Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Do you still use a landline phone in your home?
Yes, but I have wireless too. 59 44.36%
Yes, that is all I use. 7 5.26%
No, I am completely wireless! 67 50.38%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2020, 12:42 AM   #43
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
I have Ooma voip at home. $6 a month.
Look into an Anveo voip, and Page Plus cellular combo.

For anyone that dislikes getting bilked by the telephone industry. I spend roughly $100 per year, not counting internet service.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #44
WS6ADDICT

Drives: 85IROC-94Z-81Z2-2018 Vert 2002 WS6
Ditched it 3 years ago...........FRIGGIN ROBO CALLS ALL WE GOT!!! Why do we as Americans put up with this crap? Should wear out our lawmakers phones til they put an end to the continual barrage we get. Oh crap, it's 2020 ......election year......glad I no have the land line anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WS6ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:20 PM   #45
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
I have a Google Voice number that rings the phone (our old landline number ported). Not actually a landline, but its the house phone. We use that number when we dont want to give out our cellular numbers. Typically when we are signing up for some sort of service or something. They can call and talk to the answering machine lol, we never answer it.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #46
CamaroFan63
Sullie63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Only cell phone used
There is a land line here,
no phone connected to it.
Love being able to pick up tv remote
and hang up on who ever thinks they
are gonna get an answer.
Oracle clear side markers / LLmar tint sides and rear.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Member of SICC. Southern Illinois Camaro Club
CamaroFan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:50 AM   #47
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
I just switched over to a smart phone this past summer. I should have done it sooner as its a little cheaper and more convenient. I technically still have a land line, but its not hooked up.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #48
ragzl1
JOHN

Drives: 13 ZL1, 69 RS, 19 Z06, 57 Vette
True Story - Went to use land line and did not work. Realize I had not gotten any telemarketers for 1 or 2 months. Called from cell phone to cancel land line. They would not cancel without a PIN number or calling from the actual land line (that does not work as I told them). Had the land line for over 30 years so I never obtained a PIN number. So then told them that I needed to have a service call to fix the line. They sent out a technician and he got it fixed. I told him thanks and now I was going in to call and cancel the line. You should have seen his face when he said you got to be kidding me. I just shook my head no as I walked inside. He knew he would be back the next day to unhook the line and he was.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #49
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzl1 View Post
True Story - Went to use land line and did not work. Realize I had not gotten any telemarketers for 1 or 2 months. Called from cell phone to cancel land line. They would not cancel without a PIN number or calling from the actual land line (that does not work as I told them). Had the land line for over 30 years so I never obtained a PIN number. So then told them that I needed to have a service call to fix the line. They sent out a technician and he got it fixed. I told him thanks and now I was going in to call and cancel the line. You should have seen his face when he said you got to be kidding me. I just shook my head no as I walked inside. He knew he would be back the next day to unhook the line and he was.
Sadly stories like this are all to common now.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #50
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS6ADDICT View Post
Ditched it 3 years ago...........FRIGGIN ROBO CALLS ALL WE GOT!!! Why do we as Americans put up with this crap? Should wear out our lawmakers phones til they put an end to the continual barrage we get. Oh crap, it's 2020 ......election year......glad I no have the land line anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can block numbers if I cared. It's been easier just to ignore so far. I down to less than $400 a year that covers what used to be cable, phone, magazines at a much higher cost. The extra savings will make an LT1 easier to swallow.

I stumbled onto seeing the site for US Mobile. It seems comparable. I have not talked to anyone that's tried them, yet.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #51
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzl1 View Post
That sounds like AT&T.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:00 PM   #52
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
That sounds like AT&T.
Nah, with AT&T you would have had to call in at least 3 times to get a tech to fix your line 1st. Wish that was a joke but speaking from current experience, AT&T out again tomorrow for me
Old 01-30-2020, 09:56 PM   #53
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Nah, with AT&T you would have had to call in at least 3 times to get a tech to fix your line 1st. Wish that was a joke but speaking from current experience, AT&T out again tomorrow for me

I worked at AT&T for 9 years. I had Verizon phone service for home and cell. My manager didn't like it too much. I told him when he starts paying my bills out of his pocket, his opinion will matter.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:00 AM   #54
WildRabbit

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2019
Quote:
I worked at AT&T for 9 years. I had Verizon phone service for home and cell. My manager didn't like it too much. I told him when he starts paying my bills out of his pocket, his opinion will matter.
Always been wondering what these guys think about. "Company spirit"? Company spirit won't pay the bills.
The thread was started in 2012, it's 2020 why should it be so difficult to cancel off land line
WildRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:39 AM   #55
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
I can block numbers if I cared.
Yes you can block a number but you still can't prevent that company from from calling. The same companies can and do call multiple times a day by phishing their number. They generate the number you see so it's always different.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:43 AM   #56
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Yes you can block a number but you still can't prevent that company from from calling. The same companies can and do call multiple times a day by phishing their number. They generate the number you see so it's always different.

It's spoofing not phishing.