Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #1
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
So stoked, going F1A-94

Thanks to Joel for buying my blower set up to slap on his 2SS. Congrats, you gonna move out now. We'll need to line up once you get everything tuned.

Now I get to go with the F1A-94. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Sorian has ordered the race kit, whatever that means.

I'll post up numbers once build is done. Should take a month.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Awesome! You made the right choice. You'll be a terror on the streets now. You should be in the 1000-1100 RWHP range on blower/medium boost. Perhaps more, not sure. Much better than just spraying for power. Excited to see how the A10/Rear end handles all of that, it should handle it just fine but not many have done it yet.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Awesome! You made the right choice. You'll be a terror on the streets now. You should be in the 1000-1100 RWHP range on blower/medium boost. Perhaps more, not sure. Much better than just spraying for power. Excited to see how the A10/Rear end handles all of that, it should handle it just fine but not many have done it yet.

Dude, after going back and forth. Sell, don't sell. Whipple, Nitrous. Whipple, Nitrous. I got a buyer on my whole set up which allowed me to go all out.

I'm thinking, Houston in July. 900+ for sure to the wheels. I will be running prob 3 meth nozzles as well to keep it down. This cures my heat problems. But, once temps drop down around Oct, for sure over 1000 hp, but I'm going to have to start watching stock parts cus internals are somewhat built, but not all the way to hold 1200. Other than what we upgraded when we did the cam, we did some head work, but that's it. Not sure what fueling issues I'll run into at that power level, but we'll address it at that time.

According to my order sheet, we are going ATI balancer upgrade and 8.25 lower upgrade. Not sure what boost level that puts it at. We are going black finish on everything. Not sure the difference between the street and race setup, but we are going with the race set up. Not sure there is that much difference between the two, but price wise, it wasn't that much, so I decided to just go that route.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Dude, after going back and forth. Sell, don't sell. Whipple, Nitrous. Whipple, Nitrous. I got a buyer on my whole set up which allowed me to go all out.

I'm thinking, Houston in July. 900+ for sure to the wheels. I will be running prob 3 meth nozzles as well to keep it down. This cures my heat problems. But, once temps drop down around Oct, for sure over 1000 hp, but I'm going to have to start watching stock parts cus internals are somewhat built, but not all the way to hold 1200. Other than what we upgraded when we did the cam, we did some head work, but that's it. Not sure what fueling issues I'll run into at that power level, but we'll address it at that time.

According to my order sheet, we are going ATI balancer upgrade and 8.25 lower upgrade. Not sure what boost level that puts it at. We are going black finish on everything. Not sure the difference between the street and race setup, but we are going with the race set up. Not sure there is that much difference between the two, but price wise, it wasn't that much, so I decided to just go that route.
That pulley setup, yeah I'd say a solid 950 RWHP minimum. The LT4 will be safe for normal usage at 900-1050 RWHP. Much over that and you'll definitely move towards early ka-boom but a set of pistons/rods/crank will keep you safe for 1300-1400.

I'm not certain but I think that the difference between Race and Street is the blow-off valve and possibly the finish of the head unit. I don't think anything else is different.

F1A-94 is good for 950-1100 RWHP on a built LT4 like yours. She's going to fly.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #5
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
So many 1000+HP builds going on right now! I can't to see this one finished up. Planning on doing any secondary port injection?
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
So many 1000+HP builds going on right now! I can't to see this one finished up. Planning on doing any secondary port injection?

I don't know. I usually don't cross bridges until I get there. I thought 700 hp was enough. Nope. Then 800. Nope. So, I said, screw it, gonna shoot for 1000. Once I get there, we'll see what the next steps are.

The issue is this. I don't track and it will never be for track set up. I'm sure we'll hit the track once we are done just to get some official times, but this is my street machine. I strictly roll race so. Been trying to build something that keeps me with the 1000 hp GTR builds and such. This should put me up there in the top pack as far as Houston goes. I should have the fastest Zl1 in Houston for sure hands down. But, we'll see. (Excluding whatever Hennessey puts out on the streets). Who knows where my stopping point is.

Looking back, I should of just went this route from the start instead of building what I built, only to sell it at a huge discount. But, for what I sold my setup for, I'm only in for $5k on the Procharger, installed and tuned. So, I guess it's not that bad of a deal.

Joel is the one who makes out. He gets my set up slapped on his 2SS. haha.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #7
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
I don't know. I usually don't cross bridges until I get there. I thought 700 hp was enough. Nope. Then 800. Nope. So, I said, screw it, gonna shoot for 1000. Once I get there, we'll see what the next steps are.

The issue is this. I don't track and it will never be for track set up. I'm sure we'll hit the track once we are done just to get some official times, but this is my street machine. I strictly roll race so. Been trying to build something that keeps me with the 1000 hp GTR builds and such. This should put me up there in the top pack as far as Houston goes. I should have the fastest Zl1 in Houston for sure hands down. But, we'll see. (Excluding whatever Hennessey puts out on the streets). Who knows where my stopping point is.

Looking back, I should of just went this route from the start instead of building what I built, only to sell it at a huge discount. But, for what I sold my setup for, I'm only in for $5k on the Procharger, installed and tuned. So, I guess it's not that bad of a deal.

Joel is the one who makes out. He gets my set up slapped on his 2SS. haha.
I told you to do it all at once! Lol. The power bug is unforgiving and greedy. Don’t be arrogant enough to think you can resist it, haha.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #8
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I told you to do it all at once! Lol. The power bug is unforgiving and greedy. Don’t be arrogant enough to think you can resist it, haha.

Haha, I went ahead and went low side while I was paying Matt off. It was going to be needed he said if I wanted anything over 1000 hp so. I think we can hit closer to 1100 once temps fall. So, I'm officially done until we see our results. We did add a catch can w/breather filter really more for looks honestly. I ordered some other shit too while I was there. He always gets me when I come into the shop.

We are going to run a 3 nozzle meth set up, so I'll be guzzling that and Matt is going to keep me loaded up with race gas. With low side being done, we should hit over 1000 hp, then I'm going to call out AZN. I already have a call out, but of course all of the trolls on his FB thinks his dung beetle will drag my ass and honestly, I don't think so. But, we'll see what happens. Matt already has the trailer ready to make the trip to OKC.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:03 AM   #9
USCavVet
Built and Tuned By Hhp

Drives: .
Quote:
This should put me up there in the top pack as far as Houston goes. I should have the fastest Zl1 in Houston for sure hands down.

There are a few of us that don’t post here but do lurk with high 900-1000whp boost only(some are on bottle on top of that). I can count att least 3 from the same shop I go to at that power level. Regardless you should have a lot of fun. Stick with 2 nozzles on the Meth(honestly never heard of anybody running 3), and look into the weapon x triple heat exchanger upgrade for your cooling. The CTSV V3 guys are having great luck with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USCavVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #10
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Haha, I went ahead and went low side while I was paying Matt off. It was going to be needed he said if I wanted anything over 1000 hp so. I think we can hit closer to 1100 once temps fall. So, I'm officially done until we see our results. We did add a catch can w/breather filter really more for looks honestly. I ordered some other shit too while I was there. He always gets me when I come into the shop.

We are going to run a 3 nozzle meth set up, so I'll be guzzling that and Matt is going to keep me loaded up with race gas. With low side being done, we should hit over 1000 hp, then I'm going to call out AZN. I already have a call out, but of course all of the trolls on his FB thinks his dung beetle will drag my ass and honestly, I don't think so. But, we'll see what happens. Matt already has the trailer ready to make the trip to OKC.
Keep us posted on the AZN call out
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #11
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCavVet View Post
There are a few of us that don’t post here but do lurk with high 900-1000whp boost only(some are on bottle on top of that). I can count att least 3 from the same shop I go to at that power level. Regardless you should have a lot of fun. Stick with 2 nozzles on the Meth(honestly never heard of anybody running 3), and look into the weapon x triple heat exchanger upgrade for your cooling. The CTSV V3 guys are having great luck with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's already running the Weapon X heat exchangers
2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #12
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Once this is on the 2SS I will definitely be at the power levels I was hoping for out of the LT1. Not sure how much further I can go from here without tremendous expense on fueling system, meth, internals (springs, cam, etc.). We will see what the final HP numbers are and then get it to the track for an official time slip.

The next 3 weeks are going to be hell waiting for the install, but I can handle it knowing what's at the end of the tunnel.

Ricco, the heat exchangers went with the setup. Not sure what the plans are for cooling on this build, but judging by all the cooling upgrades with this setup there will be no expense spared to keep the Procharger cool.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #13
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17txcamaross View Post
Once this is on the 2SS I will definitely be at the power levels I was hoping for out of the LT1. Not sure how much further I can go from here without tremendous expense on fueling system, meth, internals (springs, cam, etc.). We will see what the final HP numbers are and then get it to the track for an official time slip.

The next 3 weeks are going to be hell waiting for the install, but I can handle it knowing what's at the end of the tunnel.

Ricco, the heat exchangers went with the setup. Not sure what the plans are for cooling on this build, but judging by all the cooling upgrades with this setup there will be no expense spared to keep the Procharger cool.
Procharger uses an Intercooler (air to air) vs the charge cooler (water to air) of the roots style blowers.
2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #14
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
Procharger uses an Intercooler (air to air) vs the charge cooler (water to air) of the roots style blowers.
Gotcha, excuse any of my stupidity on the details. I am educating myself, but do not have any experience to date with FI of any kind on my personal vehicles.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote