Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-24-2021, 08:52 PM   #1
Camaro05

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Turbo
Tuner in CT?

Hi guys, first time posting on this forum, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for tuner for the manual turbo 2.0 Camaro that's located in CT or within a reasonable driving distance from CT. I was looking into getting a remote tune from ZZP or Trifecta, but reading some of the posts, I wanna try to find a local tuner first for a more personalized tune. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know, thanks!

Last edited by Camaro05; 03-25-2021 at 05:32 AM.
Camaro05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:29 AM   #2
cmfhsu

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Jannetty Racing is local, but they are a proper speed shop with *big* prices, so if you're just looking for an okay street tune, Jannetty might be overkill.

They mostly work with v8s, though, so not sure how they are with the 4 cyl. You can sure give them a call.
cmfhsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
i4heavychevy

Drives: 2019 2.0 camaro
What are you wanting to personalize out of your tune? Zzp collects data logs and adjust the file based on how the car is performing. You can request personal preference from their tuner Matt at zzp did a excellent job.
K&N Intake, mishimoto intercooler, mishimoto charge pipes, GFB Diverter valve, zzp catted downpipe, Rev9 quad tip muffler delete, twister muffler midpipe, mishimoto oil catch can, MSD coilpacks, Zzp tune, BMR front rear chassis brace, BMR rear-Rear chassis brace, zzp front tower strut brace, zzp larger throttle body. .
i4heavychevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:00 AM   #4
Camaro05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfhsu View Post
Jannetty Racing is local, but they are a proper speed shop with *big* prices, so if you're just looking for an okay street tune, Jannetty might be overkill.

They mostly work with v8s, though, so not sure how they are with the 4 cyl. You can sure give them a call.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll give them a call.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:09 AM   #5
Camaro05

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4heavychevy View Post
What are you wanting to personalize out of your tune? Zzp collects data logs and adjust the file based on how the car is performing. You can request personal preference from their tuner Matt at zzp did a excellent job.

Well some people said the remote tunes they got didn't really do much for their car, so I kinda wanted to avoid that outcome with a local tuner that can adjust things to get the most out of my car. I'm basically brand new to tuning so I just didn't want to make mistakes with my first tune. But if Jannetty Racing turns out to be out of my budget and/or no other recommendations come through, I'll end up going through ZZP as that was originally what I was going to do. BTW do I need to make an appointment with Matt at ZZP or just ask for him when I go through with the tune?
Old 03-26-2021, 09:02 PM   #6
i4heavychevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro05 View Post
Well some people said the remote tunes they got didn't really do much for their car, so I kinda wanted to avoid that outcome with a local tuner that can adjust things to get the most out of my car. I'm basically brand new to tuning so I just didn't want to make mistakes with my first tune. But if Jannetty Racing turns out to be out of my budget and/or no other recommendations come through, I'll end up going through ZZP as that was originally what I was going to do. BTW do I need to make an appointment with Matt at ZZP or just ask for him when I go through with the tune?
You go on the site and order the tune, if you have a windows laptop that will save you some money or you can rent one. You then fill out all the stuff and they send you the HP tuner interface, you flash the stock tune and send it to his email, he will send over a base line tune you run a data log send it over and he adjusts it, sends revision, then you upload the new tune and send over another data log and so on and so on until he is happy how the logs look. I am personally very very pleased with tune from him my car is running fantastic. It’s definitely your call at the end of the day all I can do is tell you about my experience with zzp.
K&N Intake, mishimoto intercooler, mishimoto charge pipes, GFB Diverter valve, zzp catted downpipe, Rev9 quad tip muffler delete, twister muffler midpipe, mishimoto oil catch can, MSD coilpacks, Zzp tune, BMR front rear chassis brace, BMR rear-Rear chassis brace, zzp front tower strut brace, zzp larger throttle body. .
Old 03-26-2021, 09:29 PM   #7
Camaro05

Quote:
You go on the site and order the tune, if you have a windows laptop that will save you some money or you can rent one. You then fill out all the stuff and they send you the HP tuner interface, you flash the stock tune and send it to his email, he will send over a base line tune you run a data log send it over and he adjusts it, sends revision, then you upload the new tune and send over another data log and so on and so on until he is happy how the logs look. I am personally very very pleased with tune from him my car is running fantastic. It’s definitely your call at the end of the day all I can do is tell you about my experience with zzp.

If you don't mind me asking, how big of a hp/whp and torque gain did you see from getting the tune at ZZP?
Old 03-27-2021, 01:15 PM   #8
i4heavychevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro05 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how big of a hp/whp and torque gain did you see from getting the tune at ZZP?
As for actual numbers I’m not sure I would have to dyno the car. Before getting zzp I had the trifecta advantage tune from Phastek. The tune was ok but IMO zzp was 100 times better. The car pulls hard shifts smooth, downshifts smoothly. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I know some people have other opinions on zzp and trifecta. But from my experience zzp was far superior. I wish I had numbers to give to you.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:29 AM   #9
Camaro05

Quote:
As for actual numbers I’m not sure I would have to dyno the car. Before getting zzp I had the trifecta advantage tune from Phastek. The tune was ok but IMO zzp was 100 times better. The car pulls hard shifts smooth, downshifts smoothly. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I know some people have other opinions on zzp and trifecta. But from my experience zzp was far superior. I wish I had numbers to give to you.

Really appreciate the response! I'll probably look around one more time and just go with ZZP if nothing turns up. Ngl, kinda regretting not ordering the ZZP tune when they had their black friday sale a few months back, but oh well.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:52 AM   #10
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
The trifecta base tune file is claimed up to 40 hp and 41 lbs tq peak. Which is not bad and you don't chance of throwing any cel. If your planning on keeping stock then that would be best option IMO. Zzp and trifectas higher tune elite will gain you more throttle response and make the bolt ons you throw at it better.
No matter who you go through, just be sure that their tune does not flag your ecu and they can produce a stock file just in case you do get an unusual check engine light and have somewhat a warranty or something. Most dealers do not honor tunes due to the unknown people tampering with engine controls.
Also, I would free up thr exhaust and intake to allow your i4 to breathe better. I have the elite tune so in the future, I can always get a reflash at no cost. Their package includes unlimited calibrating which I s beneficial if you want to add bolt ons.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:50 PM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfhsu View Post

Thank you for the Recommendation.

I will be happy to take on a Dyno tune for the 4 cyl Turbo I have tuned several with great results.

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good

Having something perfect is never overkill.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:11 PM   #12
adman98

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Have you done 0-60 runs and what times have you gotten with your mods and the tune. I have most of what you have except for the IC or IC pipes and my best 0-60 is 5.3.

Pedal commander, TB, Muffler delete, GFB DV+, CAI, Catted DP and a tune is what I'm looking for next.

Tags
tune, tune input