Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #15
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGun View Post
I had ARH complete system with no cats. This is the link for my car on dyno.

When cruising it has a nice deep sound without any drones. But it is too loud for my taste when you step on it. This is why I replaced it with dynatech headers and stock cat back with no cats.

You cannot judge the exhaust tone or loudness until you hear it by your own ears.
Why waste the $$ on different headers?
Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #16
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Slight drone at 1400-1500 rpm in 6th gear, but only when going up a slight grade. Both before and after gutting cats. Took me 45 min just to jack the car up, put on stands and get tools ready.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
TriGun

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS Ice Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Why waste the $$ on different headers?
Because the ARH headers came with the system do not connect to the stock cat-back and can be used only with ARH X-pipe.

I lost none. I sold it and got dynatech headers.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk 2
TriGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Because the ARH headers came with the system do not connect to the stock cat-back and can be used only with ARH X-pipe.

I lost none. I sold it and got dynatech headers.
ARH makes an x-pipe that'll connect to the stock exhaust, but really if you wanted it a little less noisy, you should have gotten cats.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8S FORD View Post
In SJ, are you going to see Mike at TPS for the work to be done? He does phenomenal work! I make the 3.5 hour trip each way for him. Haven't had any performance work done to my SS yet (just bought it Tuesday), but he is the only guy that touched my C6.

Good luck!
Dave
Rick from Synergy, although TPS was my back up plan. I've heard great things about both shops, but Rick has been recommended over many years by different people, so I went with him. Good guy too, I felt comfortable that he was straight with me and understands his stuff.

Thanks man, living the dream!
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
Orange Crush 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
Slight drone at 1400-1500 rpm in 6th gear, but only when going up a slight grade. Both before and after gutting cats. Took me 45 min just to jack the car up, put on stands and get tools ready.
There was one other that told me about a slight drone and only in 6th at certain RPM, but sounds like it would be fine for me.

I'm leaning Corsa axle-back mounted to the AR longtubes and high flow cats, primarily because I suspect the AR mufflers may be a little louder at WOT. Don't know for sure, as others have said it's hard to know what you want without hearing them first-hand. So I'll probably go with what I know. I've had Corsas before, top notch quality and sound. I'm speculating that I'd like the sound of the ARs better, but the DB limits at Laguna Seca are what concern me. And who knows about if they're any different, I just have to guess at this point.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #21
Orange Crush 1LE

Quote:
I had ARH complete system with no cats. This is the link for my car on dyno.

When cruising it has a nice deep sound without any drones. But it is too loud for my taste when you step on it. This is why I replaced it with dynatech headers and stock cat back with no cats.

You cannot judge the exhaust tone or loudness until you hear it by your own ears.
Damn that sounds wicked! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #22
TriGun

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS Ice Silver
I can't use cats as I have a supercharger. Metal core cats won't live long under boost and high weather temperature were I live (can reaches 50 C = 122 F)
TriGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #23
Synner

Drives: cars
I wouldn't describe the ARH system as loud ever. I don't like loud exhausts either but I consider this one quiet.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #24
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
There was one other that told me about a slight drone and only in 6th at certain RPM, but sounds like it would be fine for me.

I'm leaning Corsa axle-back mounted to the AR longtubes and high flow cats, primarily because I suspect the AR mufflers may be a little louder at WOT. Don't know for sure, as others have said it's hard to know what you want without hearing them first-hand. So I'll probably go with what I know. I've had Corsas before, top notch quality and sound. I'm speculating that I'd like the sound of the ARs better, but the DB limits at Laguna Seca are what concern me. And who knows about if they're any different, I just have to guess at this point.

Wait another day or two. Im getting my complete ARH system installed on wednesday in my vert...I will let you know if it is too loud. If its fine for a vert it will be fine for anything.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #25
Orange Crush 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Where and who sells Corsa axle backs????? Must KNOW!!!!!
Oops- I stand corrected. Corsa only sells cat-backs, not axle-backs. So that made the decision easy- I decided to go with the full ARH exhaust, longtubes-to-mufflers.

Can't wait!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #26
Orange Crush 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by meSSohappy View Post
Wait another day or two. Im getting my complete ARH system installed on wednesday in my vert...I will let you know if it is too loud. If its fine for a vert it will be fine for anything.
Looking forward to your post on how it sounds.

The shop needed an answer from me this AM, so I gave them the green light to order the complete ARH system.

Pretty excited, I think it'll work just fine. Lots of great reviews, and the Youtube vids sound bad ass. But let me know how yours works out, my install doesn't happen for about a month.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #27
mandra

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2RS M6
Just installed this system yesterday full ARH sounds great no drone not too loud for me anyway either. Sounds like if I don't rev it I can go home without waking the neighbors.

Just a note I only have a 20" lift jack and it worked fine for putting in the headers you don't need to go out and get a 2 foot lift jack as stated in some instructions. I think once on the stands the car was probably only 19" from frame to ground.
mandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #28
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Getting the ARH installed today and a tune tonight...stay tuned for a post later today !!
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote