that the Camaro sold super well when it first returned.

Except that for every current or former Supra owner, there are dozens of people who had previously bought a Camaro. Thats a much smaller pool of buyers to pick from.

Now, if your definition of 'selling well' means doing three or four thousand a year ... it could do well. But generally, big automakers like Toyota would consider a figure 10x that to still be a low volume product.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
plus the fact that the Camaro was a 400hp v8 in 2009/2010 for 35-40k
Old 01-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #33
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

Except the 5th gen was a substantial improvement over the 4th gen.

I would guess it'll sell well in the first year to those die-hard gotta have the newest thing on the block guys. Then sales will tank.

Even Supra fans hate it. There's literally a thread over at Supra Forums discussing other cars they'd rather buy.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #34
xc_SS/RS

Quote:

I bet the Z4 will sell better. It's got 50 more horsepower too.

There's not much myth to the Supra. People like the old ones because of wanting one while they couldn't afford it and the Fast n Furious movies. They want that one, not a car from BMW with different styling and a Toyota badge.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
Old 01-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #35
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
4th Gen Supra wasn't a sales stunner either recording 12,059 sales from 93-98 in the USA.
Supra also cost double what a Camaro did back then. A Supra has spent its' last 30 years priced and compared to the Corvette. The Celica was the power-to-weight & price competitor to the Camaro until the 90's when it went FWD/AWD in 1990 to better fit the Asian tuner craze that was growing worldwide.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #36
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Supra also cost double what a Camaro did back then. A Supra has spent its' last 30 years priced and compared to the Corvette. The Celica was the power-to-weight & price competitor to the Camaro until the 90's when it went FWD/AWD in 1990 to better fit the Asian tuner craze that was growing worldwide.
I still don't see the new one selling well. There are a lot of other cars with higher performance for the same price. I'm not sure people will want to pay $50k for a Z4 in drag. At least not for very long.

BMW sold 18k Z4 models over the last 8 years.

I think the Celica went AWD because it was being used in the World Rally Championship. Not because of JDM fanbois in the 90's. I could be wrong though.