Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-05-2021, 08:29 PM   #57
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I give up. Ordered headers and cat deletes today though, not because of this thread. They were already planned a few weeks ago.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:33 PM   #58
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Just got word there's something going down at ARH too.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:53 PM   #59
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Weird, I thought the company that owned the IP made the decision to no longer publish 6 of their books. As far as I know, nobody forced them to do it and the rest of his works will remain in print. How has he been deleted? What happened to the free market?

For what it’s worth, Geisel made efforts later in his life to update some of the images.
https://www.drseussart.com/dr-seuss-...-racist-images
“He originally referred to this character as a “Chinaman” and showed his skin color as yellow. It is important to note that in a later reprint he removed the color and changed the text to “a Chinese man.””

Is that deleting himself?
“I don’t think you write a book like The Sneetches if you haven’t evolved,” Jones said.”

Apparently he hadn’t evolved in 1961 quite enough to satisfy the cancellors of 2021. Why not leave well enough alone? To bring this full circle...
Old 03-06-2021, 06:53 AM   #60
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
“I don’t think you write a book like The Sneetches if you haven’t evolved,” Jones said.”

Apparently he hadn’t evolved in 1961 quite enough to satisfy the cancellors of 2021. Why not leave well enough alone? To bring this full circle...
He definitely evolved. The publishing company doesn’t want to publish earlier works that they feel are contrary to his later opinions. Cultural norms evolve too, things that were ok 80 years ago aren’t always acceptable today. The Sneetches will still be published.

Why don’t you answer the questions I asked? Who cancelled him if it’s the publishing company making a decision about how they want to run their business? Just because you don’t like that they decided not to publish 6 books doesn’t mean it’s the wrong decision or that anyone was cancelled.

What happened to facts not feelings?
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:36 AM   #61
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
This thread took a bad turn. Can we restart it without all the politics and crap?

Plus complete street performance did a live stream last night and touched on the subject. They will be having a 1,000 hp epa compliant cats with the stamp on them.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:09 PM   #62
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
This thread took a bad turn. Can we restart it without all the politics and crap?

Plus complete street performance did a live stream last night and touched on the subject. They will be having a 1,000 hp epa compliant cats with the stamp on them.
There never was anything good about it. Someone says the sky is falling and triggers all the political whiners
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:29 PM   #63
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
The thing that disappoints me most about this thread is that I just noticed FlyingBanana changed his spec line and no longer has that picture of that beautiful woman posing with his car. My afternoon is ruined.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:34 PM   #64
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Well, I mean really, a header manufacturer that is no longer making catless connection pipes is not a crisis. Back in the day we used these things called header collectors that had flanges. Hell, now they have ball and socket connections that work even better. Anyone who can't figure out how to connect the header to the exhaust is probably not making enough power to need to remove the cat anyway. Was there supposed to be a serious debate over a non-problem.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 03-07-2021 at 02:36 PM.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #65
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
The thing that disappoints me most about this thread is that I just noticed FlyingBanana changed his spec line and no longer has that picture of that beautiful woman posing with his car. My afternoon is ruined.
Facts. Lmao.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:42 PM   #66
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Amen to that!!!
Old 03-06-2021, 03:44 PM   #67
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:

@katrina.dyork
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 05:41 PM   #68
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
He definitely evolved. The publishing company doesn’t want to publish earlier works that they feel are contrary to his later opinions. Cultural norms evolve too, things that were ok 80 years ago aren’t always acceptable today. The Sneetches will still be published.

Why don’t you answer the questions I asked? Who cancelled him if it’s the publishing company making a decision about how they want to run their business? Just because you don’t like that they decided not to publish 6 books doesn’t mean it’s the wrong decision or that anyone was cancelled.

What happened to facts not feelings?
You’re a typical, recriminating debater without a cogent point. It’s not like the publisher pulled these because they weren’t selling or the topics had become dated or something. Every article you can finds cites, new-found, modern definition, racism. Don’t pretend it isn’t illiberal BS. Now let’s get back to cars. The politically correct ones, like Tesla’s.

Name:  A2F208F2-BC7F-4CBD-8D68-E414CDEAE4DE.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  97.6 KB
Old 03-06-2021, 05:54 PM   #69
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Good by, I'm suspending myself from this thread.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:54 PM   #70
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
You’re a typical, recriminating debater without a cogent point. It’s not like the publisher pulled these because they weren’t selling or the topics had become dated or something. Every article you can finds cites, new-found, modern definition, racism. Don’t pretend it isn’t illiberal BS. Now let’s get back to cars. The politically correct ones, like Tesla’s.

Attachment 1060838

So is that a no, you don't have answers to any of the questions? I'm sorry you don't agree with DSE making a decision in their own interests but it's their decision to make and you can still buy the books, can still find digital copies, they just aren't going to print more of them. Free market and all that, not the first nor last books that will cease publication. If they hadn't made an announcement and done it silently, I think it would have been quite some time before anyone got upset over it. Do you have any sales #s for the 6 books? Everything I find covers his top ten best sellers and I don't see that any of them are on it.

Of course definitions and societies change over time, I'm not sure why one would make decisions based on out of date definitions or norms. Just because things used to be a certain way doesn't mean they still are, or that the majority of a society is opposed to the new norms. Thank goodness nobody has brought up Potato Head yet .

Ad hominem attacks don't bother me but they take away from whatever argument you are trying to make.

Last edited by Silver14; 03-06-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote