Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-22-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
Taylor0262

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
My Dyno Numbers

So i just had a shop install my tsp long tubes and do flex fuel tuning as well. Im a little suprrised by the dyno numbers there telling me it made 425hp and 440 torque. This seems a little low to me . I have Rotofab dry, Edgyvette ported stock manifold, Vmax ported throttle body, spintech warlock mufflers, msd wires, Texas speed 1 7/8 longtubes with there highflow cats, and skidmark garage flex fuel kit with a tune from james karger. Its worth noting my car is a 2017 camaro ss with the A8 and the Da was 3500 about 98 degress at time of dyno. What do yall make of this?
Taylor0262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #2
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor0262 View Post
So i just had a shop install my tsp long tubes and do flex fuel tuning as well. Im a little suprrised by the dyno numbers there telling me it made 425hp and 440 torque. This seems a little low to me . I have Rotofab dry, Edgyvette ported stock manifold, Vmax ported throttle body, spintech warlock mufflers, msd wires, Texas speed 1 7/8 longtubes with there highflow cats, and skidmark garage flex fuel kit with a tune from james karger. Its worth noting my car is a 2017 camaro ss with the A8 and the Da was 3500 about 98 degress at time of dyno. What do yall make of this?
If you are in 5th gear and in that DA sounds about right.

6th gear would put you at about 450 rwhp. Then with good air probably another 30 hp. Every 1000 ft is about 10-15 hp. I wouldn’t worry too much

Was it a dynojet? Are these numbers sae?

Many dyno can’t allow for the speeed needed to do a 6th gear pull to 200 mph in an a8. So they use 5th. Which is not 1:1. This has been proven to be 20-30 rwhp lower than using 6th.

If the pull was 6th gear it’s a bit low but still not that bad considering the air and it coukd be a stingy dyno

See what you trap in decent air. If you are under 120
Something is off
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
Taylor0262

Ok perfect! That is just the info im looking for. I have not seen the dyno sheet yet as i pick up the car on monday. So not positive about which type of dyno and if the numbers are sae im going to ask when i go down to the shop. I felt like some of those factors could be contributing . Texas air sucks for speed. I do know that.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:22 PM   #4
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Headers. Cold air and E85.
How much do you think you should make?

Just tell yourself you made 520 with headers.

Done.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
SSLandon

Drives: 2017 M6 2ss, Sunroof, Silver Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor0262 View Post
I have the Same exact headers and Cold air Inductions CAI just got the tune done at Wong's Performance in Vancouver and she put down 431HP & 424TQ. It was about 89 Degrees. I believe it was a 4th gear pull not 100% sure. Also Wong was telling me I could squeeze another 10hp if it was cooler outside, that day was weird weather.
431HP & 424TQ
SSLandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:53 PM   #6
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Dont worry about end numbers. Dynos all read different, even if they are the same make and model. If you can(for future reference) get a before and after run..... gains are what matters.

DA doesn't really matter too much, if you are making sure the dyno operator is using a correction factor. The "standard" is SAE correction.... some use STD correction

If you want the real test, take it to the drag strip and see how much you trap. The general rule of thumb is your MPH reflects how much power you are making. Your ET is how effiecent you are putting it to the ground. Even if you suck at launching, you will get a solid idea of your power from your mph.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #7
Taylor0262

Thank you very much for all the insight. Gotta order my front runners and let it cool off a little then gonna hit the drag strip! I should have a much clearer picture of how my cars doing then.