Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-21-2018, 11:46 PM   #1
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
New 2018 1SS owner ..

Just got a new 2018 1SS today , I would have had it 4 days ago but the dealer didn't have what I wanted so they had to go 214 miles to a sister dealer ship ( Auto Nation ) to pick it up .. They told me that would flat bed it up to me but they drove it up and put on 214 miles .. That had me a bit hot headed when I found that out because I wanted to do the break in and not some lot jockey ..

I got to put a few miles on it today and I really like it ..It's not as twitchy as the 2015 GT Mustang I traded in , car seems to handle better also ..Best part is no damn drive train vibrations !! My mustang was pretty well modded , Procharged , drag radials running a E85 tune it ran 9.90s back to back all day .. I was pretty happy with that part of it but vibration problems and A/C problems had me on edge all the time .. It took the fun out of daily driving the car .. It had a recall for the door latches that I never had done because of some of the bad stories from guys that had them replaced ..

Back to the Camaro, I love it so far but for one thing ...I spent an hour looking for the CD player slot lol Just to find out they don't come with CD players anymore .. Well I guess I can live with that .. I can see over the hood unlike my Mustang ..I sure don't see why everybody was making a fuss about not being able to see out of the Camaro , it seems no worst or no better than my Mustang was to see out of .. I had the Mustang 3 years and they gave me a great price on the trade in .. I keep my cars really clean and I don't put a lot of miles on them .. I offered to pull the procharger off and they said no way , just leave it on ..They even gave me more money in trade to leave it on , so I did .. When I left the lot the salesman where fighting over the keys to drive it ..lol

In the end I got a smoking deal , car was marked down from the MSRP of 39k and change down to 32k .. I had been waiting all year for the year end sales to start so I could pick up a new Camaro .. Didn't care much for the look of the new 2019 Camaro , so I wanted a 2018 .. I didn't want to get a 2018 Mustang , I was to worried about the engine problems the guys are having and I just don't like the new look of the front end ..

So I'm going to get a quick 1500 miles on the car and change oil and see what I can get her to do in the 1/4 mile all stock and go from there .. I have a friend here on Camaro6g that got a high 11 out of his on the stock run flats in pretty good air , going to see if I can match his numbers in the fall once we have some better air move in .. Any tips you guys want to toss my way please do ..
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:20 AM   #2
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Welcome to the dark side. Congrats on the awesome ride!! Pics are welcomed!!
Old 07-22-2018, 01:24 AM   #3
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Congrats! Is this your first Camaro? Howabout a picture
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:12 AM   #4
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Congrats on your new ride! And yes, the visibility complaint is overblown as you've seen for yourself.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:44 AM   #5
satanschariot666
Banned

Drives: camaro
pics or there is no Camaro ss
satanschariot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:45 AM   #6
satanschariot666
Banned

Drives: camaro
I can sell you a CD player, what kind do you want
satanschariot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:56 AM   #7
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Nice! 34k was the best I could find on a 1SS, and at that point 40k for a 2SS made moar sense. 32k seems like a screaming deal. Good job.

I've have my 2SS a week today - mine came with 6 miles on it

After a week I have 350 miles on it. The visibility issue is distant memory already - it's just not an issue. Gets better every time I drive it.

Close call today from an ASSHAT on the road - tested the - for lack of better words "emergency higher speed handling" and All is good.

A couple guys, Lethal Camaro and Top Hat (or thereabouts) on youtube did a really great job in vetting the Camaro and probably without watching videos from those two guys I would not have even considered one.

Glad I did. Now post up some pics - let's see whatcha got!
Old 07-22-2018, 07:10 AM   #8
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
congrats on the new ride

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:27 AM   #9
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Congrats!!

I almost went to AutoNation Chevy last week until my local dealer came through for me. AutoNation was 1 of only 2 other dealers in all of FL with a red 1LE and my parents live that way so I was headed up there anyway and planned on stopping in until I got mine 2 days prior.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #10
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Congrats! A8 or M6?
Old 07-22-2018, 08:17 AM   #11
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
Just got a new 2018 1SS today , I would have had it 4 days ago but the dealer didn't have what I wanted so they had to go 214 miles to a sister dealer ship ( Auto Nation ) to pick it up .. They told me that would flat bed it up to me but they drove it up and put on 214 miles .. That had me a bit hot headed when I found that out because I wanted to do the break in and not some lot jockey ..

I got to put a few miles on it today and I really like it ..It's not as twitchy as the 2015 GT Mustang I traded in , car seems to handle better also ..Best part is no damn drive train vibrations !! My mustang was pretty well modded , Procharged , drag radials running a E85 tune it ran 9.90s back to back all day .. I was pretty happy with that part of it but vibration problems and A/C problems had me on edge all the time .. It took the fun out of daily driving the car .. It had a recall for the door latches that I never had done because of some of the bad stories from guys that had them replaced ..

Back to the Camaro, I love it so far but for one thing ...I spent an hour looking for the CD player slot lol Just to find out they don't come with CD players anymore .. Well I guess I can live with that .. I can see over the hood unlike my Mustang ..I sure don't see why everybody was making a fuss about not being able to see out of the Camaro , it seems no worst or no better than my Mustang was to see out of .. I had the Mustang 3 years and they gave me a great price on the trade in .. I keep my cars really clean and I don't put a lot of miles on them .. I offered to pull the procharger off and they said no way , just leave it on ..They even gave me more money in trade to leave it on , so I did .. When I left the lot the salesman where fighting over the keys to drive it ..lol

In the end I got a smoking deal , car was marked down from the MSRP of 39k and change down to 32k .. I had been waiting all year for the year end sales to start so I could pick up a new Camaro .. Didn't care much for the look of the new 2019 Camaro , so I wanted a 2018 .. I didn't want to get a 2018 Mustang , I was to worried about the engine problems the guys are having and I just don't like the new look of the front end ..

So I'm going to get a quick 1500 miles on the car and change oil and see what I can get her to do in the 1/4 mile all stock and go from there .. I have a friend here on Camaro6g that got a high 11 out of his on the stock run flats in pretty good air , going to see if I can match his numbers in the fall once we have some better air move in .. Any tips you guys want to toss my way please do ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanschariot666 View Post
I can sell you a CD player, what kind do you want
Congrats on the new ride. Details please? Color? Interior? Options? Pictures? Pictures? More pictures?

As far as the CD player goes, you have options....
  1. You can buy a CD player and get it installed
  2. You can plug a portable CD player into one of the two USB ports or audio jack
  3. My personal favorite....you can load a crap-ton of CDs onto a USB thumb drive and plug that into one of your two USB ports and fageddaboutit
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #12
smokinzx14r

Thank you all for the kind replies ...

It is a 1SS with a A8 ( it's what I wanted ) It's white with 20 inch black satin wheels .. I'm going to play around with it today and give it a good look over today .. I'll shoot some pictures today and post them up tonight ..

I'm sure at this point my first mod will be a stripe package , just have to pick a color for the stripes... Thinking silver with a red pin stripe ..
Old 07-22-2018, 08:46 AM   #13
smokinzx14r

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Congrats! Is this your first Camaro? Howabout a picture
I had a 1968 , 1969 , two 1970s , one 1971 split bumper and one 1979 Camaro .. I will post some pictures later today ..
Old 07-22-2018, 09:39 AM   #14
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
I can see over the hood unlike my Mustang ..I sure don't see why everybody was making a fuss about not being able to see out of the Camaro , it seems no worst or no better than my Mustang was to see out of ..
Congrats on joining the club. I'm sure you'll find that the car is awesome.

As far as the visibility, the problem is not out the front of the car. In normal driving, forward visibility is fine. The only slight issue in the forward view is the limited height - if you get too close to a traffic light, you may find that you can't see the light unless you bend down - so you bend down. Not a big deal. The actual visibility problem is rearward. Like others have said, you do get used to it, but that doesn't mean there aren't issues.

To give you an example, I went to a cruise night a couple weeks ago, and was backing into a spot next to another guy's car. The car owner was directly behind me giving me hand signals to help out, but I could not see anything above his waist through the rear window slit, and could not see him at all in the outside mirrors. The camera helped, but it was in the early evening with the sun low and there was glare on the camera. I ended up stopping before backing in, getting out to get the lay of the land, and asking the guy to move to one side or the other so I could see him out the side mirrors.

That said, the visibility issues do not lessen my appreciation for the car. You live with it, and that's it. I love the car despite the less than ideal interior storage, trunk usability, and visibility.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote