Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 06-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #15
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
Not sure I should duck after I post this, but why would one want a dash cam? Furthermore why would one want a rear cam as well?

Not trying to be provocative, I simply don't understand the appeal of recording every drive to the supermarket, etc.

Are you using it as insurance, ie. accidents or vs police?
accidents for me, front and rear camera for proof. You never know whats going to happen on the open road or parking lots which is the other reason I got it. I have walked out to my car too many times to door dings and I even witnessed an old lady bump into my car with her car, hard enough that my car lunged back. She denied it of course so I showed her where her license plate bolts marked my front end.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:29 PM   #16
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
accidents for me, front and rear camera for proof. You never know whats going to happen on the open road or parking lots which is the other reason I got it. I have walked out to my car too many times to door dings and I even witnessed an old lady bump into my car with her car, hard enough that my car lunged back. She denied it of course so I showed her where her license plate bolts marked my front end.
So as a monitor of sorts.

These run while the car is turned off? If they are mounted front & back are you getting a side view as well?

Can this function like say NEST or RING, where you are alerted? If not, it would definitely be something I'd be interested in.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:27 AM   #17
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
So as a monitor of sorts.

These run while the car is turned off? If they are mounted front & back are you getting a side view as well?

Can this function like say NEST or RING, where you are alerted? If not, it would definitely be something I'd be interested in.
Great questions! Mine will run when the car is off and has a feature that turns the unit off if it drops below a certain battery voltage. For the side views, there are systems out there for that but most that I have seen are for parking situations. These are not alarms so there is no alert in these mid ranged models, not sure on the higher end but if you would want that I would suggest a mid priced car alarm with that feature.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote