Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2023, 08:06 PM   #15
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Jedi mind trick found for removing the clips at minute 4
https://youtu.be/SRJWw9izaQM

Actually, I found it but still need to try it.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:15 PM   #16
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Jedi mind trick found for removing the clips at minute 4
https://youtu.be/SRJWw9izaQM

Actually, I found it but still need to try it.
That clip is a total PITA. I took my oil pressure sensor harness off tonight to change the sensor in hopes of fixing my zero oil pressure reading (it didn’t) so now I get to join you in harness diagnostics…ugh…
Old 04-27-2023, 06:31 PM   #17
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
That clip is a total PITA. I took my oil pressure sensor harness off tonight to change the sensor in hopes of fixing my zero oil pressure reading (it didn’t) so now I get to join you in harness diagnostics…ugh…
Sorry to hear you too are having some issues. I truly thought the pressure sensor replacement would have fixed the low oil pressure. I hope you find it soon.

I've made some more progress on this side. Getting those connectors off and circuit testing didn't change much from what I was receiving at the harness. However after plugging them both back in the fuse is no longer popping and 0 codes. I poked around those connectors and once I pushed on the oil solenoid 2 wire connection it popped the fuse. Checked the connection and noticed that it had a bit of moisture. Cleaned everything up and everything tested fine and couldn't replicate.

I wouldn't say fixed just yet. That one connection does sit straight up and I did fog the engine bay for a bit when I was purging my meth right near those connections (only water at the moment as this was another issue I was working before).

Could be the connection, smaller cable harness, or solenoid or maybe it will run great until the next project.

Just need to put everything back together and send it!
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Old 04-27-2023, 07:05 PM   #18
Joe's_cool_1le

I'm curious now that I have the diagrams it shows there being three connections on that small harness. Do they use a new cable with the kits removing the cam actuator connection? Below is from the service manual.
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2023, 06:55 PM   #19
Joe's_cool_1le

Well I sent it and the issue came back pretty quick.

I decided to check the oil pump flow control valve connector again and I did see that connection was still a bit wet. I went and got some electrical connection cleaner and sprayed and cleaned both ends pretty good then sprayed some air to make sure it was dry.

Car drove fine and no more codes again but I decided not to get on it. I'm starting to think that when I build up a bit of pressure at WOT it's allowing some oil to get into that connector.

If it's the O-Ring 18 included with number 7 in the picture then that means the front cover needs to come right? If so then that sucks.
Attached Images