Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 04-12-2016, 08:42 AM   #29
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Awesome! You should take some pics of the parts when they arrive and post em up!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:24 AM   #30
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAmerican View Post

Dyno from today.. Kinda at a loss for words, but on the plus side my cam should be here soon so these numbers will go up
Hey man, good luck with everything. I just came across your thread and was reading through it. You might be the first person doing cams and heads on the gen6. The ProCharger is probably going to be the best bang for your buck. Can't wait to see more and wish you the best of luck with everything.

Also, am I seeing this right? You added the MSD and a tune and you didn't break 420?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #31
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Hey man, good luck with everything. I just came across your thread and was reading through it. You might be the first person doing cams and heads on the gen6. The ProCharger is probably going to be the best bang for your buck. Can't wait to see more and wish you the best of luck with everything.

Also, am I seeing this right? You added the MSD and a tune and you didn't break 420?
Thank you!
I might be the second for the heads and cam. But will be first for a built motor outside of Hennessey, Lingenfelter, Callaway etc. (I think, don't quote me)

That is correct, I added everything and didn't break 420. I'm going to put it back on the Dyno one more time to see what the numbers are. Those pulls were done after it was tuned. So hoping for a little bit better results.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #32
AlwaysAmerican

And an update.. Cam is in, forgot to order the push rods so we just did that today.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:51 AM   #33
AlwaysAmerican

Realized I haven't posted a picture in a while.
So here are a few from a run last weekend.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #34
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Hey, good luck with your build. I'm glad to see you are going with nitrous as well. Had it on my last Camaro, and loved it. As for your 1/4 mile time, for those that don't know, LVMS is a terrible track on open Friday nights (Midnight Mayhem). No track prep to go along with terrible DA. I calculated the DA for that day, and it was over 2600 feet. Corrected, you would have ran 12.4 at sea level. Track times are always slower here.

Although, once you slap that nitrous on, DA doesn't matter as much. lol Looking forward to seeing how you do.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:11 AM   #35
LesBaer
FMPG

Everything will come together man. Just make sure you start following the HPTuners, DomesticBoost and other sites to see what the C7 guys have learned. One big thing that I noticed is that you're going to hit a bottleneck around 600rwhp where you need to switch to meth. There's some kind of a bug within our ECU that complicates matters, but it's not impossible to overcome. I've seen one other forum member researching it that I recognized from here. If the person or shop you're using knows direct injection fuel management, you should be good. Otherwise, be very careful. Good luck with everything and thank you for keeping the updates coming

Edit - Hey I forgot to ask, are you going all out on the internals (chromoly and forged)? I think I saw your build package on a vegas area website when I was poking around. One suggestion - not sure if this is even possible, but try and snag some extra parts from the Pro Charger guys while you can. I've heard it can be tough later on due to supply/demand.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #36
AndOne707

Drives: 350
Adding just the cam ? Or did you also orders heads for the LT1 ?
A bit more of detail would help, like are u adding valve springs plus lifters ?
Please keep us up to date.
AndOne707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #37
CAPerformance16

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndOne707 View Post
Adding just the cam ? Or did you also orders heads for the LT1 ?
A bit more of detail would help, like are u adding valve springs plus lifters ?
Please keep us up to date.
With his cam, valve springs are a must. If your car is Auto, it will have AFM which will also need deleted etc so new lifters Etc.
Now tuned on E85, CA Performance Test pipes & Circle 4C 3800 stall shooting for low 7's next time out.
CAPerformance16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:07 PM   #38
AlwaysAmerican

Cam, lifters, valves, springs, port, etc. Heads will be re-done. AFM will be deleted.

Hoping the wheels and pushrods come in at the same time, that way I can knock it all out at once.

I forgot what all we ordered, but I'll end up editing the first post with a complete break-down of what everything has cost so far
Old 05-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #39
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Cam, lifters, valves, springs, port, etc. Heads will be re-done. AFM will be deleted.

Hoping the wheels and pushrods come in at the same time, that way I can knock it all out at once.

I forgot what all we ordered, but I'll end up editing the first post with a complete break-down of what everything has cost so far
Hey man, any news on your build?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #40
AlwaysAmerican

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Hey man, any news on your build?
We're waiting on head bolts to become available and I'm still waiting on the wheels from Lexani.

Just moved into a bigger house, so once I get everything straightened out the car will get done.
Decided that we're going to add Meth Injection as well.

So it's just a waiting game at this point unfortunately.. The wait it killing me!
Old 05-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #41
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
We're waiting on head bolts to become available and I'm still waiting on the wheels from Lexani.

Just moved into a bigger house, so once I get everything straightened out the car will get done.
Decided that we're going to add Meth Injection as well.

So it's just a waiting game at this point unfortunately.. The wait it killing me!
I hear you man...I can't even stand the wait today for my ALP system to get installed LOL! I waiting on Forgelines right now too. Getting my tints done on Friday and I think that'll be it for me for the rest of the year unless I come across a better rear spoiler. Once you get your car moving above 130, you're going notice our aero is going to be a very difficult problem to overcome.

Definitely let me know if your tuner is able to remove your 160mph speed limiter without tripping the 85mph message. That was the one thing I could not figure out and we think there's a bug in our ECU.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #42
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Nice build! Great start to your dream car. We will be watching for updates
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote