Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-05-2021, 09:06 AM   #1
OutlawPerformanceGarage

Drives: ZL1 Camaro, Procharged Silverado,
Kong 2650 Belt Size?

Hey how are you guys doing. I need help figuring out a new belt size for my new supercharger Kongs 2650. I will be running a 9.06 lower and a 3.5 upper along with 100 mm idler pulley. This is a lot different than my original set up. I can’t seem to find any thing online that can help me figure out what BeltName:  F431483E-3A4B-4615-91CC-947C3B390731.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  201.1 KB size I can use. Any advice would be much appreciated guys. Thank you
OutlawPerformanceGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:00 PM   #2
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Id contact Kong for what they recommend or maybe Andy from ADM aka LSA-conversions
This going on a LSA stock short block ???
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
This might be a help. Is this a stock bottom end setup? I would be very interested in knowing how much gains you get out of this 2650 and boost level.

Lingenfelter LSA CTS-V ZL1 Camaro Pulley Combinations Belt Sizes.pdf
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:34 PM   #4
OutlawPerformanceGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Id contact Kong for what they recommend or maybe Andy from ADM aka LSA-conversions
This going on a LSA stock short block ???
https://youtu.be/4FWHNyO9_To
Check this out brother All the info and specs on this monster
Old 04-05-2021, 01:35 PM   #5
OutlawPerformanceGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
This might be a help. Is this a stock bottom end setup? I would be very interested in knowing how much gains you get out of this 2650 and boost level.

Right on man. Check this link out it has all the answers for your question.
https://youtu.be/4FWHNyO9_To
Old 04-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #6
OutlawPerformanceGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post

Yes this is a stock bottom end and stock heads. Making 753 rear wheel horsepower on e85, GT 14 cam, Kong‘s ported blower, 17 1/2 pounds of boost. The new upgrades are Kong’s 2650 Supercharger, stage III ported and polished Heads and a custom grind race cam by synergy performance. We should be running less boost so it’ll be better ok for the bottom end but we should make more power. I’m hoping for 900 rear wheel. With the upper and lower pulley combination that I’ve selected we should be making 15 to 17 pounds of boost. Putting us right at that 900 rear wheel horsepower Mark hopefully. I know I’m pushing the envelope with the stock motor but I’ve seen it done with very similar combinations and stock motors so I’m gonna take a chance. If something goes then I’ll pull the motor and build a forged one shooting for 1100 to the wheel.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:20 PM   #7
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Definitely in to see the results!! Badass!!

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:32 PM   #8
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawPerformanceGarage View Post
Yes this is a stock bottom end and stock heads. Making 753 rear wheel horsepower on e85, GT 14 cam, Kong‘s ported blower, 17 1/2 pounds of boost. The new upgrades are Kong’s 2650 Supercharger, stage III ported and polished Heads and a custom grind race cam by synergy performance. We should be running less boost so it’ll be better ok for the bottom end but we should make more power. I’m hoping for 900 rear wheel. With the upper and lower pulley combination that I’ve selected we should be making 15 to 17 pounds of boost. Putting us right at that 900 rear wheel horsepower Mark hopefully. I know I’m pushing the envelope with the stock motor but I’ve seen it done with very similar combinations and stock motors so I’m gonna take a chance. If something goes then I’ll pull the motor and build a forged one shooting for 1100 to the wheel.
Thanks for sharing but you should be fine on the engine with good fuel and not over aggressive timing at boost levels under 17. Thanks for sharing the info please keep updating because I am seriously looking at this exact setup. Also can you share the links to the other LSA engines that are now using the Kong 2650? Thanks!

Last edited by Dega Man; 04-05-2021 at 02:51 PM.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:48 PM   #9
xdamxincx
Banned

Drives: zl1 blk
hey outlaw .. me an my boys watch your crazy vids.. lol .. anyway . fb has a 2650 kong group..im on it but dont have a kong.. i know they experiment with diff belts and bigger ribbed pulleys and some custom setups from what ive seen.... those guys in that group would get you some more insight... peace...
xdamxincx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:09 PM   #10
OutlawPerformanceGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdamxincx View Post
hey outlaw .. me an my boys watch your crazy vids.. lol .. anyway . fb has a 2650 kong group..im on it but dont have a kong.. i know they experiment with diff belts and bigger ribbed pulleys and some custom setups from what ive seen.... those guys in that group would get you some more insight... peace...
Right on my brother