Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
Richard79

Drives: 2019 Camaro V8 Coupe (UK) 6 speed
help identifying broken door trim clip

I had to take the door panel off my 2018 SS and one of the black longer push in clips broke. This was a little while ago so I forget where exactly in the door it was - I think it was by the mirror connector.

I've uploaded a photo of it below, and you can see some felt material that came off with it. It's not one of the grey clips that go around the edge - they are smaller (and grey!). This one is about an inch or so long too.

I've looked at the repair manual and online but can't find a part or part number for it - any ideas?

Cheers!

Richard79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
It looks familiar, I’m afraid to say it’s a post that is built into the plastic on the door and not a clip. Only way to reattach it is with super glue or something of the sorts but it would probably be detached again with enough movement
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
Richard79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
It looks familiar, I’m afraid to say it’s a post that is built into the plastic on the door and not a clip. Only way to reattach it is with super glue or something of the sorts but it would probably be detached again with enough movement
Thanks for the reply. That's annoying but at least I know I'm not looking for a replacement clip now! I'll see if I can work out where it broke and glue it when I take the panel off again.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Try some Gorilla Glue to glue it back.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:14 PM   #5
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Napa stores will have OEM fastener and if the store is a distribution center it's probably in stock. If it is part of the door skin it will need glued back together.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:33 AM   #6
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I had mine apart recently, that is not one of the clips, that is the locating pin which helps align the panel.
The clips (on mine) were all gray and yellow, only that one black one, and it was not removable like the others.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:48 AM   #7
Richard79

Thanks all - having watched a video of the panel coming off, I can see it's the locating pin as mentioned by a few of you. I might try and glue it back on but not sure how much difference it actually makes!
Old 04-13-2021, 12:50 PM   #8
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard79 View Post
Thanks all - having watched a video of the panel coming off, I can see it's the locating pin as mentioned by a few of you. I might try and glue it back on but not sure how much difference it actually makes!
It does nothing to hold the panel in place, as long as it is aligned before popping the clips in, it should be fine. I did not find it particularly useful when putting my panel back on, not sure I would miss it if it wasn't there.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #9
Richard79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
It does nothing to hold the panel in place, as long as it is aligned before popping the clips in, it should be fine. I did not find it particularly useful when putting my panel back on, not sure I would miss it if it wasn't there.
Thanks!