Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-19-2020, 08:33 PM   #141
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
Yes, I know how a throttle controller works, thanks
Great! Good for you!
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:36 AM   #142
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Yes, you need to disconnect the host unit (black box) and reconnect pedal directly to ECM harness.
Thanks Mike, good to know. In that case it's good to have a ratchet wrench with a 10mm socket always in the car

One more question, if for any reason I ever unplug the controller (the unit with the buttons), for example when I park the car for an extended period of time, or in order not to leave it in the car during the night and then I plug it in, do I have to follow the same setup sequence that I followed when I first fitted it, in order to reprogram the unit?
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:01 PM   #143
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Thanks Mike, good to know. In that case it's good to have a ratchet wrench with a 10mm socket always in the car

One more question, if for any reason I ever unplug the controller (the unit with the buttons), for example when I park the car for an extended period of time, or in order not to leave it in the car during the night and then I plug it in, do I have to follow the same setup sequence that I followed when I first fitted it, in order to reprogram the unit?
No, it will save the calibration and your last-used settings.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #144
JeffWhiteSS

Drives: Camaro SS
Does this void any factory warranty if installed? This sounds like a great product but I have a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty I don’t want to mess with.
JeffWhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:08 AM   #145
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWhiteSS View Post
Does this void any factory warranty if installed? This sounds like a great product but I have a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty I don’t want to mess with.
No because it in no way adjust or changes the stock tune on the car. Buy one, you will not regret it!
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:22 AM   #146
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWhiteSS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
No because it in no way adjust or changes the stock tune on the car. Buy one, you will not regret it!
Exactly, and we have never heard of a single case of a denied claim with our TC or those from the competition, and if that weren't enough, they are also very easy to uninstall or conceal.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #147
TBAtilidk

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS 6M HBM
Hate to be the negative one in here, but I ran into some issues that may have been unveiled by running the TC. I do not think that this issue was caused by the TC but I'm not sure.

Ended up throwing a CEL after running the TC for about a month and a half. Read a number of codes all related to BCM issues along with a P0336 crank position sensor. Unplugged for a few days, CEL went away. I'm still going to replace the crank pos sensor but I don't think I'll be plugging TC back up ever. Again, not saying this TC caused the issue because I think this has been a known issue with my model year (2016 SS).

It was fun while it lasted
TBAtilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:20 AM   #148
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAtilidk View Post
Hate to be the negative one in here, but I ran into some issues that may have been unveiled by running the TC. I do not think that this issue was caused by the TC but I'm not sure.

Ended up throwing a CEL after running the TC for about a month and a half. Read a number of codes all related to BCM issues along with a P0336 crank position sensor. Unplugged for a few days, CEL went away. I'm still going to replace the crank pos sensor but I don't think I'll be plugging TC back up ever. Again, not saying this TC caused the issue because I think this has been a known issue with my model year (2016 SS).

It was fun while it lasted
Following because I would like to know if it was the Crank Position Sensor or something else that caused the problem.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:41 AM   #149
MakCamaro
Makis

I have heard a couple of stories from people using the Vitesse throttle controller throwing a CEL but none with the Soler one.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #150
MakCamaro
Makis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
No, it will save the calibration and your last-used settings.
Thanks Mike. Good to know in case I ever need to unplug it.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #151
TBAtilidk

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS 6M HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
I have heard a couple of stories from people using the Vitesse throttle controller throwing a CEL but none with the Soler one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
Following because I would like to know if it was the Crank Position Sensor or something else that caused the problem.
Again, I don't think the Soler TC is fully responsible simply because I was having issues similar to this almost a year ago, replaced the battery and it went away. Never threw a CEL though. That came after the TC install. I'll update the thread I guess after the CPS replacement in case any one is curious. I still think the TC is a great budget buy for a little extra fun but I won't run the risk until I understand what's going on with my current problem.
TBAtilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:41 PM   #152
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Price on the website is $95, is there a discount code or something? I thought they were $75.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #153
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
That was the intro price.

At $95, it is a steal.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:16 AM   #154
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Sorry for the stupid question, but can the controller be used with the stock throttle body? Just looking to clean up the throttle response, not necessarily replace the throttle body.

Thanks.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote