#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #57
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Awesome, and thank you for the details. Sticky-icky tires always make for a happy day at the track.

I'm kind of blown away you found the stock pads good, and better than DTC60's. I guess I'll keep mine on for my first track day next month as a baseline. I'm envious of you guys having year-round track seasons!
I wouldn't say the OE pads were better, but really good. If I was doing longer sessions or double stinting the car (like I was @ Barber) I'd definitely want the DTC 60's. Plus the OE pads lower friction meant the brakes had a slightly longer stroke but offered better feel. Looking at the braking trace on PDR at NCM vs Barber... you can see I'm using more pedal stroke at NCM on the OE pads.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM   #58
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Here's a couple laps from the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park in Bowling Green, KY this past weekend with NASA. I'm running square 18x10 et 25 Apex wheels with 280 Yokohama take-off non-dot slicks. The car was absolutely amazing. Also, after running DTC 60's at Barber last month, I decided I'd give the OE Ferodo pads a try, and I'm glad I did- they were amazing. I had brought the hawks just in case I needed to swap them out, but I ran all three days on the stock pads. I was still feeling out the tires in this session, the Camaro can run in the 2:10 range in ideal conditions and no traffic. Also, the PDR speedometer is 5.5% fast as the '18 wheel/tire combo is 5.5% smaller overall diameter. Quick reference: 140mph = 132mph, 100mph = 94.5mph. I'm running with TC/Stability off, rev match off.
Awesome. What were your max lateral g's?
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #59
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I wouldn't say the OE pads were better, but really good. If I was doing longer sessions or double stinting the car (like I was @ Barber) I'd definitely want the DTC 60's. Plus the OE pads lower friction meant the brakes had a slightly longer stroke but offered better feel. Looking at the braking trace on PDR at NCM vs Barber... you can see I'm using more pedal stroke at NCM on the OE pads.
I appreciate the input. That sounds like it meshes well with glamcem's feedback on loving the ST-43's.

Also I forgot to say in the last post: Nice driving!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #60
Provoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Awesome. What were your max lateral g's?
Good question, I didn't even think to look on the cosworth tool for max g, I was only concerned with checking minimum oil pressure. I was happy to see no major difference in oil pressure on slicks versus OE goodyears at Barber. I'll look at Lateral G data tonight.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #61
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Quote:
Good question, I didn't even think to look on the cosworth tool for max g, I was only concerned with checking minimum oil pressure. I was happy to see no major difference in oil pressure on slicks versus OE goodyears at Barber. I'll look at Lateral G data tonight.
Good to hear that too. Oh while we're talking oil, can you please check what your max oil temps were? Thanks.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #62
Provoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Good to hear that too. Oh while we're talking oil, can you please check what your max oil temps were? Thanks.
268 max oil temp this past weekend @ NCM. 271 max at Barber.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #63
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Quote:
268 max oil temp this past weekend @ NCM. 271 max at Barber.
Much appreciated. That's right in line with what everyone is reporting.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #64
Provoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
Provoste is FAST.
Ha- thanks. Always trying to get better. I'm really enjoying the PDR as a training tool, watching throttle and brake traces, seeing how car responds to inputs, etc. I wish my student cars all had PDR, and I'd recommend you instructed students use PDR with your instructors to debrief after sessions or at the end of the day. This type of data is what pro teams use with drivers.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #65
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
This goes with the very first post on this thread. Here's a single lap at Barber. Yes as discussed on a different thread, all tc/stability/ptm off. E-diff working its magic. Such a great car on track!

nice driving, I really like this track it's one of my favorite track in East Coast for sure .. I wish the runoff area was a bit bigger though

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
Turns out my driver's side sway bar end link was loose, as I suspected.

Video -

I honestly think they just aren't tightened enough from the factory. It took minimal effort to remove the passenger side lower link. I applied a drop of red locktite to both sides to prevent it from happening in the future.
Aha, that explains that weird clunk noise that I started having on the way back from the track day. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer but if it's just the endlinks I will simply torque them so that I don't have to let the service people work on my car I think this should be sticky as it seems like a common issue with our cars ..thanks for sharing
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #66
Provoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
nice driving, I really like this track it's one of my favorite track in East Coast for sure .. I wish the runoff area was a bit bigger though

Aha, that explains that weird clunk noise that I started having on the way back from the track day. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer but if it's just the endlinks I will simply torque them so that I don't have to let the service people work on my car I think this should be sticky as it seems like a common issue with our cars ..thanks for sharing
Yeah, my front bar was loose after Barber too. Also, my cars alignment had walked considerable after its first track outing (toe especially). Feels perfect after NCM, I guess everything is now happy in the suspension.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #67
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
Heard some clunking around on mine the other day. I'm about to jack it up and look now. Glad I read this. Thanks guys. I'll let ya know what happens.
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #68
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Here's a couple laps from the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park in Bowling Green, KY this past weekend with NASA. I'm running square 18x10 et 25 Apex wheels with 280 Yokohama take-off non-dot slicks. The car was absolutely amazing. Also, after running DTC 60's at Barber last month, I decided I'd give the OE Ferodo pads a try, and I'm glad I did- they were amazing. I had brought the hawks just in case I needed to swap them out, but I ran all three days on the stock pads. I was still feeling out the tires in this session, the Camaro can run in the 2:10 range in ideal conditions and no traffic. Also, the PDR speedometer is 5.5% fast as the '18 wheel/tire combo is 5.5% smaller overall diameter. Quick reference: 140mph = 132mph, 100mph = 94.5mph. I'm running with TC/Stability off, rev match off.
Stock pads worked fine for 3 days on track with slicks? That's very impressive! And... Man,,, you can drive!!!
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #69
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Yeah, my front bar was loose after Barber too. Also, my cars alignment had walked considerable after its first track outing (toe especially). Feels perfect after NCM, I guess everything is now happy in the suspension.
I've searched but didn't find anything about this until I found this post GM should create a TSB for this if this is a common issue. Since I have a lifetime alignment from Firestone, I'll definitely have them checked before the next event (which is probably next Friday)

Do you guys recall the end link torque specs? (both sway bar and strut arm side)
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #70
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
Quote:
F**King WOW!!! That was incredible brother!!! Wish I could have been there for that one. I have to drive NCM that is a nice track and great driving by the way. I can tell the slicks definitely made a difference. Please send me all the details on the rims. And where I can find a used set if you know of some. lol I just can't bring myself to pay $1500 a piece for them.
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote