Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #99
soldes

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
I don't understand the "(and no dealer in the country any more)" portion of your comment.
Well I live in Belgium, the one and only dealer of Corvette/Camaro/Cadillac is closing it's doors. No word from Chevrolet where all the customers need to go for maintenance & warranty issues … Always a case number but never a answer or feedback.
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:51 AM   #100
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Now that's sucks. How soon before they close? It may go either way. If GM has someone else handle there warranty they may try to go above and beyond to help to try to get new customers that are now coming to there location, or you may get the not my problem.
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #101
Breadzell

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korosion View Post
I have only had the flush.
You should definitely call the law firm. It took me all of 10 minutes to send them the things that they needed. Basically from what they told me is that any work that goes on with the Transmission gets logged into the Carfax for your car and is considered to be a major repair thus driving down the value of your car. They’ve been promising a fix for quite some time and promising that a fluid change or TC change will fix the problem but they’re not permanent fixes. From what I understand is that it effects Camaros, cortvettes and silverados .
Breadzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #102
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5wannabe View Post
... But I have owned GM products for many years - Saturns, Chevy Cobalt,Cruze, are the most recent examples. In general, all of them had issues that were unforgivable in the modern era. ..
Since 1983 my wife and I have purchased 12 new Chevrolets and have put over 1.4 million miles on them. In all that time, we have only had two of what I would call major repairs for parts - a water pump in an 89 Caprice and a fuel pump in an 00 Silverado. Both vehicles had high mileage at the time.

We're either the luckiest people in the driving universe or some of youse are not. Just sayin'...
Old 12-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #103
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
I'm so glad I sold my A8 2016 2SS at the first sign of the transmission issues. Good luck to all in the CALS.
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:13 AM   #104
show7ime

Drives: 2017 1SS Summit White
2017 Camaro SS... haven’t noticed any issues with mine.... * Bought brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
show7ime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:42 PM   #105
CamaroChk

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
Lemon Claim filed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
Can someone explain to me that if you've had your car in for service 3 or more times for the same issue ,why haven't you used the Lemon Law in your state? Baffles me!
I have/am currently in the middle of a lemon law claim for my 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS. So sad.

The dealer had the car at the beginning of Dec for the 10 day final service to see if they could get it running right, which it did for 2 days, then had the torque converter issue.

Currently GM are refusing to fix it until this new fluid comes out and my car is not drive-able. The dealer (not the dealer I bought it off by the way who refused to do any more servicing on the car after it hit the 20 day 'in the shop' limit, which pissed me off to no end), but another dealer I previously leased a 2015 v6 Camaro off, has been wonderful and they are going to check the TC for damage so they can show GM and replace it.

No idea if this will fix the issue. Here's hoping.

My poor thing has had these issues (in order):

1. License plate light fell out 2 days after buying it
2. Roof lining coming apart from door jam (reglued)
3. Diff groan (flushed)
4. A/C leak onto accelerator pedal (resealed)
4. REAR camera doesn't turn off after switching from R to D. (installed update)
5. Hood sensor broke. (that was annoying) (replaced sensor)
6. Main display not showing fan control or phone call info (replaced HMI module & Radio tuner)
7. Bluetooth not disconnecting phone calls even when Im standing outside the locked car. The phone call was still going on in the car (that was fun!) (replaced HMI module & Radio tuner)
8. Torque converter issue (current) (no ETA)

These were from improperly re-installed dash after a/c leak fix:
4a. Glove compartment slams open
4b. HVAC system flaps very noisy and would be a noticeable THUMP when you changed from feet to anything else.
4c. HUD display dropping after a bumpy road
4d. HUD display only showing 2 of the 4 rotations of info under the MPH.
(For this they had to replace part of the dash as parts under the main dash had warped from being installed incorrectly. Reinstalling the dash and replacing the warped part fixed most of these issues except 4d, which 6 and 7 helped fix)

ALSO:
I have been locked in and also been unable to lock the car at times (I have video of this but the dealer cant replicate and doesnt know why it happened). This locked my 6 yr old daughter in the car briefly for 15 mins. Both happened after going through car washes at the dealer.

So yeah DAMN RIGHT I have a lemon claim in. For now I have a car I'm paying off that I cant drive, and no other car so yay. Thanks GM. We had planned on purchasing my kids leased cars which are Chevys, but we will not now. Especially from the dealer who refused to work on my car.

I am disappointed in this car. I had my 2015 1LT Camaro for 2 years and not a single issue. This one......just just....sigh..
CamaroChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:41 PM   #106
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
My 2LT shudders some right around 1400 rpm, no matter what gear it's in. Once i go above or below the 1400 range, fine. Does this sound like the A8 issue?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #107
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
I called them and I recommend you do as well!
Old 01-02-2019, 12:44 PM   #108
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
I called them and I recommend you do as well!
I guess I called the wrong place. the place I called had no idea what I was talking about, kept forwarding me to different people that also had no idea. Finally got someone that said they'd call me back. a week ago...
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #109
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
My 2016 SS A8 has about 20K and the shudder getting worse. It started at about 18K. Planning on taking it in for the initial flush.

Called the law firm to inquire.

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT

Last edited by Vyncynt; 01-03-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #110
PatR

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
No problems here

Oh man, just stumbled across this thread though my Seattle based 2017 2SS A8 with magnetic ride suspension and 15k miles isn't having anything like described here. But, I always keep mine in Sport mode. I quickly noticed odd transmission behavior in Tour mode though even taking a test drive before I purchased it. Things like slipping trying to engage a gear when driving slowly particularly when cold and going up a hill. Also in Tour mode if I punched it I could literally do a two count before it would respond. It always worked much better in Sport mode so I just leave it there and it's also set to Sport mode in the MyLink. I tried reading all these posts on my phone but didn't really notice anybody mentioning their configuration. Now that I'm aware of the possibility I'll be keeping an eye out for any indications of it.

Last edited by PatR; 01-13-2019 at 09:25 PM.
PatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:31 PM   #111
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
Got the flush

Today, the dealer applied the transmission and differential flush on my 2016 SS using the new fluid.

What's crazy is I had my battery replaced twice in the last year because it either would not start or barely was able to start. Today, they said it failed again. They are going to perform some extended testing of the electronic components to try and track down the cause.

I did talk with someone at the law firm. They asked me to submit the service documentation for review.

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #112
kusirou

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverton View Post
I'm so glad I sold my A8 2016 2SS at the first sign of the transmission issues. Good luck to all in the CALS.
Same here... My car was shifting hard and doing weird things before anything was ever said about the TC and transmission flushes... A shame cause I liked the car otherwise. =/
kusirou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, shudder, torque converter, transmission