Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #15
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
Any dB readings?
If I have a npp can I buy the non npp system? All I care about is loud, don't need quiet.
You could ground out the npp leads and put some FM super 10's on it, plenty loud. lol
Old 05-26-2016, 03:23 PM   #16
agl_bst

Drives: 2017 1LE
So I have never changed the exhaust on a car that didnt need to have it changed. I am not ashamed to ask. Is a tune required or recomended when switching to something like this? i mean i am guessing this is a larger diameter pipe and wouldnt that result in power loss if not tuned? Does what i am asking make sense?
agl_bst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #17
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by agl_bst View Post
So I have never changed the exhaust on a car that didnt need to have it changed. I am not ashamed to ask. Is a tune required or recomended when switching to something like this? i mean i am guessing this is a larger diameter pipe and wouldnt that result in power loss if not tuned? Does what i am asking make sense?
no tune needed for a catback/axleback. that's mainly done for headers. and the diameter of borla so far is the same as the stock NPP I think.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:23 AM   #18
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I like that David sets straight some of the answers that were kinda-sorta unanswered or implied.

For me, it was, where is the Touring / S-Type / ATAK applied and he said it was applied to the NPP-Open circuit. As well as the NPP-Closed circuit got work done by changing the tone but trying not to change the decibels.

Also, THANK YOU for including the stock sound in the 4 panel scene...that really helps since the NPP is already a "pretty good" exhaust when you know that it came from the factory. This helps me to understand just how much better the Borla will be.

That pretty much closed the door on what I was wondering.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2

Last edited by bpang1234; 05-27-2016 at 01:34 AM.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:34 AM   #19
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz3069 View Post
Great now to choose between the S-Type and the Atak system??? Since this will never see the track, I am almost wondering if I should go with the S-Type?? Hell I can not decide.
Me too!

I am on the fence but leaning towards the S-Type. Either way, MY BODY IS READY!!!!
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #20
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
I assume those Db readings are for the catbacks?any Db for the axelback?
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:17 AM   #21
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Hey, no NPP buzz/rattle. :-)
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #22
MAtRiX_757

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
https://youtu.be/zYrboFjc3VU

Confirms what I said.
No, it only confirms what I also thought and that is how it also works for the Camaro.

He says in the Camaro video at 3:10 that they "took the 3 technologies and married them into the loud circuit."

So it seems it works differently here then.
MAtRiX_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #23
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
You missed it. Both are the TOUR when in non track or sport. (Ice and tour) Valve closed = borla's tour muffler sound. Valve open = s type or ATAK. (Track or sport) It is just plain that simple. Not sure where the issue is.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:24 PM   #24
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Quote:
I am right. That is why you have the two choices. Go watch the corvette videos. It will actually say it there.
Why would I watch the Corvette videos when they released a video for the new Camaro?

If you are correct, would would the comparison video so 4 different comparisons, Stock, Touring, S-Type, and ATAK.

That makes no sense

You are trying to say the comparison video for Touring is what the S-Type & ATAK sound in tour mode??? I highly doubt the sound would be the same in Tour mode in two different setups
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #25
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
I wish Lisa or David would hop on here and clarify

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #26
brutusvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy8784 View Post
Why would I watch the Corvette videos when they released a video for the new Camaro?

If you are correct, would would the comparison video so 4 different comparisons, Stock, Touring, S-Type, and ATAK.

That makes no sense

You are trying to say the comparison video for Touring is what the S-Type & ATAK sound in tour mode??? I highly doubt the sound would be the same in Tour mode in two different setups
Because the NPP was developed for the vette.

But I changed my mind, you are right. You should wait for the TOURING system to come out for sure. Borla must be giving you only one sound choice for the NPP for the camaro. Corvette owners are more important so they get two sound levels. Borla must have completely thrown out their research and development from the corvette and not used any of it for the Camaro. Pay no mind to the fact that they share the same motor. Pay no mind to the fact that the valves used in the two Borla systems are the same.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #27
MAtRiX_757

Quote:
Because the NPP was developed for the vette.

But I changed my mind, you are right. You should wait for the TOURING system to come out for sure. Borla must be giving you only one sound choice for the NPP for the camaro. Corvette owners are more important so they get two sound levels. Borla must have completely thrown out their research and development from the corvette and not used any of it for the Camaro. Pay no mind to the fact that they share the same motor. Pay no mind to the fact that the valves used in the two Borla systems are the same.

Except they aren't the same, they state in the video that:

1. "So we took our touring, our s-type, and our atak technologies and integrated them into the loud circuit, or the open circuit." - David Borla

2. "You will find that the closed circuit for all three are very similar." - David Borla

3. They even show it as three separate pictures of three separate systems when comparing sound levels.

Last edited by MAtRiX_757; 05-27-2016 at 11:05 PM.
MAtRiX_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:53 AM   #28
brutusvk

I said you win. Hold out for the touring package. It is the one they are betting is their best seller and are holding it for the next big show. The Camaro system is now just an expensive cutout system. Pay no mind that if you look at how the mufflers are set up in both systems they look very similar. Definitely pay zero attention folks were directed to the corvette system to see how the Camaro system will work before it came out. The same valves used in the corvette are simply used as a plain old cutout dump. If that is the case, it will not be a big seller. Cut out systems are inexpensive and quite easy. This system was originally priced almost exactly the same as the vette. But I guess it is less system at similar prices. If it works the way you think it does, don't buy it. I will let them explain it. I am not compensated from them so I will no longer spend any time on it. Funny how the two mufflers look so similar except the bends though. Odd.

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust