Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-07-2019, 08:25 PM   #127
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
No one is more relieved than I to resolve the issue. Overseas move is challenging enough.

Car pulls nicely on the on-ramps...sounds great too.

Chet: PM me if you want the dealer name.

Chris: I believe that is the GE port. Will be dropping it off at Jacksonville. Last time I did this, the car seemed lost in a sea of Mercedes/BMW/Land Rovers...thought I would never see the Mini again. It all worked out - of course with 38 HP...not much concern any hamfisted dock hand would do any damage.

Boost: Thanks for your support - a 13 second quarter mile was embarrassing!
Fortunately, I've got ~250 miles on the ring from previous tours/visits:

Tango: I've dreaded leaving FL, the least I could do is have a fun car in GE...do expect to repeat prior experiences. The stock STI would do 153 on the limiter for miles...

Not sure what they are going to say about the lack of snow tires or how the tires stick out past the fenders (slightly)...I've also noted the fronts have a tread that is less than the 1.6 mm they require. I have ordered another set of Goodyears, but won't arrive in time to be mounted. Germans usually don't mess around on the inspections. I had a lead on a set of standard SS wheels with more generic tires...but had to pass since the Lemon decision timing.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:50 PM   #128
Red Hot ZL1

Drives: 2014 Red Hot ZL1 Vert. M6.
Thumbs up

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out.

Told you that you should have got the ZL1 1LE!

Have fun and stay in touch.
Red Hot ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #129
Tim M

Red Hot ZL1: If this one was to become a Lemon...I would have treated myself to the upgraded model after all the challenges! If you find yourself in the area - promise a ride on the autobahn and ring lap!
Old 01-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #130
Tim M

To close out this thread:

1-unsuccessful track day, 2-trips to the drags, 4-trips to the dyno with 18 dyno runs, 5 dealer visits, 26 days out of service, and 1 Defect Notice (Lemon notification) to Chevrolet resulted in a car that I should have had from day one.

Lessons learned - document everything. After the third unsuccessful repair - fire off the Defect Notice to Chevrolet Corporate (as per FL Law)...this will get the attention the purchaser deserves. Due to my timelines to ship, I was following the law to a 'T' which included a trip to USAF Legal, a dozen phone calls to the Florida Attorney General's Lemon Law office, and lining up my own attorney to educate myself. All were extremely helpful especially after corporate Chevrolet was attempting to lead me astray on two occasions. I also made sure the dealership was fully informed of my predicament to include the management.

In the end, car appears to be healthy, Chevrolet provided 'some' goodwill reimbursement toward the issue which no way covered the impacts (financial or otherwise) this relatively simple repair (reflash the ECU) caused. Admittedly, they likely could have left me high and dry, but didn't - so thankful for that.

I've started another thread to document the Germany experience of the car...might be interesting to some...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...5#post10408775