Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-09-2020, 12:15 AM   #1
Coleblak

Drives: 2010 chevrolet Camaro LT
How much HP can the LLT handle? What can be done to bulletproof it?

I have a page long list of mods I want to do to my 2010 camaro for HP gains and handling and looks. But I don't want to do so much that I blow the engine obviously.

If you can point me to the resources I didn't find in my initial search that would be great.

Also, how much HP can the 6l50 handle? Can that be bulletproofed to a certain degree or should I just start saving for a powertrain swap if my goals are too much(thinking 650hp on the chassis dyno while still maintaining street drivability)?

p.s.: Is there a better vin search site to fully verify the build of my camaro?
Coleblak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
A 2010 automatic V6 will always be the same, 3.23 rear gears, LLT, 6L50. If it has leather interior, it's a 2LT. Unless I don't understand the question there.

The LLT is good for about 460whp. You'll run out of fuel at that point I think. You can always get forged internals and run meth injection to get more power. The 6L50 tuned properly is about as good as a 6L80 so that shouldn't be your limiting factor.

If you're looking for 650+ numbers you'll either be into a decent custom TT build or just trade the car on a V8. Swapping the powertrain in the car is not as economical.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote