Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #43
chaospiece

Drives: 2018 SS, 2016 GT
American Authority sent me the replacement. It's still bad.
My MMD ones never looked like this.

They look cheap when you look at them and the edges aren't straight. It sucks so bad cause I like them, but settleling for good enough really comes across installing these louvers.

Name:  20180508_120827.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  128.8 KB

Name:  20180508_103244~2.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  132.4 KB

Name:  20180508_103236~2.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  112.7 KB
chaospiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #44
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Now I'm concerned about ordering these :/ I really like the look of the AA louvers over IKON's, but I'm kind of OCD about this stuff and even if it looks good from a distance I will know they're messed up.

To the others in the thread with the AA louvers, are yours clean or did they have rough edges like chaospiece's pictures? Or did chaos really just get two flukes in a row?
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:13 PM   #45
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Yeah, not acceptable. I'd give them one more chance to make good. Have one of their people look over the blades closely before sending the 2nd replacement. If they give you any shit get a refund. Keep us posted.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #46
chaospiece

Drives: 2018 SS, 2016 GT
They said they would inspect them before sending, and I believe them because it only came with the louvers re-wrapped and no other things like their adverts or mounting hardware.

I haven't got a response from them for these 2nd sets yet.

Maybe they were the best set they had available.
chaospiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:21 AM   #47
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Looks like someone was using the wrong tool for the job. A razor wouldn't be the best tool here. I plan on getting mine painted so I will have the paint shop correct anything major but I would imagine that sanding and painting would take care of most of that. However, I think its not unreasonable to get these in perfect condition. Looks like they should adjust quality control.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:35 AM   #48
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

Drives: '16 NFGray V6 M6
I just ordered a pair and have them back home waiting to install. I'll inspect them once I make it back in a few days to make sure there isn't any damage and let y'all know.
Sheriff37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:03 AM   #49
Alanarchy

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS NGM, 2015 Murano Plt
These are growing on me, but it literally looks like they were cut with a knife. If that`s the case I would just bondo it.
Alanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:17 AM   #50
red_johnny

One note which I am not sure if it was brought up before, the IKON set can hit the trunk when opened fully. These do not. These also do not require any double sided foam to keep vibrations down. I cant wait to get mine painted and installed.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #51
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

I have checked mine and there isn't any big damages, some slight cosmetic damage on the center of the middle louver but nothing serious. I did receive them a few weeks ago so maybe yall's batch slipped by QC?
Old 05-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #52
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

Just installed mine, as you can see in the included pics there are some damages to the louvers but nothing serious. There are some wonky cut lines that looked like the person who removed them from the mold was cross-eyed but they aren't too noticeable. The plates that attach the louvers to the windows are more noticeable than I would like, and I plan to sacrifice the edge of that 3M tape and cover it with some sharpie to hide it.

Overall, I am happy with the look
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #53
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I got mine, and it had a few mis cuts as well, but nothing too terrible. Had it painted gloss black and installed it, which was super easy. I went to the grocery store today, came out and opened the trunk to put my groceries away, only to have my trunk catch my louvers. Wth, j thought this was an Ikon issue. Come to find out, my car sat in 100 degrees for a couple hours and then warped. Along the bottom of the louvers has raised almost an inch and a half. Kind of bummed, but I think an easy solution, is to contact aa and ask for another stud to place where it is warped, and I highly suggest whoever buys one in a hot climate to do the same. Another thing I may do to make removals little easier( it likes to get stuck on the studs) is widen the mounting holes ever so slightly and use black washers. Between these two, it should make this kit look a good as it should.
Attached Images

Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #54
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Those cuts just look horrible. It is the year 2018 and laser cutters have been around for years. They look like they were cut by hand. Injection molding should be much better.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:06 AM   #55
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
I got mine, and it had a few mis cuts as well, but nothing too terrible. Had it painted gloss black and installed it, which was super easy. I went to the grocery store today, came out and opened the trunk to put my groceries away, only to have my trunk catch my louvers. Wth, j thought this was an Ikon issue. Come to find out, my car sat in 100 degrees for a couple hours and then warped. Along the bottom of the louvers has raised almost an inch and a half. Kind of bummed, but I think an easy solution, is to contact aa and ask for another stud to place where it is warped, and I highly suggest whoever buys one in a hot climate to do the same. Another thing I may do to make removals little easier( it likes to get stuck on the studs) is widen the mounting holes ever so slightly and use black washers. Between these two, it should make this kit look a good as it should.
Damn, I might add some double side tape there to keep that from happening after I get them painted. Just going to make it a PITA to remove when I need to clean the windows.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #56
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Aa came through and sent me a couple extra brackets. All I had to do is cut one bracket down, almost in half, line up and drill another hole and voila, no more warped bottom piece. Also, opened up all of the holes ever so slightly, which makes removal much easier, and the nuts still covered the holes, so no washers needed. Also, still tons of clearance between the center just and opening the trunk.
Attached Images

Booher is offline   Reply With Quote