Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-21-2021, 09:48 PM   #15
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Not an easy question, but does anyone have any idea on how effective these are? Much cheaper than PPF but I'm still worried for the life of my paint. Thanks.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:16 AM   #16
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
Not an easy question, but does anyone have any idea on how effective these are? Much cheaper than PPF but I'm still worried for the life of my paint. Thanks.
depends on how low they hand. i know the zl1 addon ones i have hang lower then the acs ones. they do a real good job. but any that flare out a little will do a lot more then nothing at all.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:09 PM   #17
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
ZL1's are too short on the front. To add to Zaska's post he's being serious to a point and I'll add that the universal mud flaps are the only ones that are going to save your paint. IN exchange for a little in the loos department. If the ZL1's were...an inch or two longer, they'd be pretty great. I removed mine and went universal, saved my paint which did have 3M on it. To the universal type though if you're a little creative and handy they can be screwed right on but people too much need a full solution and can't manage that part of things.
looks and less protection or vice/versa.

My universals on the front can scrape a little bit, they're that long.
WhiteMale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:31 PM   #18
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
ZL1's are too short on the front. To add to Zaska's post he's being serious to a point and I'll add that the universal mud flaps are the only ones that are going to save your paint. IN exchange for a little in the loos department. If the ZL1's were...an inch or two longer, they'd be pretty great. I removed mine and went universal, saved my paint which did have 3M on it. To the universal type though if you're a little creative and handy they can be screwed right on but people too much need a full solution and can't manage that part of things.
looks and less protection or vice/versa.

My universals on the front can scrape a little bit, they're that long.
not sure what caused yours to have issue. i havent see any mud or rock issues since installing them. even with my side skirts installed. i guess it depends on where and how your driving.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:16 AM   #19
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Fronts now installed.
Attached Images

Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #20
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Thanks for the info, I just ordered the ZL1 guards because I don't feel like turning my lower body panels into shredded paint.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote