Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
One word: disappointed

Just got a set of these in the mail...

So the 50th Anniversary Camaro Emblems are made in China.

There's a bit of me that's disappointed in that...

I'll leave this here...
Attached Images

Last edited by trublucamaro; 08-21-2016 at 07:23 PM.
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Thank the policies of this nation's government ,both sides included, that nothing much is made here anymore. Also for the fact the national pride is practically nonexistent anymore. Just look at all the asshats destroying the flag and being all proud about it by posting it to the web.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #3
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Well don't remove or open your paddle shifter

Well don't open or remove your paddle shifter. Surprise it's made in China.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 12-11-2017 at 01:20 PM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
well it would of cost you 5x the amount if it was made in america.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:08 PM   #5
toytruckman

Drives: 2014 Silverado 6.2L; 15 LTZ Tahoe
U expected some other country?
toytruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #6

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
At least they spelled Fifty correctly and the "Y" hasn't fallen off yet....So I wouldn't be too disapoonted...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #7
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
The 2015 Chevrolet Camaro sports the most North American content of any modern two-door muscle car, with 65 percent of its content sourced from the U.S. or Canada. As with previous generations of the Camaro (and Firebird), the current car is built in Canada. Engines come from the U.S. or Mexico, and transmissions are sourced from the U.S., Mexico, or Japan.

Nothing on the 2016 yet.

Source --- motortrend.com
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #8
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Made in China , yep .....that's how business make huge profit, they have their parts mass produced in China for peanuts and slap them in everything made in USA or Canada lol
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #9
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I can understand some disappointment but most of what we come in contact with on a daily basis is made in China. Stinks but you can thank politicians for that.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:31 PM   #10
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
At least they spelled Fifty correctly and the "Y" hasn't fallen off yet....So I wouldn't be too disapointed...
LOL! yes, and there's that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
The 2015 Chevrolet Camaro sports the most North American content of any modern two-door muscle car, with 65 percent of its content sourced from the U.S. or Canada. As with previous generations of the Camaro (and Firebird), the current car is built in Canada. Engines come from the U.S. or Mexico, and transmissions are sourced from the U.S., Mexico, or Japan.

Nothing on the 2016 yet.

Source --- motortrend.com
The Gen 6 is Assembled in Lansing, Michigan

Last edited by trublucamaro; 08-21-2016 at 08:00 PM.
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:39 PM   #11
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
It's a sad fact but having just returned from Detroit and the Woodward Dream Cruise I will tell you I feel for the city and its people. Right after WWII Detroit began to decline. A city that was once inhabited by 2 million has dwindled to several hundred thousand now. In addition to the plant tour in Lansing and obviously the events around Camaro Fifty and Woodward Ave we took a drive to a few places most never visited. It's not hard to find signs of urban decay whether you're downtown in Detroit or in the now vacant neighborhoods surrounding the city. We went to see Central Station where the trolleys and trains came from. Many who parked at Joe Louis Arena most likely saw the Memorial Bridge in the background. The same owner of the bridge owns Central Station. Recently new windows were added to the station which is now abandoned. It's a fabulous building and the architecture is really cool. It tells a story of what Detroit once was.

We also strayed off of Woodward up near Detroit and running along a few of the side streets which are now a wasteland. It's a pathetic site as homes which were once grand and adorned with classic architecture are slowly consumed by the land. Many were collapsing and burnt out. The ghetto is stark contrast to the shine of all the cars on Woodward which were born out of this once thriving metropolis.

Sadly many industries did not survive. The drive to manufacture products off shore has led to the destruction of a great city. When jobs disappeared so did the people. Detroit in many areas is turning into a post apocalyptic wasteland. We had a great trip but I return home deeply saddened for the city.

As much as it was a good vacation I'm glad I saw what has happened there. Your badge came with a price.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bx7tF1Ov8Vs
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #12
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
It's a sad fact but having just returned from Detroit and the Woodward Dream Cruise I will tell you I feel for the city and its people. Right after WWII Detroit began to decline. A city that was once inhabited by 2 million has dwindled to several hundred thousand now. In addition to the plant tour in Lansing and obviously the events around Camaro Fifty and Woodward Ave we took a drive to a few places most never visited. It's not hard to find signs of urban decay whether you're downtown in Detroit or in the now vacant neighborhoods surrounding the city. We went to see Central Station where the trolleys and trains came from. Many who parked at Joe Louis Arena most likely saw the Memorial Bridge in the background. The same owner of the bridge owns Central Station. Recently new windows were added to the station which is now abandoned. It's a fabulous building and the architecture is really cool. It tells a story of what Detroit once was.

We also strayed off of Woodward up near Detroit and running along a few of the side streets which are now a wasteland. It's a pathetic site as homes which were once grand and adorned with classic architecture are slowly consumed by the land. Many were collapsing and burnt out. The ghetto is stark contrast to the shine of all the cars on Woodward which were born out of this once thriving metropolis.

Sadly many industries did not survive. The drive to manufacture products off shore has led to the destruction of a great city. When jobs disappeared so did the people. Detroit in many areas is turning into a post apocalyptic wasteland. We had a great trip but I return home deeply saddened for the city.

As much as it was a good vacation I'm glad I saw what has happened there. Your badge came with a price.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bx7tF1Ov8Vs
unfortunately Detroit is repeat of what is going on all over this country and we are more concerned with who uses what potty and not hurting someone's feelings. We use to be feared. Now we are laughed at.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #13
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
unfortunately Detroit is repeat of what is going on all over this country and we are more concerned with who uses what potty and not hurting someone's feelings. We use to be feared. Now we are laughed at.
No argument here. One of the things we have gotten really good at is being offended by everything. Take a look at that video of Detroit and tell me that's not offensive. It's a travesty that we have allowed it to happen to ourselves.

Fear keeps you alive. Too bad we weren't afraid enough of ourselves to stop this from happening.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #14
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Guess where the Mustangs manual transmissions have been made for over seven years...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote