Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-14-2020, 09:29 PM   #1
PeteSS2018

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
Fuel System Upgrade

I'm hoping one of the members here can advise on a few questions about upgrading my LT1 (supercharged) fuel system:

1. Is it best to just get high & low side pumps, injectors and any required fuel lines in one go?

2. Best place to buy these as a package/kit with all parts? (I'm in Australia and they're just not really available here)

3. Any particular issues that I need to think of to have LT4 system with whipple SC to avoid problems/future issues?

Thanks all
Eibach Prokit springs
Mamo LT1 Ported TB
PeteSS2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:53 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSS2018 View Post
I'm hoping one of the members here can advise on a few questions about upgrading my LT1 (supercharged) fuel system:

1. Is it best to just get high & low side pumps, injectors and any required fuel lines in one go?

2. Best place to buy these as a package/kit with all parts? (I'm in Australia and they're just not really available here)

3. Any particular issues that I need to think of to have LT4 system with whipple SC to avoid problems/future issues?

Thanks all
1. Yes. Don’t forget the high pressure lines as they typically get replaced (not reused). And get a JMS voltage booster for the low side pump.

2. I ended up shopping around to get everything but DSX or Wildhammer might have it all.

3. Your tune needs to be adjusted to work with the LT4 fueling.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:55 PM   #3
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Long Distance Fuel System Purchase

Quote:

Thanks all
Being that you are in Australia I would consider dealing with someone like Jannetty Racing.

https://jannettyracing.com/

He provides a tremendous amount of advice on the forum but if you look at his work on facebook, he provides extensive tuning and dyno testing. If you read his fueling recommendations, it is clear that he has experience with the entire system and understands the limitations and ramifications of the fuel system at your level of modification. He can also remote tune. Give him a call and I think it would be money well spent.

By the way, I think it is totally cool that you are doing all that from Australia.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:43 AM   #4
Herold Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS
We typically do LT4 pump/injectors first

Then cam

Then auxiliary system

Then in tank pump.

And if they still want more, port injection system at the end.

There’s also methanol.
Herold Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:30 AM   #5
PeteSS2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
Being that you are in Australia I would consider dealing with someone like Jannetty Racing.

He provides a tremendous amount of advice on the forum but if you look at his work on facebook, he provides extensive tuning and dyno testing. If you read his fueling recommendations, it is clear that he has experience with the entire system and understands the limitations and ramifications of the fuel system at your level of modification. He can also remote tune. Give him a call and I think it would be money well spent.

By the way, I think it is totally cool that you are doing all that from Australia.
Cheers mate yes, I've been look at JRE's website and they seem to have the goods. Actually looking to probably get a 95mm TB and HPTuner and get them to send the hardware and then do the tune for me. Your advice is appreciated.
Eibach Prokit springs
Mamo LT1 Ported TB
Old 12-15-2020, 09:04 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post

Thank you for your recommendation, much appreciated.

Quote:
Cheers mate yes, I've been look at JRE's website and they seem to have the goods. Actually looking to probably get a 95mm TB and HPTuner and get them to send the hardware and then do the tune for me. Your advice is appreciated.
Hello Peter, and welcome,

I received your email and responded any questions please post them here for all to share.

This is the fuel system you will need.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...2018-camaro-ss
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:54 PM   #7
PeteSS2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you for your recommendation, much appreciated.

Hello Peter, and welcome,

I received your email and responded any questions please post them here for all to share.

This is the fuel system you will need.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...2018-camaro-ss
Yes, thankyou Ted, received your email also so thanks. It looks like that is what I need, I appreciate the advice. Now to find a suitable workshop over here that can do the install. This will be my next 'project' for 2021.
Eibach Prokit springs
Mamo LT1 Ported TB
Old 12-15-2020, 03:24 PM   #8
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
FIRST check with Whipple (maybe give serial number?) whether yours will clear an LT4 high pressure pump. I knew someone that bought one of the early Whipples for the LT1-powered Camaro back in early 2017 and theirs would not clear.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:20 AM   #9
PeteSS2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
FIRST check with Whipple (maybe give serial number?) whether yours will clear an LT4 high pressure pump. I knew someone that bought one of the early Whipples for the LT1-powered Camaro back in early 2017 and theirs would not clear.
I

Ah yes, good tip, thanks. I seem to remember hearing this mentioned once before, so thanks for reminding me! I'll contact Whipple, cheers
Eibach Prokit springs
Mamo LT1 Ported TB
Old 12-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #10
Brianw36
SNSTRSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Not trying to hijack this post. I was wondering if you have an lt4 in-tank pump along with the lt1 high side with a 38% cam fuel lobe, can adding lt4 injectors help? I've heard lt4 high side pump doesn't like 38% fuel lobe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:56 PM   #11
Lmndaid

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herold Motorsports View Post
We typically do LT4 pump/injectors first

Then cam

Then auxiliary system

Then in tank pump.

And if they still want more, port injection system at the end.

There’s also methanol.
Why not do port injection from the get go? I know this is an old post but going around in circles as to what to do here. My goal would be 800-900 whp.
Lmndaid is offline   Reply With Quote