Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 02-06-2016, 12:19 PM   #2731
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Tara,
I feel like calling up your dealership right now and give them a piece of my mind for the way they treated you. Makes me sick.
Spoiled F$%!!!!%$$@s

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #2732
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Tara,
I feel like calling up your dealership right now and give them a piece of my mind for the way they treated you. Makes me sick.
Spoiled F$%!!!!%$$@s
I was planning to go back on Wednesday to get my black bow ties installed, but I did the front one by myself today. I just bought some floss to remove the rear one, so I'll install the rear tomorrow. I ain't going back to them.

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #2733
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
I just bought some floss to remove the rear one, so I'll install the rear tomorrow. I ain't going back to them.
Thatta Girl.

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 02-07-2016, 01:23 AM   #2734
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

You know, we've never figured out why our cars were in QC purgatory for so long... I was looking around under the hood today and noticed that the right (passenger) side strut tower mount looked like it had been muscled around. It looks like whatever coating that was on that upper soft part was scratched and scraped up. The left (driver) side is not like this and is 99% pristine. What do you all think? Has anyone found anything that looks like it was worked on post-manufacture? Oh, at this point, my Camaro had 120 miles on it.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #2735
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
One last word...I have to vent...about treatment at my dealership.

My salesman messages me today that my LPO parts are at the dealership (56F wheels and black bowties.) I get to the dealership right after work and find my salesman. He was off yesterday, so he missed the delivery of my car, and I could tell he wanted a ride in it, so I obliged him. When we got back to the dealership, he said we needed to check in with the service manager to schedule installation of my bowties. I had already informed him that I would just pick up the "loose" 56F wheels and have my own installer mount them. (Note here that the dealer was going to use an outside installer to swap the tires to the 56F wheels anyway.)

We arrive in Service and the service writer that my salesman pointed out said that the Service Manager had the paperwork and that I had to talk to him in his office. He also noted that the Parts Manager was in the office, too. The Service Manager admonished me that if I took the wheels and had another installer do the work, that they would not be responsible for that work...<duh!> I assured him that I knew that. The <swarthy> Parts Manager then piped in that "If you take those LPO wheels, you're going to have to bring back the wheels that are on it because we have to send them back to the factory." At this point, my anger is rising, because I can see that I was set up and all of these people were expecting my arrival. I bit my tongue and only responded, "No, I don't." The Parts Manager continued to harangue me about that was part of the deal that I had to turn in the wheels. I told him that I had paid almost $2,000 for a whole extra set of wheels, and he said "No, no, no, those wheels are worth like $3,900 and that's part of the 'discount' to get the wheels so cheap." I'm really pissed off by now, but maintaining my cool. I told him about a previous 2016 Camaro customer at this same dealership who bought the same LPO 56F wheels and received two sets of wheels about a month before. Parts Manager ignored this. Instead he says that we'll just call the guy now who knows. They make a conference call right there while I'm standing in the office, (I, the customer, was never offered a seat.) A younger gentleman gets on the call and Parts Manager tells him what's going on, and asks to verify that he has to send the original SS wheels back. Surprisingly, the fellow says that no, they're not required to send the wheels back as there is no "core charge" for the LPO wheels and that the dealership can keep the wheels or give them back to the customer. The "dealership can keep the wheels" part sounded really shady to me. Keep a customer's property? Really?!? Parts Manager ended the call and sheepishly said that I could keep my wheels. Service Manager had a more apologetic look in his eyes, seeing that I was right all along. Once Parts Manager hears that I'm picking up my wheels in my Camaro, he tells me that there's no way to fit them in the car. I just said, "Unbox them!"

It also looks like they had my LPO items at the dealership for quite some time, although yesterday they told me that they did not. My wheels were in a "conex" -styled storage container out on the back lot of the dealership. A parts worker, my salesman and I unboxed and loaded the wheels into my Camaro with room to spare.

I hate it when someone tries to imply that I'm stupid or ignorant when I know I'm right. Thank goodness for Becky and this forum. Informed consumers are smart consumers! This dealership would have buffalo-ed me out of at least $1,000 worth of original SS wheels.
Typical BAD dealer crap, parts manager and service manager working hard to rip the costumer off.

And ones more happy you got your car.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #2736
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
You know, we've never figured out why our cars were in QC purgatory for so long... I was looking around under the hood today and noticed that the right (passenger) side strut tower mount looked like it had been muscled around. It looks like whatever coating that was on that upper soft part was scratched and scraped up. The left (driver) side is not like this and is 99% pristine. What do you all think? Has anyone found anything that looks like it was worked on post-manufacture? Oh, at this point, my Camaro had 120 miles on it.
Wow that is crazy! I looked around, inside, outside, under, etc., I could never find anything that was done, I am pretty sure nothing was done or at least anything significant that you can see.

So your had 120 miles at delivery?

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #2737
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
So here's a thought. I have no idea if this happens, or if it's what GM means by QC hold, but it's based on my own experience with other things.

It's natural to assume a "QC Hold" means something is wrong with the car and needs to be corrected. But it might also be possible that -nothing- is wrong with the car and something was wrong with the manufacturing / inspecting process when the car was made. There are hundreds / thousands of individual steps in making a car. All of these appear to have automation to some degree. All of that automation requires machines and software. If just one of the stations where an assembly / inspection occurs is later determined to have a software problem (for example) that could have caused some problems to be missed... well, what do you do? They might have been missed, or there might not be any problems. Time to reinspect the cars. But what if the problems occured for a part that's now really, really hard to get to? (Transmission, say, or engine). It's probably going to be a slow, very labor intensive process to tear down to access the part, inspect the part, and reassemble.

I'm not excusing the time... but I was wondering how something could sit in QC hold for an extended period, and watching the "Dreams Cars" special got me to thinking about all of the machinery used just to make a car. It's amazing it works at all.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #2738
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
So here's a thought. I have no idea if this happens, or if it's what GM means by QC hold, but it's based on my own experience with other things.

It's natural to assume a "QC Hold" means something is wrong with the car and needs to be corrected. But it might also be possible that -nothing- is wrong with the car and something was wrong with the manufacturing / inspecting process when the car was made. There are hundreds / thousands of individual steps in making a car. All of these appear to have automation to some degree. All of that automation requires machines and software. If just one of the stations where an assembly / inspection occurs is later determined to have a software problem (for example) that could have caused some problems to be missed... well, what do you do? They might have been missed, or there might not be any problems. Time to reinspect the cars. But what if the problems occured for a part that's now really, really hard to get to? (Transmission, say, or engine). It's probably going to be a slow, very labor intensive process to tear down to access the part, inspect the part, and reassemble.

I'm not excusing the time... but I was wondering how something could sit in QC hold for an extended period, and watching the "Dreams Cars" special got me to thinking about all of the machinery used just to make a car. It's amazing it works at all.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. By machinery, I'm assuming you mean the 1,000s of robots that put this car together. Pretty awesome to see these robots in action. It's like watching something from the future..

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 02-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #2739
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. By machinery, I'm assuming you mean the 1,000s of robots that put this car together. Pretty awesome to see these robots in action. It's like watching something from the future..
Yup. Reminds me of Iron Man.

I was really impressed with the image processing stuff. The robots take pics of the parts as part of the inspection process and use the images to measure tolerances / parts placement. Among other things, there's a crap ton of software driving all of that automation and inspection. And you can be sure it's not 100% correct before the line starts up.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #2740
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Wow that is crazy! I looked around, inside, outside, under, etc., I could never find anything that was done, I am pretty sure nothing was done or at least anything significant that you can see.

So your had 120 miles at delivery?
No, it had 7 at delivery on Wednesday. Yesterday (Saturday) I was at about 120.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:52 PM   #2741
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
No, it had 7 at delivery on Wednesday. Yesterday (Saturday) I was at about 120.
Oh ok gotcha.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #2742
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Oh ok gotcha.
...with 7 miles on it and the rear tires spun by someone. Not at the dealer, though. It went straight from truck to the make ready rack at the dealer, somewhere between Lansing-Troy-Railyard, etc.
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #2743
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
We need to close and archive this thread so it can be seen forever and ever.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:43 AM   #2744
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
We need to close and archive this thread so it can be seen forever and ever.
I agree! It's been quite a ride.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet