Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #15
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
He didn't say it shifts as fast or faster than an F1 car.. He did say shifts are faster than a PDK using paddles.. Let's see if that ends up being true or even close.. Will be awesome if so.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #16
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
Al O. did say faster than the PDK with the paddles and said it would feel like a F1 car if it was just an electronic switch. I think it is safe to say that it will not have much lag between the click and the shift.
+1
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #17
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Any mention as to if the LT4 had AFM or not? From what it is sounding like, it might not have it (GG tax sounds like its coming).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #18
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
Any mention as to if the LT4 had AFM or not? From what it is sounding like, it might not have it (GG tax sounds like its coming).
50/50 I guess...

LT1 Manual/Auto on Vette has AFM
LT4 Manual/Auto on Vette has AFM

LT1 Manual on Camaro has no AFM
LT1 Auto on Camaro has AFM

So, I'd actually like to know as well
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #19
HCT

Drives: Charger Hellcat
OP, the part you have labeled as custom launch control is really describing the line lock function.

Regarding A10 shift speed, did he really say it shifts faster than PDK, or it UPshifts faster? A typical torque converter transmission, even a high perf unit, can speed up upshifts quite a bit but typically it can't do the same speed on downshifts.

I know on the A8 all the GM press talked only about upshift speed but it was often misreported as generic shift speed.
HCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #20
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCT View Post
OP, the part you have labeled as custom launch control is really describing the line lock function.

Regarding A10 shift speed, did he really say it shifts faster than PDK, or it UPshifts faster? A typical torque converter transmission, even a high perf unit, can speed up upshifts quite a bit but typically it can't do the same speed on downshifts.

I know on the A8 all the GM press talked only about upshift speed but it was often misreported as generic shift speed.

It's upshift speeds. That is what was talked about with A8 and it's what he was talking about with A10. But, you're right. People just water that down to shift speed. Which is incorrect.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #21
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
He didn't say it shifts as fast or faster than an F1 car.. He did say shifts are faster than a PDK using paddles.. Let's see if that ends up being true or even close.. Will be awesome if so.
Exactly right... Heres just that part of his speech.

https://youtu.be/9QaJHdLLDhg
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #22
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
"This GM 10-speed" is not a GM only product. It was co-developed with Ford. I'm pretty sure they introduced it in the Raptor. So I suppose it is the first "car" with it but seems pretty silly that he's trying to claim it as solely theirs.

Also to compare the A10 which has a torque converter to an F1 car's gear box is beyond laughable. I'm sure the A10 will be better than the A8 but I'm pretty sure we all agree the A8 didn't come close to the PDK like Al said it would so I wouldn't buy everything he says about the A10 either.
Yes, it's a JV

No, pretty sure you can't get a 2017 Raptor. You can order one but they aren't being delivered. Available Fall 2016 which as we know is as late as mid December.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #23
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Alot of great info and thanks for the summary. I am concerned about how high that GG tax is going to be though....since you put it in caps...lol...
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #24
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
Alot of great info and thanks for the summary. I am concerned about how high that GG tax is going to be though....since you put it in caps...lol...
The Hellcat's is $1,700. Expect it to be less than that.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Looks like we have more folks confused about what the A8 was advertised to do, versus what everyone thinks GM said it can do.

The A8 speed comparisons were only with upshifts under wide open throttle, and that may have only been automatic upshifts....not manual.

That said....I don't get the complaints on shift speed on the A8 compared to the prior A6, or other traditional automatic transmissions. Its good, and when you are on hard throttle/WOT it upshifts fast, even in manual mode. Maybe not PDK fast in manual mode, but fast enough for me.

The A10 looks to be even faster...and if so, I don't see how anyone can be upset about that.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:10 PM   #26
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Looks like we have more folks confused about what the A8 was advertised to do, versus what everyone thinks GM said it can do.

The A8 speed comparisons were only with upshifts under wide open throttle, and that may have only been automatic upshifts....not manual.

That said....I don't get the complaints on shift speed on the A8 compared to the prior A6, or other traditional automatic transmissions. Its good, and when you are on hard throttle/WOT it upshifts fast, even in manual mode. Maybe not PDK fast in manual mode, but fast enough for me.

The A10 looks to be even faster...and if so, I don't see how anyone can be upset about that.
The complaints are simply GM trying to state that their new automatics are equal to or better than a DCT. Up and down, a "good" DCT is still better IMO but I haven't driven and A10. The A8 shifts quite well and is really a great automatic......just not a DCT. Maybe the A10 gets there.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #27
16sedanSS

Drives: fast
First, GM made a ridiculous claim that the A8 shifted as fast as PDK and no one called a GM rep out in public for their lies.

Now, GM is making a completely idiotic claim that the A10 shifts as fast as a multi-million dollar F1 car?

Can a fellow 2016 Camaro SS and Corvette owner like me please publicly call out these GM reps when they spew this BS?
I intend to call GM powertrain execs out to their faces over this at Carlisle in a few days.

I really love the new rev-matching of my 2016 Camaro SS's manual,
but these BS claims are completely ridiculous and appalling.
16sedanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #28
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16sedanSS View Post
First, GM made a ridiculous claim that the A8 shifted as fast as PDK and no one called a GM rep out in public for their lies.

Now, GM is making a completely idiotic claim that the A10 shifts as fast as a multi-million dollar F1 car?

Can a fellow 2016 Camaro SS and Corvette owner like me please publicly call out these GM reps when they spew this BS?
I intend to call GM powertrain execs out to their faces over this in Carlisle in a few days.

I really love the new rev-matching of my 2016 Camaro SS's manual,
but these BS claims are completely ridiculous and appalling.
Well, you do that and be sure to report back, Mr. 1 Post. Make sure you wear a camera, because I will want to watch the video.

It was stated time and time again the details of the PDK times and why they word it the way they do.