Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 06-22-2023, 02:49 PM   #15
goata8

Drives: 2023 LT1 A10
I recently got turned onto Collinite stuff through the boating crowd while I was redoing my boat the past couple years. Collinite makes a wax (I believe its #915 but dont quote me) specifically for paint and it is hands down the best wax I've used on a black car. Just make sure you read the instructions if you go that route bc this stuff is not your typical put it on the whole car, have a beer or two while it hazes over and then go buff it off. It's wax on, wax off in little sections. If it does get caked on there go over it with a second light coat, it'll re-soften itself up. Awesome stuff for paint.

Presta and Smoove also have some really nice stuff I've tried and can attest to. Again, do some reading and be aware some products are for clear coated paint, some are for gelcoat, some can be used for either.

Someone mentioned Mezerna which I haven't tried but has a very good reputation.

I usually go with cheap car soap in a foam cannon or two bucket method depending on the day but thats just me. If you want expensive soap go for it. I'm no expert but I've built quite a detailing arsenal over the years for my cars and boats and really it's just trial and error, and getting your techniques down for what works for you.

Past: 2017 1SS A8, 1998 SS M6, 1995 Z28 M6
goata8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 03:34 PM   #16
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by goata8 View Post
Collinite makes a wax (I believe its #915 but dont quote me) specifically for paint and it is hands down the best wax I've used on a black car.
Start with Jescar Power Lock Plus, then top with Collinite 845. One of the best wax combos available, and many folks get a year out of it. I haven't tried it but I've seen it so many times by professional detailers, that I don't doubt it. But even the Collinite by itself yields fantastic results from what I've seen.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal

Last edited by DamonZ28; 06-24-2023 at 08:36 PM.
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 04:03 PM   #17
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
Man screw wax. it takes longer and more effort putting on a wax then actually putting on a ceramic coating. You dont need to polish if you dont want to with a coating as long as the paint is clean.

Also if you dont wanna do that just use a good ceramic spray and will last as long as collinite and takes about 10min to do the whole car.
I havnet used collinite in like 15years and few weeks ago I busted out my Zymol Glasur paste wax and welp never again. To much work for something that wont last as long as any ceramic sealant you can put on in such a short amount of time.
8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 03:22 PM   #18
wilbur_xmas

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
Start will Jescar Power Lock Plus, then top with Collinite 845. One of the best wax combos available, and many folks get a year out of it. I haven't tried it but I've seen it so many times by professional detailers, that I don't doubt it. But even the Collinite by itself yields fantastic results from what I've seen.
I use this combo with Duragloss Aquawax as a drying aid. It lasts at least a year on my garaged car and looks and feels as good as anything I have seen or tried. Also, the application of everything is so easy and a single bottle of 845 will last you a lifetime.
wilbur_xmas is offline   Reply With Quote