Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 12-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #169
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I actually got everything I was promised by Mark in the earlier days of his stuff rolling out for the 6th Gen. However, I believe his apology included that he would not be selling parts any more and this is disconcerting to read that he is basically back to that. Maybe with another company in the middle but certainly looks like he is back in the game.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #170
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
He is selling wheels on Facebook and says he "didn't rip one person off".

Buyer Beware.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #171
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
He's back at it on FB arguing with people and denying his sketchy practices as well.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:38 AM   #172
6LE Designs

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
NOTE: I am sorry, I posted this same response in November but it is not in here for some reason anymore. If there is anyone who did not get a part or refund from me that they were due, email me at madelisle@yahoo.com and I will make sure you are taken care of as the others I was able to find since I first posted this in November. For the record, there were 6 people total and all are taken care of or being taken care of and can attest to it.

This is what I posted last month. Take it however you will, it's the truth. It's also the truth that if there is anyone still owed you can email me and I will make sure it is rectified...

To Whom it may concern, I am Mark DeLisle.

I am the former owner of 6LE Designs and partial owner of IROC Motorsports INC. After 12 years of bringing new designs to the cars I loved, Fourth-Gens and clearly Gen 6 Camaros, poor business choices on my part resulted in me having to make the heart wrenching choice to bring 6LE Designs to a horrible end.

The way it all fell apart, in the last few months it was open, caused a LOT of product to not go out affecting many customers. Due to my poor choices spending profit on new product and not "saving for a rainy day", when I hit some manufacturing issues, I chased them other places with the profit. When the other places fell through, and the profit was spent places that didn’t produce and couldn’t refund, only the cost of the parts were left... then refunds started to hit.

My profit margins were horrible by this point as I kept dropping prices to make sales so one refund meant I could not pay for TWO other orders. So I kept selling to try to fix it.
It isn't as crazy as it sounds because at the time, I also had $52,000 sitting in a reserve in PayPal. At some point I never updated a bank account (I operated solely out of PayPal and had a PP CC and debit card for business use, did not need a bank) and so there was no bank account linked which flagged me as a risk. As such, PayPal put a reserve on my account. They withheld 15% of my daily sales since July 2017 and would only release them 6 months later "in case of refunds".

None of that would matter. SEMA 2017 took sales from 30k a month to 160k November 2017 alone. The parts selling were hoods, spoilers and wheels. Nothing we were prepared for... wide bodies and glass roofs.

An over 500% growth in one month stressed every part of my small business to the point of failure. An owner not good at making 30k decisions is 5xs as bad at 160k. Manufacturing 5xs as slow. Success bestowed, as opposed to hard lessons learned, is destined to fail and it did.

After trying to get more capital by selling anything I could from molds down to the business itself, there were no doors opening.

Finally, after watching the 52k reserve become negative, I realized all I could do was stop the orders from coming in, tell everyone no orders were going out, and tell people to call their CC companies to say "I never got my part the business is closed." so money I did not have to return (again poor business choices) would consolidate into a negative PP balance I could try to pay off or bankrupt later.

I tried again to sell off the molds, rights, anything and no takers. Forcing through the refunds was all I could do. That even got messy when customers had been waiting past the dispute times and could not force a refund so I tried to still get them a part or pay in some way but most I had to say, "It will have to wait until I can find another job but you are on my list to fix."

Apparently, there are still people out there I missed, hence writing this to find you. Despite what it may look like on social media, this was never just a business to me, which was clearly a major issue, it was always a creative outlet that made a life for me. Not just financially but friendships and joy all from "customers". You don't do this for 12 years, keep making new parts for old cars, out of any sane motivation... solely out of insane love of the cars and the community. None of this fall was anything but a fall. I fumbled the ball at the 1 yard line. Just me. I did it.
6LE Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:40 AM   #173
6LE Designs

At times I had help while running the business and during those times having two (never had much more than one other person due to profit margins, I support local businesses and the truth is that is not cheap) perspectives, while EXTREMELY frustrating to a designer, kept the business stable enough to weather storms and organized enough not to create them.

The past year and a half running the business was all me. By January 2017, my designs had found success among Gen 6 Camaros and I had an EXTREMELY talented friend and designer, and an idea for a widebody... bolt on fender flares prototyped in Albert's dad's garage. What eventually became far from bolt on fender flares... the Gen 6 Camaro IROC-Z at SEMA 2017.

In that garage something magical and detrimental happened. A perfect storm that would be my rise and fall. Thanks to the community money was coming in from sales (and parts were going out on time everything was purring along) so there was money to go further, to allow someone I knew very well to be the next top car designer to paint his masterpiece... or at least WRAP his masterpiece as we could not afford paint... So, "masterpiece" at least as close as possible given he was redesigning an entire car on the MATERIAL BUDGET, he was working for FREE, of a bolt on wide body.

I saw what he was going to unveil to the world and it became my mission to find a name, not make a name for myself or for 6LE but to find a name that would make the world look at what he did. One prayerful night thinking about riding in my best friend Justin Taylor's "IROC-Z" (car was an 84 lol) I remembered, GM never owned the name, they just licensed it. I got a lawyer and I got the name, for around $800. Yup, it was just filing for a wordmark. Fully expected to get shut down at SEMA but figured by then people would see what Albert could do.

Now this was not selfless. I wanted to sell it obviously. We were not ready. We built that car in 3 honest months with the help of friends, all these upper echelons of what they do coming down to make IROC-Z happen and they did an amazing... CONCEPT car in that time. My business was banking on a finished PRODUCT and we didn't have it. Long story short, we scrambled to have finished product when the orders hit but issue after issue poor choice after poor choice... it all got fixed... a YEAR later as 6LE took its last breath.

From Volkswagen tying us up legally over the name through February (claimed people buying an IROC-Z would be confused thinking they were getting a VW SUV named the T-ROC) to just the simple fact things take a long time to make RIGHT parts didn't go out in time, things dominoed and that's all there was to it.

While this was happening, Jeff Daniels owner of MAGG Performance and also my best friend from college and one time early on partner at 6LE, offered to wholesale my parts through MAGG. He is the opposite of me. I'm Michael Scott, he's Jim (and my wife is Dwight lol)... Office reference but he is really good with things like being organized and money. Perfect. He runs the business, my designs still sell, I can fix things.

Phastek steps in and offers to wholesale the Gen 6 stuff. Awesome. My parts live on, I can feed my family, fix any issues customers had.

At least I thought I could. Sales weren’t the same (obviously). Any profit I once again spent trying to resolve old 6LE issues instead of simply saying, “this business closed, call your CC for a refund.” I made another poor choice obviously.

Before it all completely went down in flames, my wife bought the car (so we could refinance it since no one else was buying) and we couldn’t even sell off the name IROC-Z. We opened IROC Motorsports INC solely to license the name (as we did with my wheel design and the name to Factory Reproductions) so that EVENTUALLY (we don’t get paid until at least 30 days after parts sell, which aren’t here until end of January) get some money coming in to right any other wrongs.

None of this worked out. My family is on welfare and are trying to get other jobs. I’m in the final stages of being hired to sell cars through a dealership. I don’t write this as a sob story, I write it solely as the truth the community is owed.

I feel God put me on this Earth to make people happy by enjoying their cars more with my designs. He clearly did not put me on this Earth to run a business as I clearly have done the opposite of making people happy.

This all being said, I have a list of people I owe. If I missed you, then let me know. I know my customer service became horrid. It wasn’t intentional, I was just drowning alone trying to fix it.

If you still like the designs, MAGG Performance sells them as does IROC Motorsports LLC and they are about to be opened up to any wholesaler that wants them. Both owned AND RAN SOLELY (meaning I have no involvement) by Jeff Daniels. A portion of the profit DOES go to me and my family and I AM trying my best to make sure no one was left screwed over by me, never my intention.

I would love to get everyone taken care of, let people see I have ZERO involvement with anything money related and that I’m just here to answer design questions and also, hopefully, continue to make new designs for you to purchase anywhere but through me.

I did a horrible job of handling things during a year of absolute chaos. I don’t want to disappear like other people have in my position before, I want to say... I blew it big time. I could not fix it in motion. The 6LE business is dead. I will rise from the ashes and fix my wrongs if you let me but it will take a lot of time.

Long story short, the business had a lot to overcome this year that was all true, but at the end of the day it all failed because of my poor choices. Trying to make better ones.

madelisle@yahoo.com
Old 12-16-2018, 03:42 AM   #174
6LE Designs

That was what I wrote, on here as well as LS1tech/a mass email/Facebook/etc..., a month ago to find any other customers that were left without parts or refunds.

Don't take anything from me reposting that other than this... IF I OWE YOU A PART OR REFUND PLEASE EMAIL ME.

It was a really bad year, I made really bad choices, I'm here to try and fix them. madelisle@yahoo.com
Old 12-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #175
6LE Designs

FYI... I have registered a new username on here as IROC Motorsports since 6LE Designs does not exist anymore.

We (my wife and I own IROC Motorsports INC, we own the molds, do the designs, other people sell it, we just control the brand... Jeff Daniels in Florida owns IROC Motorsports LLC which licenses the name and sells all the parts and runs the website, no customer money goes through us) will be sponsoring this site and I will be operating out of that username to see what new products people are interested in, follow up with purchases, etc...

I just want to be fully transparent, the usernames 6LE Designs/IROC Motorsports are both me, Mark DeLisle, and you can contact me through the IROC Motorsports username for any unfulfilled issues you had with 6LE Designs.

We have not found any new/unresolved/being resolved customer issues since last month when I posted that letter.

However, if you're out there with an issue let me know, I'm here to make sure people got what they paid for or got their money back.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:54 PM   #176
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I don't see why y'all are hating on 6LE Designs...shit happens...they refunded the money...they went into debt...they started a new company to continue supplying people with products we like

They apologized get over the blast session it's immature.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:01 PM   #177
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
I'd purchase from him, I'd just be sure to use a credit card for the purchase for protection just in case. There's no doubt his product designs are top notch.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #178
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
I'd purchase from him, I'd just be sure to use a credit card for the purchase for protection just in case. There's no doubt his product designs are top notch.
Exactly what I think. His reputation has been hurt a little but if he provides a good service with his new company, I don't see why people would not trust in him.

Good luck with your new business.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:38 PM   #179
IROC Motorsports

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro IROC-Z
Thank you everyone. As promised, just paid for sponsorship under this account (IROC Motorsports).

Still me, Mark DeLisle, if there's any straggling 6LE Designs issues.

To be clear again (hopefully for a final time), all purchases are made through IROC Motorsports LLC, managed by Jeff Daniels out of Florida. My wife and I are IROC Motorsports INC and simply design and pay for and own the molds.

We are simply paid out of licensing deals, no direct to customer or even business to business for us. I definitely had a flaw juggling it all myself and managing the money, that problem is 100% solved.

All this means is that I can answer any questions you like about the product, how I designed it, how it's made, how it installs, etc... I can not offer you discounts (other than let you know of any sales Jeff is running)... I am not involved in sales (other than directing people) whatsoever.

We do still do sponsorships, however, after the NIGHTMARE our two sponsorships at this year's SEMA became, you have to be vetted... by my wife... good luck she's strict lol.

There's a few new products we will be releasing soon, in the meantime here's the new site...

www.irocmotorsports.com

...and the first video Hoonigan just dropped on the car (more to come of it doing canyon runs, burn outs, etc...

To the Admins and the community, thanks for giving me another shot.
IROC Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #180
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
While your past performance is disconcerting, I think there is a lot to be said for not running and hiding from it and being transparent in the name change for the new business.

As others have said, great looking products. Hopefully, you can get the process side down and flourish.

Best of luck.
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote