Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #29
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
No, you want 1 bottle of that stuff, to add to the 2 quarts of 75w-90 gear oil that you purchase for the diff. Unless the gear oil specifies that it already have "limited-slip additive" in it.

Not difficult at all. There are 2 bolts that only require a 3/8 square to remove (use your socket wrench without a socket on it). Remove the top first, then the bottom and it will drain. Close the bottom up, add fluid through the top until it's full and coming out, and close the top.

For your clunk, check the suspension bolts and the driveshaft for loose bolts.

Which suspension bolt? , do you have any images that can point to what you're talking about ?
Old 02-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #30
Hellfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
If the clunk is just when you are turning around a corner at low speeds it is the TSB. You have to drain and fill the rear end two to three times with a series of figure 8's in between each fill. I would just find a dealer that can do the TSB. I had a friend do it at last years Rogers Car show, which is now moving to James Martin..

Yeah its pretty much this, or if i go over a bump maybe some time while turning. , never does it going straight or cruising or driving around.

What you mean have the dealer do it, what exactly do i ask them to do? And how much did they charge you? If just change the lube additive oil as stated above, why not just do it at home if everyone says it seems simple enough. Just wondering, asking for feedback
Old 02-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #31
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Yeah its pretty much this, or if i go over a bump maybe some time while turning. , never does it going straight or cruising or driving around.

What you mean have the dealer do it, what exactly do i ask them to do? And how much did they charge you? If just change the lube additive oil as stated above, why not just do it at home if everyone says it seems simple enough. Just wondering, asking for feedback
You really want to do this? Have at it enjoy..

Moan noise from the rear axle during cold start turning maneuvers.
In some instances the noise has been described as coming from the front of the vehicle.
The noise may start to be noticed as the vehicle accumulates over 3,000 miles.
Note: Steps 2 – 9 MUST be performed two (2) times for a total drain and fill of three (3) times to have this procedure be effective.
  1. With original lube in axle, conduct Freeway Speeds for 10 miles to warm up lube.
  2. Immediately drain original lube and refill with fresh lube
  3. In parking lot lock steering to the right, and then execute 5 Full Circles at (5-10 mph).
  4. In parking lot lock steering to the left, and then execute 5 Full Circles at (5-10 mph).
  5. Perform 4 Figure 8’s at (5-10 mph).
  6. Freeway Speeds for 20 miles until operating temperature is achieved.
  7. In parking lot lock steering to the right, and then execute 5 Full Circles at (5-10 mph).
  8. In parking lot lock steering to the left, and then execute 5 Full Circles at (5-10 mph).
  9. Perform 4 Figure 8’s at (5-10 mph).
  10. Immediately drain current lube in axle and refill with fresh lube
  11. Perform Steps 3 thru 9 again.
  12. Immediately drain current lube in axle and refill with fresh lube.

This procedure is only to be used for the condition listed above. During regular maintenance, the fluid only needs to be changed one time.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SB-10052061-6744.pdf (679.3 KB, 81 views)
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #32
Hellfighter

Never said i did, i was just wondering, also what do you ask a dealership to do if i need to get this TSB issue fixed? Specific instructions? Codes?

Quote:
You really want to do this? Have at it enjoy..

Moan noise from the rear axle during cold start turning maneuvers.
In some instances the noise has been described as coming from the front of the vehicle.
The noise may start to be noticed as the vehicle accumulates over 3,000 miles.
Note: Steps 2 – 9 MUST be performed two (2) times for a total drain and fill of three (3) times to have this procedure be effective.
  1. With original lube in axle, conduct Freeway Speeds for 10 miles to warm up lube.
  2. Immediately drain original lube and refill with fresh lube
  3. In parking lot lock steering to the right, and then execute 5 Full Circles at (5-10 mph).
  4. In parking lot lock steering to the left, and then execute 5 Full Circles at (5-10 mph).
  5. Perform 4 Figure 8’s at (5-10 mph).
  6. Freeway Speeds for 20 miles until operating temperature is achieved.
  7. In parking lot lock steering to the right, and then execute 5 Full Circles at (5-10 mph).
  8. In parking lot lock steering to the left, and then execute 5 Full Circles at (5-10 mph).
  9. Perform 4 Figure 8’s at (5-10 mph).
  10. Immediately drain current lube in axle and refill with fresh lube
  11. Perform Steps 3 thru 9 again.
  12. Immediately drain current lube in axle and refill with fresh lube.

This procedure is only to be used for the condition listed above. During regular maintenance, the fluid only needs to be changed one time.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #33
crazydave

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
No, you want 1 bottle of that stuff, to add to the 2 quarts of 75w-90 gear oil that you purchase for the diff. Unless the gear oil specifies that it already have "limited-slip additive" in it.

Not difficult at all. There are 2 bolts that only require a 3/8 square to remove (use your socket wrench without a socket on it). Remove the top first, then the bottom and it will drain. Close the bottom up, add fluid through the top until it's full and coming out, and close the top.

For your clunk, check the suspension bolts and the driveshaft for loose bolts.
A 3/8" ratchet will work however a 10mm square socket fits much tighter and is worth the few $ investment. You can get them off amazon.
Current Mods: Rotofab CAI, Big Gulp, and Res. ATI Superdamper and 10" Lower, DSX FF Sensor, DSX Aux Fuel Pump, ID850s, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers, Forced Induction Interchiller, McLeod RTX Twin disk. DSX Tuned. Running on 20" MT ET Street SS on stock wheels for the strip.

Best 1/4 mile to date:10.81 @130.43 mph w/ 1.61 60'

Just added: Jokerz Stage II blower port and FI Interchillers blower lid spacer.
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #34
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Never said i did, i was just wondering, also what do you ask a dealership to do if i need to get this TSB issue fixed? Specific instructions? Codes?
I attached the Service bulletin in the last post for you. You are out of warranty so you will need to do some sucking up or find a friendly dealer, or both..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #35
Hellfighter

Quote:
I attached the Service bulletin in the last post for you. You are out of warranty so you will need to do some sucking up or find a friendly dealer, or both..

LOL! How much are we talking here? Cost wise?