Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-23-2020, 12:06 AM   #1
TPNxl

Drives: 2011 Mazda RX-8
CARB legal forced induction?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is any CARB legal supercharger or turbo kit for the V6? All of the legal ones I found are only available for the V8s or the Gen6 V6s. If anybody knows of one I would love to know!

P.S. I am not actually a Camaro owner; I am interested in swapping my RX8 with a Camaro LFX engine; so no, buying a Camaro SS is not possible, and no, putting an LS in my 8 is not possible due to the circumstances I'm in and the size of the car.
TPNxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:30 AM   #2
co14camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro
There's really only one kit out there for the Gen 5 V6 and that's the Overkill one. Overkill is in Canada and a one man operation. I can't see him ever getting his kit CARB certified.
CARB certification can take years and cost upwards or 250-500grand so that's why you only see BIG names doing it.
co14camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #3
TPNxl

Drives: 2011 Mazda RX-8
Yeah, that's basically what I've found too. It's sad that the high horsepower market for V6s is so small!
TPNxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #4
co14camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro
I hate to say it but most people that buy a V6 sports car when there's a v8 available is because they want the looks for a lower price and don't care about performance. They typically don't care about performance modification and certainly don't want to invest 6 grand in a supercharger kit that adds no monetary value to their vehicle.
co14camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
You could always try to grab the MACE cams and work on tuning the motor. MagnumForce at one point I think was turning his LLT like 8000 or 8300. There's power to be made.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote