Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 01-21-2018, 12:31 PM   #183
Tyro

Drives: 2017 V6 1LE - Krypton Green
I have a question about tuning the Overkill unit. I am seriously considering getting one before spring comes. However does the tuning process require driving the car at any speed or distance on the road? We're still pretty buried in snow up here and the car isn't going to be out and about anytime soon.

Thanks.
Tyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:02 PM   #184
Sixgunsled

Drives: 2017 camaro SS 1LE
I just installed Overkill's kit on a buddy's V6 cadillac CTS 3.0L and it was pretty impressed from driving the car before and after. The acceleration was definitely way better than stock for sure.
15" conversion
Port injection

22K+ followers on Instagram @Sixgunsled
6.4K subscribers YouTube: Sixgunsled
Sixgunsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #185
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
I have a question about tuning the Overkill unit. I am seriously considering getting one before spring comes. However does the tuning process require driving the car at any speed or distance on the road? We're still pretty buried in snow up here and the car isn't going to be out and about anytime soon.

Thanks.
I can't say for sure, but from my limited knowledge of how remote tuning works, you would need to drive your vehicle around, and log as much information as possible. Basically you would get the best benefit from each tune if you had logs of as wide a range of throttle position, load, and RPM, as possible, before sending it in for a re-tune. The stock tune should be fine to drive around on, until you have the time to log whatever is needed for Will to make any needed adjustments.

If you don't get the answers you are looking for here, I've had great luck with messaging Tracy Lewis on facebook. He's frequently responded to questions within hours, if not minutes, and has been very helpful.
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote