Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Diode Dynamics - Horrible Service

Two days ago I tried to order a set of the dark side markers (a set of 4) to clean up the look of my car. When I ordered them it said they were in stock and their website was advertising same day shipping if ordered before noon. I never got an email with the status of my order so I logged into my account and saw that it was 20 business days to get them.

I email customer service explaining the issue, basically that the dark ones were in stock and the clears were special order (10-20 business days), then they proceed to tell me that I can't read and that the site clearly says it's a special order for the dark ones. I screenshot their website proving that their site must be incorrect because I ordered the dark ones and they were in stock at the time I ordered it and they told me oh well, they aren't anymore.

To me that's pretty poor customer service when a company makes a mistake and then doesn't own up to it. Didn't even offer to try to expedite it, or offer free shipping, or maybe a quicker shipping option, or anything.

I don't think I'm asking too much when I say that all I expect a company I order something from is respect, not telling me I can't read (especially when they are wrong), and then if you make a mistake don't just give up, do something to take responsibility for your actions.

Just wanted to share my experience so you know what to expect if you plan to order from them.
Attached Images

gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
Burly

I originally ordered the dark version and didn't receive any notification of delivery times. Two days later I emailed them to ask if I could switch to clear and responded that it wasn't too late and they said clear was in stock and dark was on back order. I got the clear 4 days later.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #3
gdgraph

It's ridiculous how some vendors think it's okay to not update you on the status of your order and not communicate with you like that. Unfortunately both are out of stock right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burly View Post
I originally ordered the dark version and didn't receive any notification of delivery times. Two days later I emailed them to ask if I could switch to clear and responded that it wasn't too late and they said clear was in stock and dark was on back order. I got the clear 4 days later.

Last edited by gdgraph; 08-21-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I sent them a DM a few days ago on here. No response.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #5
gdgraph

Yeah same here, I had a question about the purchase beforehand and sent them a PM but never heard back either. Had slightly better luck over email, but still extremely disappointed with this company and their customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
That's a bummer, I actually had the opposite response when I had some issues with an order for my mustang last year. Maybe you just got a bad rep on a bad day. Anyone back talking you like that is unacceptable (assuming you were being reasonable which it sounds like you were)
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #7
gdgraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
That's a bummer, I actually had the opposite response when I had some issues with an order for my mustang last year. Maybe you just got a bad rep on a bad day. Anyone back talking you like that is unacceptable (assuming you were being reasonable which it sounds like you were)
Yeah, I simply told them that I saw the clear was out of stock, but the darks were not (in the drop down menu). He tries to tell me that I'm wrong and then when I send him the screen shot he says, it's out of stock, it happens and then radio science.

I'm just going to cancel my order because I'm not waiting a month.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #8
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
I just got a order of smoked sidemarkers in today and there are scuffs all around the lenses. In contact with customer service and he asked for a address to get a new set sent out to me. So far so good. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and doesn't turn into a headache. You may have just got a asshole that day. This is the first time i have dealt with them and based on what i got i'm not to happy but as long as CS treats me right i'll be good.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #9
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
I ordered my set from eBay .. website said it was longer lead time ..
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #10
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
I ordered my set from eBay .. website said it was longer lead time ..
I ordered Friday Sept 1st. They shipped Tues came in today. Surprised me.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:32 PM   #11
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Same lol .. came fairly quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
I ordered Friday Sept 1st. They shipped Tues came in today. Surprised me.
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #12
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
Two days ago I tried to order a set of the dark side markers (a set of 4) to clean up the look of my car. When I ordered them it said they were in stock and their website was advertising same day shipping if ordered before noon. I never got an email with the status of my order so I logged into my account and saw that it was 20 business days to get them.

I email customer service explaining the issue, basically that the dark ones were in stock and the clears were special order (10-20 business days), then they proceed to tell me that I can't read and that the site clearly says it's a special order for the dark ones. I screenshot their website proving that their site must be incorrect because I ordered the dark ones and they were in stock at the time I ordered it and they told me oh well, they aren't anymore.

To me that's pretty poor customer service when a company makes a mistake and then doesn't own up to it. Didn't even offer to try to expedite it, or offer free shipping, or maybe a quicker shipping option, or anything.

I don't think I'm asking too much when I say that all I expect a company I order something from is respect, not telling me I can't read (especially when they are wrong), and then if you make a mistake don't just give up, do something to take responsibility for your actions.

Just wanted to share my experience so you know what to expect if you plan to order from them.
I apologize for the confusion over the website's inventory statuses. They are updated manually by our staff at the beginning of each day to be as accurate as possible. Unfortunately, it's not 100% real-time, but we do our best to make sure customers are notified when an item is ordered and is placed on back-order shortly after.

Customer satisfaction and experience is absolutely our top priority, so I am extremely surprised to hear this. I also want to point out that we offer free-shipping for all US-forum members (send us a PM and we'll make sure you receive the code). I can assure everyone that no member of our staff would disrespect a customer or tell them they couldn't read, otherwise they wouldn't be working for us.

We are an honest, and transparent company based in St. Louis, Missouri. We are proud to be the only company manufacturing these items here in the USA. We aren't ashamed to admit when we are wrong or make mistakes, and I apologize if a member of our staff didn't provide you accurate information.

I am sorry to hear that your initial experience was less than satisfactory. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Quote:
Yeah same here, I had a question about the purchase beforehand and sent them a PM but never heard back either. Had slightly better luck over email, but still extremely disappointed with this company and their customer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I simply told them that I saw the clear was out of stock, but the darks were not (in the drop down menu). He tries to tell me that I'm wrong and then when I send him the screen shot he says, it's out of stock, it happens and then radio science.

I'm just going to cancel my order because I'm not waiting a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
I just got a order of smoked sidemarkers in today and there are scuffs all around the lenses. In contact with customer service and he asked for a address to get a new set sent out to me. So far so good. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and doesn't turn into a headache. You may have just got a asshole that day. This is the first time i have dealt with them and based on what i got i'm not to happy but as long as CS treats me right i'll be good.
My apologies for the delayed response to everyone's PM's as well. I was out of the office all of last week while attending an event. We typically respond within 24 hours to all forum PMs and Emails during the work week.

I would also like to mention that we have several authorized dealers on the forum who have sidemarkers in stock and ready to ship.

Thank you,

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote